It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grills

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

Originally posted by Misfit
.......... the ultimate in Rap software:

fo, wit, dat, da,

You really have no clue, outside of your own little wanna be rapper world, how blatantly ignorant you and everyone like you make yourself sound, do you.

Misfit

Ignorant? You are da ignorant one. Why? For calling my work, interests, and styles "ignorant". Seriously, ya can't get any more ignorant then dat!

So tell me.............why am I ignorant? I already told ya why you is

And if its my "street" words that I use, I can say whatever I want
I wanna say "dat", "cuz", "homie", etc I can. I see no ignorance in dat. And I ain't no wannabe, cuz technically, there is nothing that I ain't trying to be that I'm not. I want to be a Russian soldier-which I will become. I am already a G, and if you don't think so, ask anyone around me. I'm offering for you to come to MY HOOD any day and any time and ask about me. If you don't wanna come, datz your problem. But don't say that I havn't offered ya evidence about WHO I AM. Cuz I CAN back my stuff up. I don't say what I can't back up and I don't be lying or snitchin. Dat ain't me

And if you trippin about what I say in my raps, guess what? We (rappers and any other singaz) can say WHATEVER WE WANT in our songs. We don't have to say everything TRUE in our songs. We don't have to say everything FALSE in our songs.

And remember, I don't really consider my self a rapper. I consider myself a soldier. Datz my thing. Rappin is just another hobby of mine. Just like drawing, and exercizing.

Hmmmmmmmm........or maybe I'm ignorant cuz I wanna get a grill?

You are ignorant, you cant even speak proper english. You are a poser and a bad one at that. Keep talking, you do a good job of proving how ignorant you are by yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This is the funniest thread I've seen in ages.

As you were...

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I can speak proper English when neccessary, I can speak "street style" when neccessary. And yet still you've failed to tell me why I'm ignorant :shk: what a shame, I thought you were the "all wise, all knowing" guy.

Surprisingly, I speak a second language and will reside most of my life in a non English speaking country (Russia) where I was also born and lived for many years, yet I scored better then most people in my class on the exit exam, which many many students fail, let alone score that good. And the section where I surpassed my class the most was in the english part! Many teachers have told me that I have mastered English very well in a short time and speak and write it amazingly.

As for my "street style" typing and speaking, I can use that in appropriate times, ie I won't use it for example at work or school, but I can use it on a thread where we talk about street life

I can speak da langauge anyway I wants to. I kan spik eet weeth bad punkshuation if I want to, it doesn't matter. There is nothing you can force me to do

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

Originally posted by Implosion
If you're serious about getting a decent mic for recording vocals, I'd recommend one of these.

[edit on 8/9/06 by Implosion]

How much does it cost? Can I get in regular stores like Radioshack or Walmart?

Amazon.com

[edit on 15/9/06 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Soldier. Real thugs are idiots who cant get real jobs. They speak that way because they dont know any better. The funny thing is that you talk about rap like you know so much about it, but the reality of it is that I know way more about the entire hip hop genre than you do. I am a collector of underground hip hop and oldschool rap music dating all the way back to 1984. I Dj for College parties up and down the east coast. I have hung out with Mos Def and Russel simmon while working at HBO.

As a relatively reliable representative of what real rap music is all about I can assure you that you have it all wrong.

The fact that you think its just another way to speak the english language just goes to show how out of touch you really are. It has nothing to do with different forms of language, it has everything to do with IMPROPER ENGLISH.

Good rap doesnt use monkey talk, it uses real english. When you get the time to put down your 'Now thats what i call Music Volume 17' Cd check out artists like..

Deltron
Atmosphere
Aceyalone
Jedi Mind Tricks
Aesop Rock
Mood
Afrika Bambata
Krs1
Tonedeff
Cunninlynguists
Antipop Consortium
Edan

Until then, you know nothing about rap.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Really good rappers are

Tupac
Notorious BIG
Mac Dre

Pretty good ones

Yukmouth
E40
Keak Da Sneak
Too Short
Guce and Killa Tay
Thug Lordz

There are other good rappers. Tupac is undoubtly the GREATEST rapper of all time. A REAL legend.

I don't claim to be "the all knowing" about rap. In fact, I don't know much about rap. But I do love very greatly the music, and myself rap. That's all there is to it. You, on the other hand, are simply trying to call me ignorant, but I don't know what you are trying to achieve with that.

Wie bitte? Ich nicht gut spechen deuche. Sorry, bad German. lol

But you still havn't told me why I am ignorant
I'm still waiting for you to tell me. I'm listening. And see, I have nothing against you. I don't even know you. But you don't know me yet you seem to have something against me. I missed the part where I "made" you have something against me. But I guess all people have their thoughts. And I, unlike you, have respect for your opinions. Yet I still havn't heard from you what am I doing bad or ignorant, havn't told me who I am pretending to be, etc.

And about me using those words, I "can" use them. That's why I use them
I can say what I want, use whatever words I want, spell them in any way I want. There is a time and place for everything. I came home tired from work, where I used perfect English and grammar. Now I sit down on the computer and Instand message, call, and email and don't always use real English/Russian, but rather slang. I like it, I like to use it, and its just something I'm accustomed to. But I can probably use better English then you when neccessary.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I may not know alot about rap, but I don't know "nothing" abour rap. Besides, Tupac is better then all the artists you mentioned. But I'll check out some songs from each of the artists you mentioned when I have time.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
tech-nine is awesome

and i dont care what anyone says he's roxor

same as luni caleone.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Ahhh one word. Hilltop Hoods.

Damn that's two words.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Tupac is a little biatch. Biggie Smalls was the illest.
Your opinions on who you think the best rappers are reflects your inexperience with hop hop. You are a newbie. I am from the states, I know underground rappers. I have gone on tour and seen many of the finest live in concert.

You are just like every 14 year old kid in the states who thinks he knows something about rap. Everything you listen to is out dated and Whack as hell.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
Tupac is a little biatch. Biggie Smalls was the illest.
Your opinions on who you think the best rappers are reflects your inexperience with hop hop. You are a newbie. I am from the states, I know underground rappers.

None of the above means you have any taste.

One of my favourite rappers was Jeru the Damaja. The stuff he did in conjunction with DJ Premier stands out the most.

"A long time ago rhyming was about having some skills, and what I tried to do is say let's bring it back to the skills and forget about the guns, take it to the skills level and then we'll see who the real men are".

Source.

[edit on 16/9/06 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
nephyx, drop the elitist crap, it makes you sound like a jerk.

also, i hope this thread never dies.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have actually named some great rappers. Your average 14yr old would probably be listening to 50 cent or Fat Joe. Not that Fifty's music is bad. He just doesn't keep real to the streets. I may not know alot about rap, but I know alot about da streets and I see da street life everyday. More people got my back then you would expect to see ride with a "puny little unrapwise 17 yr old". But that doesn't matter. My street respect, my experiences, my rising power, doesn't matter. We are here to talk about grills. And you show me your impatience by rather then starting a thread about "who knows or doesn't know about rap", you make an already outrageously off topic thread even more off topic.

And I may not have yet listened to the people you mentioned, but many people I talk to do, and most of em tell me that Tupac was the best. There is a reason why he's so loved a decade after his trajic death. I like most rap in general and will listen to everybody pretty much, but Tupac was the best.

And can you argue that the thizzlin Mac Dre sucked? Can you argue that Keak, with his unique voice sucks? Or E-40, especially his awesome new album MY GHETTO REPORT CARD? Or what about Guce and Killa Tay or Yukmouth. I have yet to meet a 14 yr old who listens to them. Yukmouth really got da Thugged out stuff. I especially liked his album MILLION DOLLAR MOUTHPIECE. Oh, another great rapper is THE GAME. Game and his music are great. Especially the song DOCUMENTARY. That is one of the most blowin songs out there.

Wow, first this thread talked about Jaws and James Bond, then about braces, then about shooting out kneecaps and anger management, lol, then about my rapping, then about me joining the army, and now about me being some sort of fake, or something, and then, without even saying why I'm fake and ignorant, the poster changed topic to start talking about my knowledge of rap. Hahahahahahahhahahahaa. This is funny!

This has got to be the most off topic thread on the history of ATS! I bet even more off topic then "chit chat threads" LOL!

[edit on 17-9-2006 by Russian soldier]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I ain't no ordinary kid from the States. I am a Russian, who currently resides in the states, for whome a special interest is rap.

Tech Nine and Luni Coleone are cool, too. So is Mistah Fab, B Legit, etc etc. I listen to everyone, and I bet I have songs and probably even know artists whome you've never listened to before.

Tupac, once again, was the realest.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yeah man, I guess you should get a grill
then you can hang out with these asian soldiers who want to be cool just like you

img67.imageshack.us...

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actuall, the Asian guy to the left is a popular Jeweler from Texas, I think, and he supplies lots of Housten rappers with jewelry. You can see him in music videos like "they don't know" by Paul Wall and Mike Jones, and "Get thrown" By Pimp C and Bun B.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join