It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grills

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is the bit i liked.

originally posted by russian soldierAs a matter of fact, NO ONE has been good enough/ fast enough to punch my face in YEARS! (ever since I was younger and peaceful and always got beat up, now that has changed )

Dude you should be fighting in Vegas for the WBC belt, you could then afford the most diamond encrusted grill ever.

originally posted by russian soldierThe fact of a fight is to NOT get punched in the face! Most of my fights are one punch knockouts, so I don't need to get concerned about fighting with a grill on.

Hahahaha man i nearly wet myself at this. I dont know who your fighting there in your Hood mate, but if all your fights are one punch knockouts then perhaps its time you stopped fighting pre-schoolers.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Some 'ghetto' kid in my school was wearing grillz today.. could barely talk.. and spit out ickyness a lot. Ohhh and I could barely hold my laughter in, nearly peed myself.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Optimus Fett, You are having way too much fun with this thread arent you? It's even influenced your location and mood...too funny.

Anyways, Russian Soldier, I have a question. Now, I am 26, I was raised in poverty and have lived in the ghetto, and I still can count every fight I have ever been in on one hand. How do you get yourself in so many fights?

I dunno. I have HELLA friends, too. I dunno. BTW, a coworker told my friend, who is actually 25% Russian, that he "hates this (bad word) Russian commumists, and that he wants them all to go to hell. My friend just told me about it. Next time I see that coworker, I'm gonna have a little talk with him. We'll see if we could to it the "peaceful" way, or the hard way, I myself try to avoid fights, but as soon as the person gets in an aggressive stance, runs at me, or attempts to throw a punch, its on.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Hahahaha man i nearly wet myself at this. I dont know who your fighting there in your Hood mate, but if all your fights are one punch knockouts then perhaps its time you stopped fighting pre-schoolers.

Are you dissing me? Or where you were raised, does everyone have to throw a million punches before someone gets a single bruise? As a matter of fact, I punch so hard that I BREAK the part of the face I hit, I punch metal walls, and am even gonna get some bricks which I'm gonna attempt to break with my fists. If you wanna see what I'm about, ask anyone who lives in my area. Or, I can just call you next time I get in a fight, and you'll be surprised WHO I actually fight. GROWN UPS (usually) are bigger then me, and in some cases, there's more then one of them. So, you can basically say that I AM the preschooler fighting a 17yr old (sarcasm). The fights often turn unfair, nobody seems to play by the rules. That's why I'm getting both a bulletproof vest and a gun.

"nuff said. I'm not gonna say anything else, cuz this website is for families, not thugs.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Are you dissing me? Or where you were raised, does everyone have to throw a million punches before someone gets a single bruise? As a matter of fact, I punch so hard that I BREAK the part of the face I hit, I punch metal walls, and am even gonna get some bricks which I'm gonna attempt to break with my fists. If you wanna see what I'm about, ask anyone who lives in my area. Or, I can just call you next time I get in a fight, and you'll be surprised WHO I actually fight. GROWN UPS (usually) are bigger then me, and in some cases, there's more then one of them. So, you can basically say that I AM the preschooler fighting a 17yr old (sarcasm). The fights often turn unfair, nobody seems to play by the rules. That's why I'm getting both a bulletproof vest and a gun.

"nuff said. I'm not gonna say anything else, cuz this website is for families, not thugs.

No mate i aint "dissing you", and where i was raised nobody, even the biggest baddest meanest SOB around couldn't walk around continually winning fights with "one punch knockout's" so that sounds like total BS to me, and guess what, no i dont think i would be surprised at who you fight. And "nobody plays by the rules," well unless your the Marquis of Queensbury then id like to know when anyone has ever fought by the rules, thats why its called streetfighting mate. I dont know who your trying to impress with this macho crap but you dont impress me. Done with this thread, have fun with your Grillz, your homies and breaking bricks!!

Mojo.

Edit spelling

Edit to add : Sorry shouldnt have even replied to this, have just read through the "the illest rap battle ever" thread and realise what im up against. My bad!!

[edit on 31/8/06 by mojo4sale]

[edit on 31/8/06 by mojo4sale]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

You have voted mojo4sale for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month

There's only so far someone can take these things. At first it was funny, but then you realize that this is an entire segment of our youth that is more focussed on their 'grillz' than the other, more important things in life.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You have voted mojo4sale for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

well said, im done with this thread.

i really cant be doing with people that talk about buying guns and bullet proof vests to wear on the 'streets', its complete garbage.

RS...WTF do you live that is so dammed dangerous you feel the need to be 'tooled up'?

That whole 'im getting a gun through my connections' is such a load of wanna be gansta dribble and it always comes from imature little boys that think a weapon makes them a man,the people that think its cool deserve to be locked up- nothing good ever comes from this.

oh and by the way? the gun capital of the world is switzerland..funny how no rappers add that to their lyrics.

www.worldnewsstand.net...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This has actually turned out to be a pretty entertaining thread.

Russian, have you posted a picture of yourself anywhere around here? I just have to get a look at who may possibly be the baddest emm effer I've ever come across. You crack me up man.

BTW, real women don't dig grillz.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
do gold diggers dig grills?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

You have voted mojo4sale for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

well said, im done with this thread.

i really cant be doing with people that talk about buying guns and bullet proof vests to wear on the 'streets', its complete garbage.

RS...WTF do you live that is so dammed dangerous you feel the need to be 'tooled up'?

That whole 'im getting a gun through my connections' is such a load of wanna be gansta dribble and it always comes from imature little boys that think a weapon makes them a man,the people that think its cool deserve to be locked up- nothing good ever comes from this.

oh and by the way? the gun capital of the world is switzerland..funny how no rappers add that to their lyrics.

www.worldnewsstand.net...

How else am I supposed to get a gun RIGHT now, if not through connections? No, I'm not getting a gun to go rob or do stupid stuff. I'm not a criminal, and I am saying it earnestly. A gun is needed for self defense, and I bet half the people who are thinking that I'm crazy just cuz I'm getting a gun themselves own a gun. And I ain't trying to kill anyone-at least OUTSIDE of actual war while in the Russian army. But stuff is getting crazier and crazier. A vest and a gun will keep me safe. Cuz not everyone is gonna just put down THEIR guns and fight with fists.

As for my KOs, you are right, someone ALWAYS EVENTUALLY gets beaten. The fact is, I ALREADY was, most of my life till I got off the chain and became a totally different person. NOW I WILL NEVER EVER LET ANYONE NO MATTER WHO beat me EVER AGAIN! I will fight to the death, but NO ONE WILL EVER AGAIN beat me up! Cuz I got beat already more then most people get in their life! And it is not only my power, but also my anger that drives me to victory. When confronted by stronger opponents, I gotta rely on my anger, skill, and not giving a crap and charging forward, fearlessly. I, like all people, can fear. But I have several times "turned off fear" when faced with tough threats. Anyway, I'm not gonna talk about anymore of this. I'm not trying to impress anyone here-you asked me and I simply answered. What did you want? So I'm just not gonna talk about "the stuff", cuz I first of all don't like to, and second of all don't want to or even feel like impressing anyone.

And by the way, don't think I get in a fight every single day, as a matter of fact its been a while since I've gotten in fights. But I'm coming to school in December so I dunno. Also, nobody's been messing with my friends lately, either. But then, there is that guy at work
I came up to him today and said "you better watch what you say about the Russians". His reply? OMFG! Here is his reply" Don't you ever run up on me like that ( I didn't. I came within AT LEAST 3 meters of him and told him in a normal voice to watch what he says. Then he said "don't you ever threaten me! (bs, I didn't threaten him) and then he started walking towards me and said "get out of my face! (this is the part where I was about to snap and beat the crap out of him. WHO WAS GETTING IN WHOS FACE!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?! ) He pretty much denied the whole thing and tried to turn the situation around to mae ME seem at fault! I feel like throwing my cellphone at the wall right now! He thinks just because he's twice as old as me that he can get away with it...........he's wrong.

I went to the breakroom and punched the table. I gotta contain it though. I don't wanna lose my job. But if he touches me, I swear that I'll beat the hell out of him. I couldn't even respond to the customers normally, I was so pist at him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I later talked to friends who work with me, and they all told me pretty much the same thing: Yeah, I hate him, too, he talks smack and denies alot. One of my friends told me he's a retard. He's definetley racist. I have heard him try to put down Russia by saying lots of stuff like "Russia would've lost WW2, etc, etc.

BTW, I'm actually a VERY nice nice person, who's easy to get along with. Why do you think I have so many friends? But I don't tolerate (unless friendly joking) dissing of my country, my Russian brothers, my friends, or physical assault or battery on me or my friends, or pretty much any innocent person. I'm just.

And if you read the majority of my posts, I like to joke around, have fun. But I guess some people wanna find out what REALLY goes on in my life. I've told about 2% of what goes on. Life is crazy, and I don't wanna talk about it. Lets just joke around and have fun like in the old days...............but however you want it, we can do it, just lets try to keep my personal life out of this. This thread has gone in an awkeward direction. I expected people to refer to Jaws from James Bond
, (yeah, I find it funny, too) but I didn't expect this to turn into a thread about asking people if they ever wanted to do a drive by or talking about fights and ghetto life.

And no, I don't think using a gun for violence is cool. I like guns and target practice, but don't like violence or war. And I ain't no wannabe. I am what I am. The only thing I have yet to become is a soldier, I need nothing else in life. No, a man doesn't make a boy a man, and I wouldn't trust kids with guns. I trust myself, cuz I'm in control of my own brain. I am buying it hopefully to never use it. The original purpose of me getting a gun is for better target practice and more practice with an actual firearm, and not a pellet gun. Plus I collect weapons. Self defense is one of the later things on my mind........I hope it never comes to that. My neighborhood is not all that dangerous either, but I hang out in many places, which though not dangerous, have their share of troublemaking. This is life.........at least for me.

I am actually a more of a positve person, though I am, like all,not perfect. I draw, cook, make comics, rap, hang with friends, help my family, prepare for Russian army, make more friends, work at a normal job, and go to a bar where they know me and don't ask for my ID
and parties. Normal stuff. I'm nothing extroardinary.

I look like this, I guess I may as well post my pic, since when my rap album comes out its gonna have a picture of me anyway...........oh well, here it goes..........

Me in my Russian uniform Link

Woah, I can't believe I'v said all this! I'm gonna go to back to "fun mode" now and just reply to threads and have fun. Reflecting on my life, etc gives me a bad feeling in my stomache.

mod edit: Cut down length of link to correct page width

Please use this in the post creation window in future to cut down the length of your link, as long url's can alter the width of the page.
Or alternatively you can use: [url=www.urlhere.com]link name here[/url]

A good walkthrough to explain in more detail is ATTN :Image Size Guidelines

[edit on 1-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by motvilje
now, why would anyone put those things on their teeth?
it just.. it looks ridiculous.

i don't get it.

If it's gold at least it won't corrode.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
corrosive tainted by sin i'm spilling blood and i cant harrrrdly contain it

sorry static-x is playing

gmorning

I had this thought, grills are like training for dentures, rly? ya?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

external image

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Rasobasi420]

mod edit:
How to resize an image (review link)

ATTN: Image Size Guidelines (review link)

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Rasobasi420

Your picture has a Mister Potato Head feel to it.

My question is how do you wash grills? Polydent?

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Russian, I heartily recommend

Theory of the Liesure Class by Thorstein Veblen.

Basically, the peripheral individuals (non-alpha males) try to enhance their standing in a group by ostentatious displays of wealth and power.

The competition is based on non-useful objects, that show how much money you can waste.

The indians of the US pacific northwest used to have a "potlatch," at which they burnt or gave away expensive possessions, and served rare foods, to show how much disposable wealth they had.

To qualify, the display has to be visually shocking/eyecatching, difficult to acquire, and easy to identify the "real mccoy" from a fake. Examples include:

-a little crown on your dashboard

-zoot suit

-car with a mercedez/BMW/cadillac hood ornament.

-pearl-handled pistol

-spinner hubcabs

-polo and Izod shirts

-expensive, recognizably scented perfume.

In the ghetto, small expensive jewelry can be given to younger siblings or "runners" who cannot yet drive a car. The jewelry can always be sold later, and so is easier to liquidate when the money runs out. Grillz, sovreign rings, neck chains, etc.

In White American suburbia, and much of Japan, "bling" takes the form of small expensive technology. The trick is being the first to acquire a cellphone, digicam, home theater system, etc.

Amongst the ruling class, the symbols are much more subtle, and difficult to acquire. Non-costume jewelry, furs, tailored suits, tailored skis, fashion originals, rare dogs, a house in a prestige location with high taxes, etc. The main difference amongst the elite is that the symbols cannot be merely purchased; they must be "chased down." You have to travel to hollywood,new york or paris and spend TIME (the most precious commodity of all) getting your ostentatious display. Usually, it must be hand made, or obviously crafted for "you" specifically.

So a "clip on, one size fits all" grills will obviously be unnacceptable. As you said, you have to get fitted for one. Same with a "gold tone" or "diamique" surface.

The sad thing is, ostentatious displays of social clout are almost always a financial burden, that takes up resources that could ACTUALLY raise the social standing of the person who spends his money that way. And, as soon as the peripheral males get the preferred item, the alpha males will select a new symbol, and the process begins again.

If you are trying to raise your status among your peers by such a display, you are practically DOOMED to failure. Most of your friends will criticize your grill, and point out how it is less expensive than better grills, etc. The sad thing is, it is a man's own FRIENDS who always critique the conspicuous consumption, and point out its shortcomings.

What they WILL do, is applaud your ATTEMPT to be cool, and encourage you to spend even more of your money on useless stuff to impress them. Of course, they will never admit they are truly impressed, because then you'd quit trying to earn their esteem. Admitting that you have "arrived" removes their power, and so you will never "arrive" in their eyes.

And these are your peers.

Veblen wrote about this stuff 80 years ago. Nothing changes, except the style and terminology.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

external image

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Rasobasi420]

mod edit:
How to resize an image (review link)

ATTN: Image Size Guidelines (review link)

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! So that is how it will look on me! Hahahahahaaahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Russian, I heartily recommend

Theory of the Liesure Class by Thorstein Veblen.

Basically, the peripheral individuals (non-alpha males) try to enhance their standing in a group by ostentatious displays of wealth and power.

The competition is based on non-useful objects, that show how much money you can waste.

The indians of the US pacific northwest used to have a "potlatch," at which they burnt or gave away expensive possessions, and served rare foods, to show how much disposable wealth they had.

To qualify, the display has to be visually shocking/eyecatching, difficult to acquire, and easy to identify the "real mccoy" from a fake. Examples include:

-a little crown on your dashboard

-zoot suit

-car with a mercedez/BMW/cadillac hood ornament.

-pearl-handled pistol

-spinner hubcabs

-polo and Izod shirts

-expensive, recognizably scented perfume.

In the ghetto, small expensive jewelry can be given to younger siblings or "runners" who cannot yet drive a car. The jewelry can always be sold later, and so is easier to liquidate when the money runs out. Grillz, sovreign rings, neck chains, etc.

In White American suburbia, and much of Japan, "bling" takes the form of small expensive technology. The trick is being the first to acquire a cellphone, digicam, home theater system, etc.

Amongst the ruling class, the symbols are much more subtle, and difficult to acquire. Non-costume jewelry, furs, tailored suits, tailored skis, fashion originals, rare dogs, a house in a prestige location with high taxes, etc. The main difference amongst the elite is that the symbols cannot be merely purchased; they must be "chased down." You have to travel to hollywood,new york or paris and spend TIME (the most precious commodity of all) getting your ostentatious display. Usually, it must be hand made, or obviously crafted for "you" specifically.

So a "clip on, one size fits all" grills will obviously be unnacceptable. As you said, you have to get fitted for one. Same with a "gold tone" or "diamique" surface.

The sad thing is, ostentatious displays of social clout are almost always a financial burden, that takes up resources that could ACTUALLY raise the social standing of the person who spends his money that way. And, as soon as the peripheral males get the preferred item, the alpha males will select a new symbol, and the process begins again.

If you are trying to raise your status among your peers by such a display, you are practically DOOMED to failure. Most of your friends will criticize your grill, and point out how it is less expensive than better grills, etc. The sad thing is, it is a man's own FRIENDS who always critique the conspicuous consumption, and point out its shortcomings.

What they WILL do, is applaud your ATTEMPT to be cool, and encourage you to spend even more of your money on useless stuff to impress them. Of course, they will never admit they are truly impressed, because then you'd quit trying to earn their esteem. Admitting that you have "arrived" removes their power, and so you will never "arrive" in their eyes.

And these are your peers.

Veblen wrote about this stuff 80 years ago. Nothing changes, except the style and terminology.

Well, I'm not getting one to raise my social status. I raise my social status by making more and more friends, helping old ones, etc. A grill has nothing to do with this. I like it. It will look pretty cool on my teeth. I'm doing it for MYSELF. I like having alot of jewelry. Besides, when I make more money, I can always add diamonds on it or even have RUSSIAN SOLDIER written on it in diamonds!.........but that will depend on how many pennies I make from my rap album

I like jewelry, and alot of my friends not only like grills, some of them even have grills, though they either have gold or silver ones. I havn't talked to ALL my friends (that will take a while
) about getting a grill, so far, none of them so far have said grills suck
Remember, a grill can be taken off anytime. And yeah, you do gotta clean your grill. Well actually, ONE friend did say that grills suck, lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Woah! DrStrangecraft, I just noticed you talking about my friends encouraging,....etc etc.

No offense, but you don't know my friends at all. Trust me man, I got a great group of friends. Otherwise, they wouldn't be friends, now would they? They don't need me to impress them, and I don't need them to impress me. We are always helping each other and always there for each other. We are a team. We are a big group.

No, I don't hang out with people who's respect of me is based on how many diamonds are on me. :shk: This are the greatest friends, for whome I AM READY to take a bullet for! But, I don't blame you for thinking that, cuz alot of people do have friends who betray them.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.brunsonjewelry.com...

Now, to finally get on topic, I would please like someone to review the website above. I see 2 grills. Which one would be better to get, the N77 for $1350, or the NS77 for $650? the N77 has diamonds, and thus more expensive, the NS77 has something called cubic Zirconias. What are those? Does anyone have advice on which one is better to get?

Before we can continue the "Jaws from James Bond " fun stuff, it would be great if someone could give me advice on which of those grills is better.

And don't worry, I'm gonna go to a Jeweler, too, and compare. And when I finally buy one, it will be GREAT!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join