It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Light or Dark?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
"God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

All I know is that when my mind's eye sees light, I am happy (Heaven), but when my mind's eye sees darkness, I am depressed (Hell).

What are your experiences? Keep in mind that I believe that a person of any race, skin color, eye color, or hair color can go to Glorious Heaven!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ersatz
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

Yeah, that's the King James version for ya. Most every translation made using more than 14 different sources (every one that I've read, but I am pretty sure I haven't read every one
) uses create calamity or disaster or something along those lines, which is in line with the Hebrew word Rah and makes more sense in the context of the statement.

([rul=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2045;&version=31;]Read Isaiah 45 to see the context[/url])

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
For those who think certain races or colors are "better" than other races, think again!!! Racism is entirely wrong and misguided!!! Always remember that "the last will be first, and the first will be last." Matthew 20:16

GOD LOVES ALL!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Let's face it and that being he is Light as Dark is the shadows and shadows are vehemently annoying. We should not doubt the Dark side by any means as one of the great components of the Dark side is inefficiency to which led up to the collapse of the seemingly invincible Soviet Union. An accute addiction to pain, laziness as propagated by hypocrisy, selfishness and greed are just a few of the not so appealing nitty-gritty traits that come with something that we simply need to avoid.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
risitar, are you racist? If so, what "races" do you oppose? If not, I am sorry for bringing up the question.

Personally, I abhor racism. There is only one race: the entire 6.5 billion human race!!!

Explain "accute addiction to pain."

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

For those who think certain races or colors are "better" than other races, think again!!! Racism is entirely wrong and misguided!!!

I think certain races are "better" than other races in a manner of generally speaking. Why do you judge racism is entirely wrong and misguided? This is only true from the perspective of an observer who easily disregards facts.

Racism is entirely wrong and misguided only when you disregard the facts presented by the statistical data of the Olympics.

Statistically speaking i can see the results of the worlds best in competing in physical matches. I can see what races have not won gold medals in certain events while certain races have dominated in certain events.

For me to agree with you that it is "entirely wrong and misguided" to see certain races as being gifted with certain attributes, would require me to ignore facts.

what do you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, do you believe there is an Infinite and Perfect definition of race? In HEAVEN, I see only one race, that is Souls of GOD. On Earth, I see only one race, that is 6.5 billion people.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
.....wtf Tech. If you're trying to tell us the platypus is God's way of saying we are all one, then I strongly disagree with you. We define race as our ethnical background. Racism is disliking one race more than others. Thats it. Whether someone wants to admit it or not, everyone is racist in some form or another.

Anyway...rather than say God is light or God is darkness, I'll say God is both. Just makes more sense to me that way.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Akraites, I disagree with you. Our Soul teaches us to never be racist as this is a hateful and petty human concern. Our Soul is greater than our physical human self and to find Our Soul is to find God. Racism is not in God's vocabulary and never will be!!! God created Light and Darkness and LOVES US ALL!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
GOD TOLD ME THAT ITS OK TO LIKE OR PREFER PEOPLE WHO ARE SIMILAR TO YOU MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO ARE DIFFERENT. ITS IN HUMAN NATURE. IF YOU READ THE BIBLE BACKWARDS THATS WHAT IT TELLS YOU.

True story. It's great that God is superman and a hippy, but I'm not. We're allowed to be imperfect.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Esoteric Teacher, do you believe there is an Infinite and Perfect definition of race? In HEAVEN, I see only one race, that is Souls of GOD. On Earth, I see only one race, that is 6.5 billion people.

Then, your faith blinds you. Your faith hides the truth from you. Your faith steals facts from you.

Your perception does not allow you to see the facts that certain races have not won medals when competing in the Olympics for over 60 years, and in some events, even longer.

You think you know God's will to a degree it requires you to no longer observe truth?

Either that or your God told you not to pay attention to the details of what transpires on Earth.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What you are suggesting is presumptuous. The wording of your question says that there are only two choices: Either God is dark or he is light, when in fact he contains both.

If God is light, and nothing can exist apart from God, then the light must always exist. However, no light is impossible, because then it means an absence of God.

Therefore, complete darkness cannot exist. Partial darkness can exist, because this is just an absence of the total light. It works the same way in shadows, where it isn't completely black where you cannot see anything, but some light enters so that it is dark but not absent of light. Even the darkest thing still has an infinitely small amount of light in it, but for all observations it appears dark.

This is symbolic for good and evil in the world. Good means light and bad means dark. God created both but there is no such thing as total evil, because it would destroy itself and nullify the creation. Therefore God is light but all darkness has some light in it, and is relative to the observer.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have covered this extensively in my thread about Observation in the Paranormal Thread Observation

in a nutshell, they are all US... Although the one true father is Quanta, his descriptions in all texts are the same as our description of Quanta (or pure energy)

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
I have covered this extensively in my thread about Observation in the Paranormal Thread Observation

in a nutshell, they are all US... Although the one true father is Quanta, his descriptions in all texts are the same as our description of Quanta (or pure energy)

I do not see the link in the 2 arguments,they have differences.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Originally posted by dnero6911

I do not see the link in the 2 arguments,they have differences.

All I know is that when my mind's eye sees light, I am happy (Heaven), but when my mind's eye sees darkness, I am depressed (Hell).

What are your experiences? Keep in mind that I believe that a person of any race, skin color, eye color, or hair color can go to Glorious Heaven!!!

What are you talking about you don't see the link?

I was merely explaining how the light and darkness affect us DIRECTLY

he said when he observes 'light' he is happy, and when he observes darkness he is depressed...
I was explaining how the quanta or energy or god which makes light and dark is transformed by how we observe it.... Anyone, obviously from what I've said, can make it to heaven, considering its just taking the quanta or pure energy which forms whatever you choose to observe and making it form into the quanta or pure energy or god you choose...

What is the direction question that was being asked, considering I seem to have missed it altogether?
I was giving you my experience of heaven and hell and how its formed in my life, not using altogether just dogma's but some of the 'new' science that is directly associated.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
dnero6911, do you believe that for us to have consciously seen light, we must have also consciously seen darkness? For us to have consciously seen darkness, we must have also consciously seen light?

I believe anything is possible, but it must be contained in God's Will!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

God gave us free will. That means we don't need his permission to do anything anymore, Tech. If I want to do something that God told me not to do, it's ok. He understands. After all, he is a Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The concepts of light and darkness have more to do with what we've been taught from childhood. Personally, I find comfort in the darkness. I am able to concentrate better in the darkness, I see just as well as in the light, and my cat doesn't go into hiding. If you were taught that black means ignorance or the dark is evil for most of your life, then you'd think along those lines.

God is neither light nor darkness because light and darkness as we know it is a human construct, unless we're talking about actual light and actual darkness. Then it's just a preference.

If anything, God is cerulean. Cerulean is a nice color and I think we can all agree that it isn't a color that any of us is afraid of.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
God believes that the color of your skin, hair, eyes, or other part of your body is irrelevant. He measures you by your thoughts, actions, and deeds!!! In the Afterlife, He won't ask you what was your skin, hair, eye, or other body part color. He will ask you, did you love me with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength? Did you love your neighbor?

Increase your LOVE each day!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Wow. Either you're completely fake or you were brainwashed.

If everything that makes us who we are in irrelevant, why do we have such features?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join