It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible verse questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I am interested in getting other people's(especially christians) opinions of the possible meanings of Bible verses.

This could involve any Bible verse/verses. The first one I'm going to start off with is Rev.8[1] And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

A couple of places in the Bible it refers to 1000 years being like a day to God. As I study the Bible, I wondered if this could have something to do with the above verse. If 1000 years are like 24 hours to God, then one half of an hour would be like 20.83 years to God.

So is this verse in Rev. indicating a period of time to us? It says there is silence for about half an hour. Could this verse be indicating a 20 year earthly period that is going to take place on the earth.

In Rev. chapter 6 the 4 horsemen ride. They are riding white , green, red and black horses. Several Islamic countries(Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, the UAE, Syria, Palestinian) flags, have those 4 colors in their national flags. Some other Islamic countries have 2 or 3 of those colors in their flags. Could chapter 6 be an Islamic assault on the world(gog and magog war?).

Chapter 7 talks about sealing the Jewish servants and talks about many believers coming out of tribulation.

Chapter 8 starts off with the silence for half an hour verse.

The rapture has taken place in chapter 4. Could chapter 6 be indicating a very bad war that shakes up the world(not armageddon, yet). Chapter 7 tells of many coming to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

So here's my main question, could Rev. 8:1 be indicating a 20 year period of time(after this very bad war) in which many will be saved, and then the final 7 year tribulation period begins.

Others thoughts?

[edit on 22-8-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have never heard of a green horse I believe it is pale.

The White horse in revelation 6 is the Antichrist coming on the world scene.

The Red horse is the Gog Magog war.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
I have never heard of a green horse I believe it is pale.

The White horse in revelation 6 is the Antichrist coming on the world scene.

The Red horse is the Gog Magog war.

Look up pale in a concordance, it says greenish.

I know I've heard of that also the white horse is the antichrist also, if it is is he revealed or unrevealed at that point? So still sounds like the horsemen are an Islamic thing and it's after effects.

What about the silence for half an hour?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
hi dbrandt/

Revelationis difficult for any one to decipher....

Are you wanting ''own opinion' on the subject?

Well.....
Not my opinion, but I will post it anyway!

Revelation Verse...

So here's my main question, could Rev. 8:1 be indicating a 20 year period of time(after this very bad war) in which many will be saved, and then the final 7 year tribulation period begins.

Others thoughts?

Let's see.....
The Final plague to come upon mankind is when the seventh seal is broken....
''there was silence in heaven for the space of half an hour'' (Apoc 8:1).

This would indicate a short period of time before the end of the world....how much time that is, who knows?

Also, in order to understand the word ''SILENCE'' we must also look at the meaning of it in the Old and New Testament.......

“When the Lamb opened the seventh seal,” the Book of Revelation declares, “there was silence in heaven for about half an hour” (Rev 8:1).
That brief moment of silence recalls the awe-filled silence to which Israel is called with the coming of the day of the Lord,
a day which promises both judgment and salvation: “Be silent, all flesh, before the Lord,” exclaims the prophet Zechariah,
“for He has roused Himself from His holy dwelling!” (Zech 2:13; cf. Isa 41:1; Zeph 1:7).

This admonition is repeated on Holy Saturday, but there its meaning is completely transformed.
Then the Church sings, “Let all mortal flesh keep silence, and in fear and trembling stand; for the King of kings and Lord of lords comes forth, to be slain, to give Himself as food to the faithful.

On Silence and Solitude

And if you want Numbers in Revelation,
Numbers in Revelation

I guess when one gives an opinion on what it written in Revelation, one has already looked at other opinions and taken note of what was said, and therefore really, it is not based on 'ones' opinion anyway!
So, since I have read a few different books on the meaning of Revelation, I also base my opinion on what the Early Fathers and Elders have given.

hope that helps,
helen

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I discovered this a couple of years ago and it blew me away, then I had forgotten it until tonigh,t when I was watching the news on North Korea and Iran.

Matthew 24:[7] For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mark 13:[8] For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

Luke 21:[10] Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
[11] And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

The "earthquakes" mentioned in these verses, I looked up in the strong's concordance. It can mean a commotion of the air. What a great description for a nuclear bomb going off and what it does to the atmosphere that causes the destruction.

The Strongs Concordance was finished in 1890, 50 plus years before the actual bomb was used. And it uses the King James words and then looks back to the original language and what meanings could be. So Revelation was written in 90 AD and had the descriptions of nuclear bombs embedded in it for all these centuries, and that they would be used one day in the future.

That's amazing!!

[edit on 17-10-2006 by dbrandt]

join