It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles a farse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Check this site out:
Circle Makers
I watched a video that told me about this and also that several men came out and confessed that many of the crop circles seen they had created using only chain and boards.

This shows how guys can make crop circles using simple objects.

Maybe there are some that cannot be explained, but another argument against them is that ancient indians made that appear very similar from the air but were only but were only made as part of a ritual.

This may seem like an argument that is poorly informed, but for better info check out "Aliens, UFO's and the Bible DVD by Gary Bates", an hour long lecture that rattled my belief in the extra-terrestrial and paranormal.

DVD

It prsents a very convincing argument.

Check it out (or not) and get back to me with your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have seen many pictures of crop circles that could have easily been done by men with boards. However, I have seen pictures of certain crop circles that look so intricate and perfect that I do not see how any group of men could pull it off overnight. I don't know, but if I had to guess I would say cropcircles are 75% man-made hoaxes, and 25% are of some other origin...

I am interested in seeing what the all-knowing Alien communicators of this board have to say about Crop Circles since they have "first-hand knowledge."

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Diplomat]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
was talking to an indian friend of mine and he introduced me to an amazing art. This according to him, is a continuos flow of a line which never ends. I bet the ancients in this part of world had some incredible understanding of symmetry. Some of them resembled crop circles.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It's an interesting subject for sure.

I think there is quite a bit of hoaxing, which has been publisized a lot lately. However we had a formation in MD many years ago that I went to and helped collect samples for BLT research. It was not a circle, but rather a "grapeshot" looking area, where it looked like something had impacted and spattered, but it was very large.

I can say for sure, that I dont see anyone making such a thing by hand. If you lifted the top layer of bent over rye, the underneath was going the opposite direction. Under that, again, another direction. Like woven.

The stalks were fused over at angle. All of them. The same angle. I used to have samples on my office wall, with about 9 samples, all fused at the same exact angle, with a couple of the node areas brown and blown out.

It's an interesting subject, but another one full of fakers and huge wastes of time. A shame that it is.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sure there are hoaxes. But, there are many of the crop circles that don't explain away so easily. I for one am extremely interested in the origins. Alas, there are no crop circles near where I live, and I am not able to simply get in the car and run up to where the current circle has made itself evident. I still am holding out for some sort of explanation that truly makes sense, and covers all the bases.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
In 2002 we had Crop Circles close to where I live, just a few minutes drive away. There were two maize formations in fields on either side of a highway, they were like a key shape.

I never saw them myself, I only saw an article in the paper about it, that was published later. The article mentioned that they occured around the time Mel Gibson's Signs (a movie about Crop Circles) played in the theatre, located near the formations.

Speaking of which, we went to that movie. I think at about 3/4 way into the film, there was a scene were Gibson and family hide in the cellar. The alien is in the house the movie is climaxing to finally reveal the alien. Suddenly, i think Mel, bangs his head on the light bulb that is suspended from the ceiling. the bulb smashes and it gets very dark in the cellar.

It is pitch black, and you can hear them scrambling and talking and acting out this scene in the movie. i am thinking this is so good how the film is doing this, great directing, so convincing of them being in the dark. It was quite eerie. Usually in a movie when it is dark you can still make out shapes of people and see what is going on. But it goes on too long, and I now think ok, enough already I want to see the alien and see what is happening ! Then the theatre guy comes out and all the lights come on in the theatre, and he is apologizing, for losing the picture because the bulb blew in the projector or something. The film resumes and everyone yells "rewind" but they wouldn't and gave out free passes instead. It was so very strange that as the bulb smasked in the film to make the cellar scene dark, the movie did this for real at that exact moment, and none of us got to see this alien. About ten minutes of film, the main part was lost.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by violet]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Not sure as yet. Amazing things can be done in the dark fields at night through Human thought and hand..just not sure all documented crop circle dilemmas can be oh-so-falsified. Collin Andrews might be the man to answer.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic indeed... I have done little research into Crop circles thus far. I did briefly look at the circlemakers.org website and found it to be quite interesting.

I think the website itself is very good proof that the majority of them are hoaxes (great art though!)

I would make a couple of points however:

1) Any organization/govt that had an interest in covering something up would use mis/disinformation. In other words, they might promote such hoaxes etc.

2) Making these designs in one night would require the entire night and multiple people. Do these people have regular jobs or are they just rich artists with lot's of spare time? How much (advertising) money is GM really going to put into crop circles?

3) IF some of these circles are made by ET's.... why? Surely beings on such a level of consciousness could think of better ways to communicate with us?

4) IF some of these circles are made by ET's.... it could be explained by the same explainations of the movement of their ships. Some sort of repulsive force field. Of course this would mean that the govt knows if they are fake or not. The "simple tools" used by circle makers would not have the same effect on grass/crops/whatever as a repulsive force field pushing on every cell of the grass/crops/whatever. Without a doubt, a true expert would be able to make this distinction.

-Cheers everyone

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by x daedalus x
Check this site out:
Circle Makers

The whole crop circle phenom reminds me of an incident I witnessed while in kindergarten. My mother used to help out with class projects and I saw her one day in the kitchen cutting out big foot-shapes from construction paper. I didn't think anything of it until I went into school the next day and there were "footprints" running all up the wall. All the kids were amazed and we (and the teacher) spent the better part of the day theorizing about the creature that might've left them behind. I swear there were some kids who never did figure out that there was no creature.

Now, I ask you all: Knowing that this *particular* case was a fake, would you go around arguing that "sure, most paper footprint marks left on classroom walls are fake, but they can't ALL be fake - after all, some of them we can't figure out how someone would've had time to do it, or the necessary cutting skills, or a tall enough ladder, blah blah blah, and we should all keep an open mind..."

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I also think it's about 75%-25%. Who knows, maybe aliens see the crop circles made by man and think we are trying to communicate so they in turn do the same. Just a wacky thought.

The funny thing is that I just recently thought about the spinning motion some UFO's are said to do and it seems to corrispond to those winding circular crop circles. I can picture them hovering a foot or 2 off the ground and the spinning motion combined with some sort of force or pressure causing the stalks to wind and lay down in a perfect pinwheel pattern.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The funny thing is that I just recently thought about the spinning motion some UFO's are said to do and it seems to corrispond to those winding circular crop circles. I can picture them hovering a foot or 2 off the ground and the spinning motion combined with some sort of force or pressure causing the stalks to wind and lay down in a perfect pinwheel pattern.

I'm not sure this is the case. I have read about UFOs spinning. I'm not entirely sure if it's the entire craft spinning or a portion (bladed parts I've read towards the center).

The point being that we shouldn't get away from the basic laws of physics. Whether you use a force field or a jet engine, the same basic principles apply. Apply force in one direction to move the object in the opposite direction. There is no need for a "spinning" as it relates to the UFOs being vectored along trajectories.

However, a need for spinning may arise as a necessity for the "powerplant" which generates the force field.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There are hoaxes. The real crop circles are meant for those of us who can understand. If you want to understand crop cirlces i'd suggest you take 5 years of physics, advanced maths, biology, and chemistry... along with a few linguistics and lanugage code breaking courses.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Do you claim to understand true crop circles?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by x daedalus x
Check this site out:
Circle Makers
I watched a video that told me about this and also that several men came out and confessed that many of the crop circles seen they had created using only chain and boards.

This shows how guys can make crop circles using simple objects.

Maybe there are some that cannot be explained, but another argument against them is that ancient indians made that appear very similar from the air but were only but were only made as part of a ritual.

This may seem like an argument that is poorly informed, but for better info check out "Aliens, UFO's and the Bible DVD by Gary Bates", an hour long lecture that rattled my belief in the extra-terrestrial and paranormal.

DVD

Well the interesting thing is that people do make crop circles, but some are still made by extraterrestrials. And some extraterrestrials do disquise themselves as human beings, very very well...

In fact it is hard to say that the extraterrestrials don't simply make the crop circles in the disquise of human beings, since it would insure a much easier operation.

But then again that is unlikely. And yes the bible does make many references to extraterrestrials.

Does anyone yet realize that Abraham came from Ur which was a Sumerian city.

In fact, in a military prospective the Hebrews resemble quite well the Akkadian people that conquered Sumer. Could the Hebrews and Abraham therefore be the Semetic Akkadians?

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Timeseer]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgoodpasture
... along with a few linguistics and lanugage code breaking courses.

My language code breaking experience tells me that maybe you meant "language"...

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
~~

quite by accident i ran across this item which is or is related to Crop Circles

recent activity up at Halbert Farms, in Barry County, Michigan was documented by a TV station.
Acres of a crop called sorghum was 'flattened' over night...

story & 2 pics here: www.woodtv.com...

video link: video.woodtv.com...
(but maybe you can only link it thru the story link??...i donno)

~~~~~~~~

although 'crop circles' are actually real formations,'we' just can't be certain how they're made...

but i'll guess that this flattening of sorghum fields in various directions,
is a result of a micro-burst that must have accompanied that reported rain the night before. (google up or wiki up to see what i'm saying)

just some more info. so you can decide if crop formations are a farse or not....

but, if i stretch my imagination, perhaps this formation, is a representation of the coastline and a 'land-bridge' somewhere on the planet.............
which might have some connection to an ancient Atlantis site?
i can faintly recognize what may be the Yucatan & the 'land-bridge' extends to maybe Cuba?
are extraterrestial or other dimension travelers who are interested in archeology leaving clues/messages to anyone astute enough to decipher the communication??

bye

[edit on 8-9-2006 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

join