It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Government Outlaws Islam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So the Government outlaws ISLAM? What due you do?

Here is a series of questions for all of the members here,

What if the American Government outlaws ISLAM?

What would you do to support your country?

Would you take up arms and turn in your neighbors for being Islamic?

Would You support Interment Camps?

Would you go on the HUNT for Islamics?

OR

Would you Take up Arms against your government?

Would you hide your neighbors from the government? Like in WWII?

Would you protest for the release of the prisoners?

These are serious questions to ask yourself and your family

mod edit: corrected misleading title with "what if the..."

[edit on 8/22/2006 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Is this an admission that the US is now a dictatorship? It sure looks that way.

Here's a better question.

What makes you think that such a law could even pass in Congress?

Some days I think such a law would actually have a chance, not without protests (me included) and much propaganda (you know who), but I actually do think it could pass. Weird huh?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
As much as Im sure some people would welcome such an idea in the USA. I doubt this will ever happen.

MMP

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
While things are out of hand here in the US I doubt something like that would pass. However, if it did I would protest and hide my neighbors.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.......... First Amendment, U.S. Constitution.

Ok, so how is the government going to do this?????
They can't.....smooth post slick.

If they did, they could do it to any religion and you might as well shred the Constitution. When they get rid of the 1st amendment many would say that it would be time to enact the 2nd amendment.

Don't get me wrong, we are in a "holy" war with Radical Islam...thats how they see it, so that's what it is. Further more Islam can pretty much not coexist with Western Judeo/Christian culture, or secular liberalism (whatever the West is, take your pick, a little of both actually I would suppose). But you can't outlaw a relgion or set of thoughts (as much as many have tried in the past, the communists were especially big on that).

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Sr Wing Commander]

MMP

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sr Wing Commander
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.......... First Amendment, U.S. Constitution.

Where have you been? Have you not heard anything about the the "sneak and peek" controversy that's going on? They don't even need a warrant in the name of terrorism which is direct conflict with:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

That's the 4th amendment of the Bill of Rights. If the 4th can be nerfed so can the 1st. Smooth post slick.

[edit on 8/22/2006 by MMP]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP

Where have you been? Have you not heard anything about the the "sneak and peek" controversy that's going on? They don't even need a warrant in the name of terrorism

Court says they do. The decision is being appealed, but I doubt the appeal will succeed. That's what the courts are there for. And that's how to invalidate a law banning Islam, should any such travesty pass Congress.

Only question is, how much damage would be done before the law was struck down?

Luckily, with Bush's approval ratings down somewhere near the center of the earth, the support for hard-line endless-war acts of Congress is declining as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The only way Islam could be illegalized is by a Constitutional Amendment that modified the First Amendment. That will never (and should never) happen.

But, I think keeping an eye on radicalized mosques and imams as well as profiling in secure areas such as airports, subways, etc. is not unconstitutional and at the current time would probably be good policy.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sr Wing CommanderFurther more Islam can pretty much not coexist with Western Judeo/Christian culture, or secular liberalism (whatever the West is, take your pick, a little of both actually I would suppose).

Tell that to the 10 million muslims leaving peacefully in the US or the other millions upon millions living peacefully in other western cultures...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If the US banned Islam, I can assure you that such an action will create many enemies of the state, Muslim and non-Muslim alike.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The people of Japanese and Other Asain races were put in Internment Camps after Dec 7, 1941.

How much time did it take to put that into effect. Not much,

I would gather that if Islam is Outlawed under the Patriot Act. The people from India, Pakistan, Asian Muslims etc. would be the subject of the new internment camps.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Putting ethical matters aside Interment Camps arent a viable option. Given that the war against radical extremists of any variety will last generations it isnt practical to keep a religious group of people behind the wire.

And besides if you head down that road you have to throw Christians behind the wire as well after all a minorty of Christians also endanger my freedoms.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If Congress did, it would make America even more illiberal than Israel. Israel might be a segregated (and frequently remarkably racist) society but I don’t think they’ve done that yet.
However given scenes like the prophet Mohammed drawings mayhem, the flag burning scenes you get every now and again, and of course the fact that almost all suicide bombers claim to be Muslim; well I reckon this law could (at some future date) have a chance.

Providing the war on terrorism can be openly defined as a war against religion as opposed to acts of violence against fanatical individuals; then I see no problem with its legal progress. The way to do by-passing the constitution would probably be to demand that all Muslims denounce certain sections of the Koran which whilst not supporting terrorism do support people dying for their religion (I'm sure how defensive or offensive the context has to be, I believe it applies to both contexts equally).

If you did that then many Muslims who had never supported terrorism before would be finding themselves choosing between believing in the original Korean; or the United States Modified Addition. It would be completely unfair as we too use religion in war (who doesn’t like to think that good soldiers dying here and everywhere won’t go to heaven? Especially if they “died serving their country”!!!)

Personally I will always support people providing they don’t support acts of violence against others; as long as that argument holds true I’ll be on their side.

And who knows maybe many more people would find more sympathy with Muslims if they saw their struggle; or at the very least the fact it was now against religion (or more specifically those anti Israelis who can be found following a particular religion) (make no mistake that’s what it would really be about, political as well as religious suppression, with violence being used as an excuse both for that and of course the violence of any new law).

Hopefully American’s will stay away from that sort of society; on the other say within ten years from now the United States has attacked Iran, and Iran has retaliated with Anthrax against the Holy Sand, I wouldn’t be surprised if America is once again filled with pro Israeli migrants; once again changing the countries political demographics.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think here in the US Islam could not be outlawed, but I think if you look at the difenitions, a nation could outlaw Islamic Fundamentalists.

In a whole Islam is not the problem, it's the nut jobs in religion who take their views of a religion to heart and then put a personal spin to influence others to see things their way.

All religions on earth have "Fundamentalists" who want the world to see their religion their way and no other way.

Remember "Waco" Texas, remember "Jim Jones" down in South America, remember "Heavans Gate" all religious fundamentalists, some are violent, most are not.

I think our country could outlaw Religious Fundamentalists, but not religion of a certain sect.

first define religion

re·li·gion [ ri líjjən ] (plural re·li·gions)

noun

Definition:

1. beliefs and worship: people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life

2. system: an institutionalized or personal system of beliefs and practices relating to the divine

3. personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by

4. obsession: an object, practice, cause, or activity that somebody is completely devoted to or obsessed by
The danger is that you start to make fitness a religion.

encarta.msn.com...

Second Define Islam

Is·lam [ iss lm, iz lm, íz lm, íss lm ]

noun

Definition:

1. Muslim religion: a monotheistic religion based on the word of God as revealed to Muhammad during the 7th century

2. Muslim world: Muslim people, their culture, or their countries considered collectively

[Early 17th century. < Arabic islām "submission (to God)" < base of aslāma "he surrendered"]

s·lam·ic [ iss lmik, iz lmik ] adjective

encarta.msn.com...

Third define Islamic Fundamentalist

rejection of the priority of universal rights and civil law upon religious group rights and religious law, and more specifically
rejection of the equality of men and women (i.e. they are unequal in specific aspects like how they think and act but are still equal overall)
rejection of the separation of "church" and state;
rejection of some religious rights, such as the right of Muslims to leave the religion, while the right to be a non-Muslim in Muslim lands is still allowed.
As a result of this sharp conflict, many doubt whether.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP

Where have you been? Have you not heard anything about the the "sneak and peek" controversy that's going on? They don't even need a warrant in the name of terrorism which is direct conflict with:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

That's the 4th amendment of the Bill of Rights. If the 4th can be nerfed so can the 1st. Smooth post slick.

[edit on 8/22/2006 by MMP]

In the late 1800's and later in the 1900's there were a series of Supreme Court cases that established "clear and present danger" clauses to be applied to the 4th. As I am sure you know Supreme Court opinions generally establish president for interpretation of various events. Post 9/11 with 2 wars going on would allow for "clear and present danger". Personally, while I am not big on everything in the patriot act, I think most of it falls under said clauses (not to mention congressional oversight). I am surprised the Federal District judge recently ruled againstit.

Or perhaps you like the idea of a 20kiloton IND going off in your hometown?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
US government outlawing a particular religion? Nope, not going to happen.

If American Christian Fundamentalists haven't figured out a way to have the politicians outlaw the practice of Satanism, Wicca, etc, then there's not way Islam is going to get axed.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
...and violate the single most important clause in the Constitution? Nope. No politician is so suicidal as that...they'd sooner drink drano.

The social upheaval would be amazing...geeze. Because the first thought most would have would be who's next...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Interesting news since I questioned if a country or the US would ever ban Islam back in 2006 - 9 years ago.

French Mayor: “We Must Ban the Muslim Faith in France” –

republicbuzz.com...

French Mayor Pushes for New Law to Ban Islam: �We must ban the Muslim faith in France.�
Tea Party ^ | 5/16/2015 | Theodore Shoebat

Posted on ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎09‎:‎48‎ ‎PM by HomerBohn

A French mayor, Robert Chardon, is calling for governmental legislation that will ban Islam. He said in a recent statement:

We must ban the Muslim faith in France.

He also stated, “It’s the only solution for most of France’s problems,” and, “We also need a Marshall Plan to send Muslims to countries where the religion is practiced.” This man is the mayor of Venelles, a French town with a population of about 8,000 people, and he is more righteous than any of the politicians in Paris. It is amazing how small town people have a better understanding of how to deal with evil than do metropolitan people. Chardon also said (and this is what makes his statements even better):

The Republic should promotes the practice of the Christian faith.

This makes Mr. Chardon superior to those secular conservatives who just say, “Ban Islam, but allow homosexuality,” and all of the other drivel that they say.

I believe, at times that the French can get falsely accused of ultra-liberalism. In many ways, they can be more radically Christian than people in the US. Unlike the “freedom of religion” crowd in America, they put a ban on the hijab, and the society in France is so proud of its culture that the environment it produces compels everyone to speak the language of the land. But most of all, let us not forget that France was the first country — and probably the most active nation — to participate in the beautiful Crusades against Islam. They were not secular wars, but Christian wars. We should not doubt that remnants of the Crusader spirit are flowing through the blood of the French people. Fads come and go, but the ideas of eternal beauty live on. Trends are manufactured, and they shrivel up and perish before the shining sun of eternal idea.

Freedom of religion, or the opinion of “doing whatever you want and believing whatever you want” are transient in the presence of timeless truth. To die unto the self, to fight for lands destined by Heaven, to fight for the advancement of eternal love — that is, the Holy Cross — these are ideas that surpass the temporary and the temporal, they surpass the carnal impulses and transcend the obsessions of the flesh, and move the heart to a timeless love, emanating from that which is spaceless and boundless, free from the ego, free from selfish desires, free from Satan, and bringing us to the holy ark to sail away from the capricious waves of human fascination and into the realm of selfless compassion upon the lofty Mount Ararat, where the dove brings the olive branch of peace. This is the true peace, “not as the world gives do I give to you.” (John 14:27)

Peace from the wiles of the devil, peace from the works of Satan which Christ came to destroy. If the society is truly going to have peace, then it must be a Christian society. Not one where sodomites dictate laws, where they crash planes (like what happened to the Germanwings plane) and derail trains (as what just took place with the Amtrak train), or where Muslims hijack planes and crash them into buildings. A society where goodness is given liberty to be done, and where evil is given no license. The state is to “punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good.” (1 Peter 2:14) But now, the states of the Western world are pursuing the opposite of this.

I remember when I was in Spain I saw a beautiful statue in the middle of a plaza in Madrid, showing a great Spanish warrior of the Reconquista (the longest war in Christian history, lasting almost 800 years), stepping on the head of Muslim Ghazi (Arabic word for a warrior of Islam). I was in absolute awe of the photo and had to take a picture of it:

I love the beautiful illustration it illuminates of Christian supremacy and empire. Spain — the terra sancta of Europe, and the flower of Christendom. That this statue, alongside a whole array of statues of Reconquista warriors and Conquistadors, still stand tall with all conspicuous pride in modern Spain, tells us something quite profound: Underneath all of the debris of modernism, the Spirit of Christian Militancy still stands; behind all of the ruins of an almost forgotten history, the heart of Christendom is still beating in a body that only needs to be awakened, so that the holy blood of sacred land — destined by mighty Heaven and consecrated by the Cross — may flow with all zeal and tenacity. I believe that the body of Christendom will be reinvigorated, with the true Body of Christ rushing with all honor and love, and throwing away all transient nonsense, will defend the precepts that will live on for now and forever.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bufordny
So the Government outlaws ISLAM? What due you do?

Here is a series of questions for all of the members here,

What if the American Government outlaws ISLAM?

What would you do to support your country?

I don't quite understand what outlawing something in the USA would have to do with my country.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There seem to be a few ways available to restrict Islam in America.

Declare that the intent of the Founding Fathers when they wrote the First Amendment was not to protect Sharia Law.

Declare Islam a cult and not a relegion and using that definition, exempt Islam from First Amendment protection.

Declare Islam incompatible with the Oath of Allegiance.

Be careful what you wish for...

new topics

top topics

join