It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psycho Raccoons Terrorize State Capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is in the Medical section because the Raccoons may be rabbid,
thusly being a threat to public health and safety.

OLYMPIA, Washington (AP) -- A fierce group of raccoons has killed 10 cats, attacked a small dog and bitten at least one pet owner who had to get rabies shots, residents of Olympia say.
Some have taken to carrying pepper spray to ward off the masked marauders and the woman who was bitten now carries an iron pipe when she goes outside at night.

"It's a new breed,'' said Tamara Keeton, who with Kari Hall started a raccoon watch after an emotional neighborhood meeting drew 40 people. "They're urban raccoons, and they're not afraid.''

Lisann Rolle said she began carrying an iron pipe when she goes outside at night after being bitten by raccoons when she tried to pull three of them off her cat Lucy. She obtained rabies shots afterward as a precaution.
"I was watching her like a hawk, but she snuck out,'' Rolle said. "Then I heard this hideous sound -- a coyote-type high pitch ... It was vicious. They were focused on ripping her apart.''

In one case five raccoons tried to carry off a small dog, which managed to survive.

SOURCE:
LiveScience.com

I have to say, even though I don't tend to think about Raccoons,
this does'nt surprise me.

After thinking about this, I really have to ask; What use to Raccoons
even have in nature?

It's sort of odd, I live North of Seattle, and the last time I saw a raccoon
was almost seven years ago, and there's alot more woodlands around
here than Olympia.

Comments, Opinions

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
dawn of the dead, Racoon stylie!

But that there is a nasty, agile strong threat, and if provoked or ill as they appear to be, i'd be going out at night with a 12 bore and buckshot.

Damn racoons make fine fine comfy soft slippers for the winter....

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Could be the work of terrorists, you never know...

I remember watching a documentry on things such as Squirells that would attack people..interesting stuff.

Luxifero

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Osama is up to his old tricks again- using racoons now.....

More terror. It just never ends, do it??

I have two out on my front porch at night that look like horses...i've never seen anything so big in my life....I better start locking up the doors.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah a terrorist attacks on the way. Osama's just testing out his raccoons at the moment. Pretty soon theyll be strapping bombs to the them and sending rabid bomb strapped raccoons all over the U.S. blowing everyone who gets in their way to pieces. Better start building yourselves some bomb shelters.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by Pirate_Pimp]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There was another thread about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Id be forced to kill raccoons if they became violent towards my pets. Otherwise, id leave them alone.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I used to live ina place were raccoons were around, they're very crafty and mischievous creatures.

new topics

top topics

join