It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's multifaceted response?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So what were the many facets of Irans response to the UN today? As far as i know the only response they gave is what their chief nuclear negotiator handed to the UN today. Where was the multi-faceted response?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hey princeofpeace,

Perhaps it is contained in that response handed to the UN...does anyone yet know the nature of it's contents?

Other than that, I don't know. I do understand that they attacked a Romanian oil rig, claiming that they were stealing Iranian oil.

Perhaps this is the start of something bigger. I wonder if Israel's assault on Hizbullah threw a wrench into any of it (until they are resupplied with arms anyway).

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"Iran said Tuesday it was ready for "serious negotiations" on its nuclear program, but a semi-official news agency said the government was unwilling to abandon nuclear enrichment"

And I think tis almost sums it up perfectly
" Iran is trying to tease the West by professing a willingness to "engage," leave them with a glimmer of hope that this engagement is actually making some progress"

As long as they look like they are making a contributional EFFORT to come to a resolution over this issue, they are creating enough 'reasonable doubt' within the minds of citizens and politicians alike that they might, actually be chasing a peaceful solution.

Ive said it before ill say it again, Irans president is one savy leader, he has ability to use western diplomacy to his advantage.

Put these two men on a live debate on TV, I know that bush would be eaten alive.

IF this was such a good package, if all iran wanted was nuclear capability they would of taken the package outright. It gave them everything they needed, and yet it solved the problem of wastage removal as well.

Sure its there godgiven right, but its also my godgiven right to walk up to a lady kill her, and take her shopping. God gave me that ability, doesnt mean its my moral RIGHT. There's rules and restrictions on having weapons with such a horrific execution, and being a country that says what it says, and has a long history of hatred for the USA and Israel, well unfortunately those rules are going to keep weapons out of your hands..

The smart thing to do, is to stop a country like IRAN having nuclear weapons.
The dumb thing is to start a major regional war over the issue.
The Impossible thing is to reason and apply politics to the issue.
The Reality is we let this problem grow to a point now where the wrong men are incharge of both our countries. Iran and the USA.

This response shows from IRAN, the world is in a new stage. Countries have the ability to publically riticule Israel and defy the USA and the UN. IF someone wants to have a crack at the ol supa' power.. they can find enough leeway and movement in the internaional arena, to prepare for a massive conflict, one in which they want to control.

Irans president is sitting back, smoking a cigar laughing.. because he knows there's nothing no one can do about it... in the near future.
its going to give him ample time to achieve what ever it is, he's trying to achieve.

thanks, to western democracy.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Bro, all i gotta say was your post was spot on!!! That pretty much sums it up.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Cheers POP,
ITs a view I think most understand, and appreciate..
but there's so much debate saying IRAN should be allowed nuclear tech, when its not the best move to put a gun, in an abusive mans hands..

Thankfully Aug22 passed with no major event.
Obvioulsy the 30th is the next significant even, when the UN demands all enrichment cease.

top topics

join