It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and ExtraTerrestrial life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Is it just me or it starts to make more sense to define/identify God as an Extra Terrestrial Intelligence/Being rather than the Creator of the universe and blah blah blah ?

We are Gods in the eyes of a Dog (metaphorically speaking). We do have some abilitties that they don't have.

So, imagine this super advanced creature, so advanced that their basic abilities have been considered God-like for centuries.... Why just not considered it an alien spiecie, rather than a God ?

I mean, really, centuries ago it would be impossible to think this way, but if we approach things this way - 21st century way - we MIGHT better understand religion from a scientific point of view.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by DrExtravaganza]

Toc

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
God is God. You don't need a religion to define god BTW.

ETs are beings like us but more advanced in many ways, including Spirituality. They are born, evolve and die like we do. Probably with a longer lifespan, but upon death they will join God once more.

Well this is my explaination of things

There is really not much more to this IMO.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toc
God is God. You don't need a religion to define god BTW.

ETs are beings like us but more advanced in many ways, including Spirituality. They are born, evolve and die like we do. Probably with a longer lifespan, but upon death they will join God once more.

Well this is my explaination of things

There is really not much more to this IMO.

You just can't proove what you're saying. but i do understand your point.

let me put it this way: a lot of people think of god as ultra powerfull being. what i'm saying is that such beings SHOULD not been seen as Gods, but as Aliens.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think the difference would be God is understood to be an omnipotent supreme being,whereas aliens are a race of beings who are different to us.
Just a a thought.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
See my other posts and the links there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Any attempt to equate God to ET is in the spirit of AntiChrist. And I am not saying there aren't ET's, but if there are God would have created them as well as us, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
As an atheist, I believe in no God. If there was a "higher" power that did exist during all the main religious shiznat of our ages, then I am open to the belief of extra-terrestrial intelligence influencing it. It provides a sufficient answer for how civilizations all around the world, seem to have many many similiarities, and describe the "Gods" as coming from the heavens (sky), with still being in the realms of possibility.

I'm not a believer, although I am open to it, and I certainly feel that it is plausible.

new topics

top topics

join