It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruby ridge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
hey hey i dont know what thread to put this on but yesterday was the anniversary of the assault on ruby ridge, i was just wandering what you guyz thought of this horrendous over the top and above the law assault

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think it was absolutely horrific.
The incident was a precurser to the reality of dictatorship that we are beginning to experience more and more every day.
It is so sad that you can be killed when your biggest crime is that you choose to live your own life away from the rat race.

I understand that his world was infilterated by "the enemy" for 5 years before he committed a crime that would bring the law enforcement gorrillas on his property resulting in the massacre of his family.

You know most people I have mentioned this incident to have never even heard of Randy Weaver and his family or the Freeman in Idaho.

Sad, very sad. And very prophetic.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
wow me too i was at work and just a couple heard of it. can you believe his original crime(selling sawed off shotguns) they where only 3/8 of an inch under the legal limit

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
oh and not being an imforment for the FBI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The idea that they could actually take aim and fire at a women holding her baby is so over the top.

And once again, what happened? We sat in our little lives and did nothing. We always do nothing. We are sad to allow our liberty to be stolen from us, one day at a time. The liberty to be different is long gone and what is left is going quickly still.

I feel a little guilty just thinking of how hopeless we as a society really are. We should have stepped up to the plate a long time ago. But we won't until they are ramming our front doors with their riot gear, or so it appears.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
if you want to own land protect it homeschool your kids and not harm anyone keep to yourself, and live your life out , isnt that the freedom that we as americans speek of????/

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well, yeah, back in the good ole days.
Today we wait for the signal to get out of our denial and come back to life. I am not THAT old, yet sometimes I feel only half alive.
Without belief in a future that holds promise for our kids and ourselves something is definitely missing, isn't it?

I think the psychological/mind war has been so subtle and effective over the last 50 years that we have been left seriously damaged!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oncewascool
hey hey i dont know what thread to put this on but yesterday was the anniversary of the assault on ruby ridge, i was just wandering what you guyz thought of this horrendous over the top and above the law assault

The proper way to begin a thread is to provide some background and some links and try your best to organize your thoughts in some kind of meaningful presentation. Social Issues is replete with fine examples to follow.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... ok theres one sorry im new to this and mostly i read but i wanted to post on this

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
www.nakedpresident.com... heres a pic of the force

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have met Randy Weaver. I think what happened to him and his family is deplorable and someone should have answered for it.

I find it hard to believe that a trained sniper could not see that was his wife standing at the door with a baby in her arms. To me this was an event of firing at anything that moved. And there is absolutely no excuse for shooting his 13 year old son in the back. When someone's back is to you, they pose no threat. To me that is murder, plain and simple.

God forbid if anyone tries to be different from the rest and try to live a life that certain authorities do not approve of or find it a potential threat.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
wow you met randy, where like at a book convention or what?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Yeah, that was one scary, horrid incident. The message that was sent by the govt was that if they could shoot an innocent mother holding her baby, then they'd shoot anyone, no limits to what they would do. Our govt keeps losing its compassion more and more. I'm glad you reminded us of this anniversary, it's important to pause and reflect on this poor family's fate.

There was a really terrific movie about it with Randy Quaid and Laura Dern. It was on Lifetime channel a couple years ago and had a name like "Shootout at Ruby Ridge" or some such.

top topics

join