It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarriest thing ever, Please help!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
DVD500 and Dock6 seem to have hit the mark.

This sounds exactly like Old Hag Syndrome to me.

Ghostvillage.com

About.com Paranormal Experiences: The 'Old Hag' Syndrome

Old Hag Syndrome, aka Sleep Paralysis

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilDerby
DVD500 and Dock6 seem to have hit the mark.

This sounds exactly like Old Hag Syndrome to me.

Old hag syndrome IS sleep paralysis…..
It is not a separate thing, they are the same...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Thanks for those links. It really does sound like it was SP. I wonder why all of the people who say that they have had this happen always describe seeing something darker than the darkness around it. That they can make out a shape of something standing. 2 weird things: 1- Why do people always tend to get the same kind of SP? 2- How come mine was so different? I never saw anything. I heard a wind like noise that was litterly deafening. And the presence in my SP spoke. Has anyone had similar discrepencies in there SP episodes?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I suffered from sleep paralysis very often and noticed two things:

- It usually happens when I had lack of sleep
- Im getting sleepy on the day time or in a room which is too bright

I experience the sensation that i cannot move... then panics takes over i find myself moving my eyes in search of something ....(old hag, alien, shadow..fill in the blank)

then my brother mentioned Lucid dreaming (come to the realization that you are sleep)
since then everytime I experience this I tell myself this is a dream and take control...and tell my self "wake up" you are dreaming...then I tell myself to open my eyelids (eventhough i think they are open to begin with...)

It has worked so far......I still get it and i know when im about to get it because i know im tired and haven't slept much......

Hope this helps , other wise if you are a religious person I sugest embracing into your beliefs and get religious advise.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hi there, gosh I feel so bad for you. I know exactly what that thing was. You see the same thing happened to me yes, BUT...I saw it in an OBE. (Out of Body Experiece) When I went to sleep I thought this was a dream, what happened was I was standing in a dark road and I saw my sister in the distance, but it was very far away. Then my sister shapeshifted into this grim reaper type of thing, except that it didn't have a sylo, whatever you call that hook weapon. I noticed that it wasn't my sister after all but that the thing was digusing itself as her. So then I see that it has red illuminated eyes. yes this creature was dressed in a dark hooded cape. He also had fowl fingers and a set of jagged teeth as I remember. Ok now listen carefully...

So suddenly as i was looking at this..thing. It fast-fowarded itself very fast to make himself come right infront of me. He was about 30 ft away you know what I mean? But then all of sudden he was abou 5 inches away from my face. He then grabbed my arm, bent over and hisssed into my left ear. This was when I woke up , but I was paraylized. I couldn't move, and I heard this whooshing sound in my ear just as the thing was hissing into it in my dream. So I woke up from it but was paraylized you know? So this paraylization lasted for like 3 seconds, it was very scary I couldn't even breath or anything for a few seconds, but then i did... And I never felt so scared in my life.

Tell me when you touched this thing did his face feel fleshy and dry, as well as cold? Also, did you get the chills? Your heart rate went up obviously.

So.. anyways, the next night I saw this thing again. But this time I faced my fears and when it hissed at me, I hissed back at it and slowly and backed away and dissappeared.

So what happened to you was.. Your body was astral projecting, but you weren't really that protected so the demon or reaper thing came down through the viel since you were open, and that's when it materialzed itself. Ok now this is very important, make sure that if you ever see this thing again, confont it. I know it's scary, but if you confront it and face your fears that will make him a lesser person, or demon, which causes him to go away.

I hope everything goes well for you. I still have probles turning off my light too. I've seen reptilians in Florida, no not the crocs. I've seen ghosts, and aliens....so...you're no alone. You just aren't. All the rest who haven't experieced this either are not meant to or just have a really closed mind.

Take care!! U2U me if you wish.

I am a professional at this, so have no fear. Not to brag or anything, really. Your case was simply s disturbing demonic event. But it won't happen again if you just ignore it... just think of it as stupid, lesser than you, that you are so strong and no entity can hurt you.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Not many people have had that experience without direct knowledge or practice of certain things. Yes I have had it happen multiple times when I was vulnerable. It will come to pass. AS human instinct we get bored and with fear as well. We naturaly find ways to deal with and eliminate things. That is not much suggestion but like all things in life we just deal with it.

Yes laying down at night by myself I have heard my name called and man I would jump! Makes you wonder who or what it is. The voice is at your ear but the impression left is that it is only at my ear and not able to be broadcast if someone was near. If that makes any sense.

I have felt I also remote viewed in my sleep as well which really bothered me the first time. Just as it states Adam and Eve recovered from pearing in on God so shall we to our negative experiences.

Originally posted by sceptik
I was hoping maybe someone else had the same kind of experience as me. I am a firm believer in waking dreams and the power of the sub-concious. With that said I had the most terrifying experience of my life.
First off, I was AWAKE that much I can guarentee. I had just turned over to go to sleep when I heard something talking to me. I was totally terrified. It felt like someone was siting on my back and whispering in my ear. Then I actually felt a nose on my earlobe. I was so scared I could'nt move. Then I became brave enough to reach towards my ear and I thought I touched whatever it was. Quickly I felt a shift and it said, quote "you almost got me." Then it made this horrible noise like I was standing in a wind tunnel. It sounded like wind rushing past my ears so fast it made a terrible squeal. It just kept getting louder and louder. All of the sudden it just stopped. I shot out of bed, turned every light in the house on and sat in my living room till 7am.
If anyone has had anything like this ever happen please, let me know. I know it sounds made up and its hard to offer any kind of proof but, as a sworn law enforcment agent I have never been as scarred as I was last night.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Defcon5

Sounds like an interesting job you have my friend,hopefully people here have taken notice of what you have posted on the previous page though may not be the exciting explanation they would like?

Anyway what would be your professional opinion on how to solve night tremors or paralysis if it were an on going proven problem.What is prescribed for those conditions?

Personally i don't or have not suffered from paralysis i go the other way, i have on about approx ten occasions that i can remember lashed out physically whilst asleep toward something or anything menacing that i have dreamt,and sometimes my G/f has been on the receiving end of that dream next to me in bed.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by gps777]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I really appreciate everyone's input. I think the OBE is very interesting. Thats the first account I've heard where someone else had an aduitory experience. I am definitly willing to chalk this whole thing up to something my sub-concious did, but how come this thing answered me in a jovial almost practical joking kind of way. My job is very stressful and I deal with life or death decisions everyday, but its nothing new. I've done it for some time now and never have had anything like this happen. Other than stress is there anything else I can do.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
hmm very interesting dude........and scary.

I haven't had anything like that happen to me, but i have been in the state of trying to get to sleep like you were, when i suddenly hear i loud zap and gunshot like sound right in my ear, pretty shocking when it happens

btw- im not into supernatural things that much, and i don't mean to scare you more, but im sure i heard somewhere that dreaming of black dogs supposedly means something bad is going to happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I tend to have very vivid dreams and, more and more, lucid and semi-lucid dreams as well. Often I'll wonder if I'm dreaming. I always keep it in mind that, as a rule, if I wonder if I'm dreaming then I'm dreaming.

However, there are times when I wonder if I'm dreaming yet I conclude that I'm awake. Usually, once I'm truely awake, I'll realise that I was mistaken; I was actually dreaming.

But, on only a very few occassions, I awoke from a dream but was still certain that I was "awake" during that dream. Meaning: I know, because of what happened, that it was a dream But, dag nab it, it still seemed real.

One example of this happened about a year ago.

I woke up in my bed to the sound of something falling to the floor. **THUMP!** I opened my eyes and wondered what in the world could have caused something to fall in my room. Then I saw one of my cats jump from a box to the floor. She turned her head and looked me.

Of course. My cat had knocked something off the desk.

No, wait. My cats aren't allowed into my room because they leave fur everywhere and cause me to sneeze. My door is always closed. This cat cannot be in my room, yet there she is... standing there looking at me.

I closed my eyes for a second and opened them to see that the cat was gone. Everything else in the room was exactly as it was a moment earlier. I realised that when I saw the cat, my eyes were in fact open. Yet, I was still in dream state.

The sound of something falling to the floor... never happened! The sound was all in my head just like the sight of the cat. Yet, through it all, I felt completely awake.

Weird stuff happens in the twilight zone between waking and dreaming. Weeeeeeeeird stuff.

[edit on 3-9-2006 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

One thing that was kind of strange was that my neighbor who I met for the first time yesturday (UPS dropped a package to her to hold for me) asked me if I could hear through the walls easily. I asked her why and she said that she has been hearing a voice very clearly over the last week and it sounds like its coming from right next to her. I didn't tell her what had happened to me, since I didn't want to appear crazy. She said that she hears it really late at night, I know it not me making the nosie since I am in bed around 9pm. Anyways, no idea if its related, just thought it was weird.

You're kidding right? Your neighbor comes over and out of the blue asks you if you can hear a wierd voice in your ear at night, and you have no idea if it's related and don't want to talk about it with her in case she thinks you're crazy???

Good God Man! What do you need, a flashing neon sign???

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You know, I can't say without a doubt whether or not I was awake or not. Ever little bit of me says that I was awake, but after what happened, its hard to say. I really appreciate everyones help. It's weird the more I think about it the less real it seems.
If it is real though, does anyone know how I can communicate with it. If it is something looking for help I don't mind trying. I just can't drink myself to sleep anymore.
This whole episode is really starting to effect my personal life. any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

You not "sure" if you were awake or sleeping i see,now this "entity" has spoken to you which means you can test this one ..if you are a Christian else use the ways of your religion,I am a Christian so i will tell you what i have learned in Spiritual warfare.

I am a Christian who does Spiritual Warfare ,I AM NOT SAYING/FORCING ANYONE HERE to read/believe as there are different religions which i respect, all of us individuals have their choice to believe in what they do

First off yes i do believe people as such do astro although as a Christian i won't as we believe you need help and the Bible does say not to,google "Cord Broken" you'd know what i mean.Could be this appearance was "human" who knows the how to the tee and have the "help",God will not let His children "Travel" as we know where demons travel and you are an open door when travelling outer body.

Test this "entity" as you have right .. For God has given us authority over all that is evil,you may ask this entity anything in God's name he cannot lie to you (please you need to be strong and before ask God to forgive all you could have done wrong,if not get someone who can come and help you rather).Also remember you must or rephrase want it to go with all faith you have,you do need to do this else you just give this one more reason to stay or so return and become stronger and seeing that this one communicate already tells you it ain't a weak entity.

(Bible)John is speaking to believers. He calls them "beloved." He says we are not to "believe every spirit" but "test" them as to "whether they are of God." Why? Because there are "many false prophets" who have "gone out into the world."

Note Jesus told us STRAIGHT we are not fighting the flesh but evil spirits and that's what we have to prepare for and know..

Satan and his demons acknowledge the historical incarnation but do not "confess" Him as Lord. Evil spirits readily recognized Jesus during His earthly ministry. In Mk.1:24 we read the words of one spirit encountered by Jesus, "Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are; the Holy One of God!" In Mk.5:7 another said, "What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me." James 2:19 remarks, "Even the demons believe; and tremble!"

You may also have the gift to hear entity's or whatever you want to call them,the problem is you need to know if they are evil / good as they can also take on any form they want to that's why you need to know and test them,most mediums just talk away without "really" knowing who they are dealing with and that's where they make that mistake and lots of innocent people get taken 'down" cause of their word.

And the best protection is to read and do what Eph 6 tells you ..Armour Of God,a crucifix ain't gonna help you,and taking medication esp sleeping tabs could worsen this as you will be an easier target for this one,but if you read Eph 6 and believe and need to sleep use medication,as sleep relaxes and makes the body and mind strong.

The only reason why i wrote is cause you said "It spoke to you" quite a brave entity.
You also mention you felt his nose on your ear,how do you know it was the nose (was there direct breath on you ear?) Sleep Paralysis or not take necc precautions and don't stress

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
tsabigprobe,

I'm sorry, It's hard to clearly explain on these blogs actually what happened. UPS delivered a package to me when I was not home. Rather then leave the package in the office they left it at my neighbors apt. WHen I went to get it she asked if I stayed up late or had people over often. Then she mentioned the voices.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
you know I was just thinking maybe it wasn't a nose I felt. Maybe just cause the voice was so loud and up close I guess it could have been something else I felt. I have'nt ever heard of the black dog dreams meaning bad luck, I could see how it might be construde that way. I wish I could approch my neighbor without seeming crazy.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Man, I aint gonna argue with the guy who started this topic.
I'm not going to suggest, that maybe you were really asleep & that it was your mind and such and such.
Homie, that was a demon, end of story.
Just reading that story freaked me out. Gave me chills.
Your mind was not "plying tricks on you". What you heard & felt was quite real.
My advice, try not to be afraid of it. Although it'll be very hard to do. Prepare for another visit sometime in the future, because it may happen again. And it may be worst.
Find your Protector & pray to your Protector for guidance. I say your Protector because i do not believe in calling an unknown entity a God, especially if that's not it's true function. And I do believe that we may have separate Protectors & Guardians. I doubt it's the same "God" looking over all of us. There may be a King, an entity that's in charge, but I do not think he's responsisble for all of us. He may asign Guardians, Angels or whatever you want to call them to look over us.
Find that something that looks over you & stay lose to it.
It sounds wacky, but I have experiences that moves me to think that way.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab

Homie, that was a demon, end of story.
Just reading that story freaked me out. Gave me chills.

Me too! The hair on my head stood up, and I got goose bumps all over my arms. That is usually a clear indication to me that evil is present!

Do you have any animals? Animals react to evil spirits! I'll tell you a story in as short of form as possible to get the jest of the story...

I used to clean this colonial style mansion. Every time I got half way up the grand staircase, I got goose bumps, and my hair stood up. It freaked me out so bad!! Then I stated noticing over time, (a few weeks) What room in the house was the problem, or evil hot spot! This was a huge house...it had 8 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, a library, 2 dining rooms, one formal one not, 2 family rooms, 2 living rooms, a file room 2 stair cases...and much more, not to mention a secret room behind one of the floor to ceiling bookcase in the library that led to the master bathroom that I found one day when cleaning the spring loaded floor to ceiling mirror..that exposed the secret room. Man did that ever freak, on top of my already freak!!

Anyway, the one room in the house that was untouched by me...per orders of the owner is the one room where the cat would freak out. It would be on the bed in this room (the evil room) and it would hiss & charge me...I know I saw that cat climb the walls in that room as it was hissing & freaking out like mad. The door was always open to that room. Come to find out that was the room her son that had commited suicide slept in. I went into that room with a bible in my hand and praying all the way... and there were occult/witchcraft books of every possible concoction you could imagine all over the bookcase in that room. I believe that was enough to bring the demon inside the home.

I left that house, never went back for my pay.....never looked back! I don't like that kind of crap! BTW the cat was as loving as could be when not inside that room.

**EDIT**
Also, that house was completely decorated with mideivil (SP?) authintic relects that had been collect, crated and shipped from all the owners many trips to Europe. She even had a metal suit of armor...a knight in shining armour. Freaky!

[edit on 9/12/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I was hoping maybe someone else had the same kind of experience as me. I am a firm believer in waking dreams and the power of the sub-concious. With that said I had the most terrifying experience of my life.
First off, I was AWAKE that much I can guarentee. I had just turned over to go to sleep when I heard something talking to me. I was totally terrified. It felt like someone was siting on my back and whispering in my ear. Then I actually felt a nose on my earlobe. I was so scared I could'nt move. Then I became brave enough to reach towards my ear and I thought I touched whatever it was. Quickly I felt a shift and it said, quote "you almost got me." Then it made this horrible noise like I was standing in a wind tunnel. It sounded like wind rushing past my ears so fast it made a terrible squeal. It just kept getting louder and louder. All of the sudden it just stopped. I shot out of bed, turned every light in the house on and sat in my living room till 7am.
If anyone has had anything like this ever happen please, let me know. I know it sounds made up and its hard to offer any kind of proof but, as a sworn law enforcment agent I have never been as scarred as I was last night.

It was just your guardian. Everyone has one behind them. Because you freaked out it will probably never try to contact you again. Try to use love as your weapon and you'll find it conquers everything

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
check your u2u's.
I just covered this in my blog.. but to all those here that think he experienced what is reffered to as old hag or sleep paralysis and are too lazy to read the blog entry.. ( I dont blame ya) lol.. here is the medical explanation of OH/SP

sleep paralysis occurs when the brain is in the transition state between deep, dreaming sleep (known as REM sleep for its rapid eye movement) and waking up. During REM dreaming sleep, the brain has turned off most of the body's muscle function so we cannot act out our dreams - we are temporarily paralyzed.

Now we have a problem here.. it takes TIME to get into deep REM sleep much less to be already coming back out of it. and as he stated.... he had just turned over to go to sleep.

According to their explanation of how it happens.. that can't be what happened to him.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I really want to thank all of you for all your suggestions. The sleep paralysis seems like a very plausible reason for the incident. I'm still really bugged by the voice though. I've done alot of research now and I have'nt really found any experience with an intellegent voice being present. I think thats what I'm having the hardest time getting over. It sounded so condesending(maybe a bad word for it). Like it was playing a game. Thanks of the u2u's. I really hope it is just SP.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
drugs will make you hear things, lol im just kidding

but no seriously, i would think that its just in your mind. like someone earlier said, our brain is so complex! that we have discovered around 1% of what it can do, and the other 99% is so many more things.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join