It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarriest thing ever, Please help!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It just occurred to me that as a "sworn lawenforcement agent" you may have come in contact with some type of black op, mind control, MK Ultra, paperclip, etc, kind of operation that you were unaware of and this is just an extension of that.

The Libra makes some great suggestions however on dealing with supernatural entities.

I prefer the "shamanistic" approach with "voodoo" overtones.
Drink rum, smoke cigars, and beat on a drum [a cardboard box will work as a drum in a pinch] all the while chanting a chant of your own device, driving the bad "juju" back into its neither world.

The "new age" "native American" method might work. Make a smudge stick of sage but actually any dried weeds will work if the heart is pure. Blow the smoke from the stick around the room but concentrate on the corners, top and bottom, and command the "devils" to leave and never come back.

Sometimes it takes more than one ritual, if the "uglies" are persistent!!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

I've asked a Doctor about this... It's called SLEEPING PARALYSIS. So it's not some medieval haunting, with the wearwolf or the Devil coming back to get you

Go and ask a hypnosist the same questions about this? Subconcious really is amazing you know.

Everyone who is freaking out about this should take a deep breath.

My doc tried to tell me about hypnagogic and hypnopompic conditions. This condition "Sleep Paralysis" aint what is being described by the original poster.
I have experienced both feelings myself. S.P. and A.P. aint noway the same feeling friend. It can really scare you at first.

I agree a hypnotist is a good place to get some idea of subconscious, but what is happening here aint all part of the subconscious.

Freaking out about this? When these things happen to you, then you would know about freaking out.

I now await all the usual sniping and the I know better response from all of the
so called enlightened people out there

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I feel like I'm beginning to spam with this ATS link, but it explains so much in my opinion. After having read it, I just feel like I need to share it with everyone. Please check out this thread: Tryptamines and God

I've already sent it to the OP, but wished that everyone else see it as well. I've had these experiences myself, so I know how terrifying they can be. You feel wide awake, your eyes completely open, and still you continue to 'see' or feel things,... sometimes even terrible pain. I finally decided to research this phenomenon (fearing I might be insane), and came up with the name hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations (as someone here already mentioned). They are NOT like sleep paralysis. You can move, you can feel wide awake, you can see every part of your room, including these 'things'. Though not everyone experiences them, many people do. Most don't share these things, because they don't want to be thought of as "crazy" or Psychotic. As far as I can understand, Psychotic and Schizophrenic people are trapped in this state permanently.

This is where that thread I just posted comes in. It introduces a very natural hallucinogen which is produced in our own bodies. It can also be found in certain mushrooms. This hallucinogen is responsible for the way we see the world around us, for how and when we dream, etc. etc. It is a very interesting read which for me links the supernatural to the science-based, yet still doesn't rule out the spiritual aspect of it all. Please read it if you have the time, it is worth it. If nothing else, it provides an entirely new way of looking at the "supernatural".

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
maybe there's just a whole bunch of stuff happening right now and you are over stressed and this was your body/mind reacting to it.

Sounds like you need a breather.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I've had things like this happen numerous times in the past. When I was a teenager a dark figure dressed like Abraham Lincoln was standing at the foot of my bed just looking at me! Pulled the covers over my head and prayed.

Then there have been times where I've been alone in my house and have heard things call out my name?

The worst was that I took 9 truck loads of field stone from an abandoned hotel in Taylorton Saskatchewan, an old coal mining ghost town where nasty things happened. I was building a stone fence. Anyways things were making all kinds of strange sounds in my house, I thought at first just pipes and stuff but my house is pretty new. Then my kid who was 1 at the time became terrified of shadows even during the day in broad day light. My family would be watching T.V. and things would smash into the wall behind us, shake the couch. Things would thud & creek at night so I'd grab a sword off the wall and go hunting through the house never finding anything. My wife would call me at work scared of noises etc. Finally I had enough. I threatened what ever it was SAYING " if you can hurt me then I can hurt you back and I will!" Slept with swords under my bed. Things still went bump in the night so I had a couple a bar parties at my house when the wife & kid were gone visiting inlaws. A bar party is when you invite the whole bar back to your house at closing time. A few days later I threated the thing again & said I'll keep having parties until you go away. Things quieted down for a while. When they started up again I reasoned out loud with "IT" saying look just cause my house is big doesn't mean I had anything to do with whatever happened at the coal mines, why don't you go bug the Judge two houses down from me. It left & nothing has happened since.

THEN there was that time I was sleeping and I was completely frozen thinking my wife stole the covers. I turned over to look and suddenly I was in a giant metal type room or hanger lying naked on a metal table just freezing. I looked and there were beings that looked like "greys" only they were green and a soldier dressed like a nazi with slicked back blonde hair and they were coming at me with a needle! I said "what the hell you creeps get lost!" and fell back asleep. I don't believe in aliens, I think they are interdimensional demonic nephalim watcher type losers.

Anyways weird things happen all the time to everyone!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It was no demon, so don't worry about that. I have a feeling it was more your mind playing tricks on you than anything. On the other hand it may have been any number of mystical creatures just teasing you. Who know's! If it happens again, don't try to touch it, but ask it what it's name is and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Out of body experiences can be terrifyingly real. Especially, if you've never had one before and have no control over it. I started having OBE's at a young age (6), had never heard the term, had never heard anyone else talk about such experiences, had no control over where I went and was basically scared to death every time it happened. I hated going to bed at night because I enter the theta state very easily and quickly and OBE's are achieved more readily in a theta state.
When I first read your posting, several things came to mind-most of which have already been adressed. 1) mind control tactics. more common than we like to believe. 2) haunting/poltergeists. 3) schizophrenic hallucinations (I'm not trying to be sarcastic or cruel). 4) demons 5) someone else doing an OBE on/to you.
If it's mind control tactics, there are websites you can read that tell how other people deal with the mind games although, in reading of their experiences, they don't report a sense of the supernatural as you did. If it's hauntings/poltergeist, several suggestions have already been made on how to deal with that. If you've had psych testing schizophrenia would have been picked up so skip that. If it's a demon, speaking the word of God is effective (even if all you can do is shout it out in your mind). If someone else is having an OBE in your 18 inches of personal space, they may not be aware that it isn't a dream. Or they may just be evil and don't care. In either case, remember that you are a powerful spirit having a human experience and remind them of your power. Hard to project a powerful presentation when you feel like pissing yourself (I know) but it can be done. Hopefully, you won't have to experience such a horrifying event again. If so, ATS never sleeps and it seems like there are quite a few here who share in your experience.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Every one jumps to sleep paralysis right away. In some cases there right, but all it takes is that one case to make it a whole new ball game. There is no way to tell if its sleep paralysis or not, unless your being monitored in a study. I say go with your gut feeling.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I hear theres a difference between a human spirit and an inhuman spirit. Other then a bad smell does my experience sound like it could be that. Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sceptik
I hear theres a difference between a human spirit and an inhuman spirit. Other then a bad smell does my experience sound like it could be that. Thanks in advance.

sceptic, did you receive the U2U I sent you? Did you read that link I posted? You really should read it. It would probably explain many of your questions both scientifically AND spiritually.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thanks 2many. The expierence does seem similar. I have been reading alot about Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations. I have heard alot of different opinions as to whether or not thats what happened. I am a believer in occams razor so I guess that those hallucinations would be the more sensible culprit. Its been a couple of days now and I haven't had anything else happen yet. One thing that was kind of strange was that my neighbor who I met for the first time yesturday (UPS dropped a package to her to hold for me) asked me if I could hear through the walls easily. I asked her why and she said that she has been hearing a voice very clearly over the last week and it sounds like its coming from right next to her. I didn't tell her what had happened to me, since I didn't want to appear crazy. She said that she hears it really late at night, I know it not me making the nosie since I am in bed around 9pm. Anyways, no idea if its related, just thought it was weird.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
sceptic, no problem.
I wonder if your neighbor hears the same things you do. Maybe you should have a talk with her. Of course I understand if that is a tough thing for you to do. Unless it came up in conversation somehow, I never spoke to anyone about things like this. Now that I know how common it is, and what it might be caused by (a powerful natural hallucinogenic substance found within our own bodies called '___'), it makes more sense. It doesn't make the visions or sounds any less real in my opinion. Maybe it opens up windows to a part of our world we can't see without the help of '___'.
There are many questions to be answered here, but you're not alone.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ya know there might be a reason that your neighbor
has come into your life just at this time. The voices
comment could have been a "shot across the bow" to
start a discussion.

You dont want to be like the guy stuck on top of his house in a flood, praying
to the creator to save him. He turned down rescue from a raft, a boat and a
helocopter. He died. when he got to the next world he complained to the creator,
You didnt save me. The creator said," I sent you a raft, a boat and a helocopter,
what more do you want?"

The "new age" "native American" method might work. Make a smudge stick of sage but actually any dried weeds will work if the heart is pure.

Somebody once said " it is better ot keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool
than to open it and remove all doubt." I think it was S Clemens.

at any rate you might want to consider taking that message to heart.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
In Central Europe (Slavic countries at least) that kind of "spiritual presence" is called "Dusiołek" (Old Polish for - let's say "Strangler"); it's a very common occurence in myths and legends from every historical period, so there has to be some credibility to it. Most often, the presence is described as a dark, either tall and skinny or short and broad figure, cloaked in black and hooded. It would usually sit on the victim's chest or back, depending on how they lie in bed at the moment and disturb their breathing (hence "Strangler"); a lot of sources mention some noise being made or voice murmured by the being. The easiest way to repel it would be to say loud and clear "go away, leave me in peace", calling God's name or doing something similar (anyway, giving clear signal that you are not afraid and that you want the thing to leave), while the worst thing you can do is to show fear. So much the legends.

As for the reality, I had such experience myself once and have no idea what caused it to this day. Things I know for certain are: I was wide awake, it was about 3 a.m., everything went extremely silent, the room went in a way darker, I couldn't see the door on the opposite wall while normally I can, and finally I felt (didn't see) some presence I didn't want to be there and felt (not heard) something like words being spoken by the darkness. Whatever it was, be it my mind going mad or there was really "something" in my room I can only recall it was extremely disturbing and I couldn't move from fear for some time, then managed somehow to say something and to quickly light my desk lamp. To no surprise the room was empty, but the fear remained for some time.

For the record, I don't really believe in ghost stories, but quoting Shakespeare: "There are more things in heaven and earth (...) Than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just wondering, are there alot of different kinds of demons or are they basically just different form or names for the same thing. It seems like most of the different kinds of entities have similar MO's. Does each have there own kind of signature distubance. Someone before said it could be a banshee cause of the loud noise. Are there other things that do that to.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'd say both.

First, there are different types of - let's call it demons, causing various effects typical for certain "species", and

Second, these beings have evolved in peoples' conscience over the centuries and hence they are perceived and named diferently depending on where you are.

My guess at least...

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
As far as 'sleep paralysis' is concerned, I get a bit irritated seeing it advocated as explanation for just about everything. It's a theory -- in other words, someone's opinon -- not a proven fact. Scientists are expert at coming up with theories intended to explain things away. But many of their theories involving the paranormal are contrived after-the-fact, plus they have the advantage of being 'worked backwards' to 'fit the facts' and are usually proposed by scientists eager to be seen-to-be twenty light years away from anything that smacks of the paranormal.

Actually I get a bit irritated when I see sound medical advise being shrugged off by someone with no background in the field that thinks they know something that they do not, so they can further a personal theory of their own.

Sleep Paralysis is a PROVEN FACT, it is not a THEORY. We can see it when it happens, we know exactly what causes it, we know exactly what the symptoms of it are, and we can induce it to happen. How do I know this? Because I work in a sleep laboratory. Some of the folks here from chat, even know which lab I work in and often chat with me to help me stay awake at night. To make matters even worse I personally have had the experience once in my life.

The first thing that I look for when I read these paranormal threads is whether it happen when the person was in bed. If the answer to that question is “yes” then you can pretty well dismiss everything after that fact. The brain is your filter to reality, and when it’s entering, in, or coming out of sleep it plays tricks on you as it’s in an altered state. I have personally seen some of the weird things that people can experience while in that state. So who are you and what background do you have to say it’s not something totally in the mind of the experiencer? Spent much time running polygraphs on research or sleep disordered patients?

Want to know how we can tell what is happening with a patient at the point when this disorder occurs? Well first, we run an EEG so we can tell EXACTLY what state the brain is in at the time of the experience. Secondly, we run and EMG so we can see that there is NO MUSCLE TONE in the patient at the time of the experience. Third, we can see through the infrared cameras and microphones that there is nothing present in the room with the patient. This is besides the other electrodes and paraphernalia that tells us their O2 levels, respiratory, and cardiac information to name a few more things that we run simultaneously.

So what you think you going to get with your tape recorder and notepad by comparison to our polygraphs that can record into the millionths of volts, infrared cameras, and microphones so sensitive I can hear an ant fart?? You think that it’s going to tell you if the patient is having a sleep-induced hallucination? Looks more to me like you’re the one that is working things backwards to fit your facts into what it is you wish to believe in…

You have any idea how many nights a week I hear someone tell me that they have been awake for hours, when I can see that they have only been awake for ten or fifteen minutes, and I can prove it by their EEG? EEG, which you cannot alter or control as you can your heart rate. With that in mind, how can you trust anything that someone claims happened when they are not fully aware of what state they are in at the time it happened? As I said I have personally experienced it, so I know EXACTLY how real it is, I KNEW someone was in the room with me, and I could hear them even clear their throat. I felt them push on my back, as I was lying almost face down, forcing me into the bed. Then after a few seconds, I realized what was happening and it gradually went away… However at the time it felt VERY, VERY, real.

" Oh, it's just sleep paralysis " ..... then out comes the convoluted explanation of what sleep paralysis is supposed to be, which, by the time it's been explained, leaves the listener feeling quite sleepy but non the wiser.

Oh its quite simple and basic really, the brain emits a chemical that causes all muscle tone to drop to zero in any nonessential muscle tissue while the brain is in the active altered state of Rapid Eye Movement Sleep. REM is when people have story like dreams and if the muscle were not paralyzed, they would act out what it is that they are dreaming. This in fact happens to people that have the opposite of Sleep Paralysis, which is known as REM Disorder. Now this is different then say sleep walking/Somnambulism which generally happens in a different stage of sleep called Delta or Slow Wave sleep. Pretty simple really.

I WAS asleep until the 'thing' began crawling on top of me!

Then I woke UP !

Happened coming out of a altered mind state, 99.9999999% chance that it was in fact a hallucination.

I have no doubt 'sleep paralysis' is experienced by people on occasion

No it happens quite frequently as people with sleep apnea, generally most people that snore (which is a VERY large group), have a chance to wake suddenly from REM sleep when their apnea is at its worst, and experience this. I would suspect that there is the possibility that the OP has this issue and that is why it has only happened this once for him so far and is not a chronic thing. In addition, another poster mentioned that it happens more in the supine (on your back) position. The reason why it is more prevalent in REM in the Supine position is because there is no muscle tissue to hold the airway open and the person literally is choking on his or her own tissue in their throat. In the supine position, gravity works to pull that tissue directly into the airway. When this happens the O2 levels drop and the person’s brain wakes up to clear the airway (gasping heard with snoring or loud snorts), sometimes a limb movement such as jerking your foot accompanies it. Either way the result is that the brain has suddenly been shocked out of the sleep state of REM and it was not prepared to wake at that time.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I will try to be effiecient in my response, and I will try to keep it short, but I know that I'm about to become long-winded on this topic, so I want to apologize beforehand. What I'm about to say is based on my actual experiences, and the context is rooted in my personal belief system. ( I just don't want this thread to dissolve into a debate about the definition of "reality", or people slamming other folk's beliefs or experiences).Mine is a metaphysical perspective. This could go so deep; Concepts of duality, a third "reality" beyond duality...this is simultaneously a Universe AND a Multiverse. "Reality" is Ordered AND Chaotic...it is all a contradiction,and it is not. The Universe is a vast, living,mysterious thing beyond our current human comprehension. EVERYTHING is represented as a vibration of energy on levels gross and sublime,and is INFINITE. That being the context, anyone who tries to say to you,Sceptik, that this was "definenately" one thing or another, has already projected THEIR labels,meanings and beliefs onto your experience. To say "it" was a demon, for instance, is to imply all of the "Christian" concepts and connotations of Good and Evil,etc. There are different interpretations according to people who work White and Black magik, Rabbis,Monks,Buddhists...
Whether asleep or awake,you have been contacted by something or someone.And it has made a huge impact on your psyche.You are suddenly seeing the world around you differently. Consider the possibilty that these beings can be neutral,neither good nor evil. If you encounter a wild animal in it's natural habitat,say, a tiger,the tiger isn't out to "get you", your mutual encounter is as two beings.If the tiger attacks you,it's not evil,it's just doing what a tiger does.If it looks you in the eye,and just walks on by, you may be left with a feeling of awe and reverence for the creature itself,by it's very existence. If the tiger starts to attack and you pick up a stick and hold your ground,you are in control.(This is a metaphore! I don't want a debate about whether a person can fight a tiger with a stick!!!). If the tiger is going to go his own way, you may feel fear,but if you hold it together and don't freak out, you are richer for the experience. I have had an OBE, and studied the topic thoroughly, and you may have been consciously in contact with another "plane" so to speak, but (IMO), it seems you have had an encounter. It's true that your initial fear is your own psyche's reaction to the unknown. This is mentally or emotionally the equivillant to physical shock if you were to be injured. This fear is natural,but you are in control of it, not vice-versa.If your neighbor is having experiences, then this being is "organized", and has quite a bit of energy. Leave Ouija boards alone, do not dabble with any form of divination during this period in your life. you may be sensitive, and you're just now "waking up". Explore within yourself what this being is to you ( without the context of sheer fright hanging in the background). Upon reflection,decide if this being is benefitting you,or if it is a nuisance. it can gain strength and energy from your emotions and thoughts. You must first and foremost control your fear! It cannot hurt you. If you are open to such things, perhaps do a meditation where you envision yourself and your apartment ( and your neighbor) surrounded by white,protective light. Consciously imagine a "protective sheild" around you and yours. Listen to music that is positive and empowers you, not angry or emotionally "heavy" stuff. This advice may sound cheesy, but it will work. This being is seeking attention and being a bit persistent. Research Carlos Casteneda's concepts of "Allies", research EVP (Electronic Voice Phenominon), and check into REIKI. Feel free to U2U me any time, Sceptik. DO NOT live your day to day in fear!
This is YOUR life, and you can directly control your immediate "psychic" and emotional environment. COGITO ACCIPIO TUUS IPSE

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I go with the sleep paralysis idea for pretty much every experience like this. Had them myself several times, usually while trying to have an OBE.

One morning i woke up, started going back to sleep and suddenly my body began vibrating/shaking (at least thats what i was feeling) and though my eyes were shut and all i could see was black, grey faces started appearing and i could hear a humming/buzzing sound. Then it seemed as if the world around me was all in hazy grey scale, and that there were things kneeling around me chanting, the buzz i heard was the chant, and it seemed very much as if they were repeating 'Who are you?'. I believe that this was the point i started praying and attempting to move, though at first i couldn;t. Soon it went away though and i woke up, absolutely terrified, i even posted here about it in the ongoing OBE thread.

Once my rational mind kicked in i knew that it simply was a kind of sleep paralysis that i was experiencing. As terrifying as these things are, they are NOT real.

At least i bloody well hope they're not. Who wants to actually believe that they were surrounded by a bunch of chanting things wondering who the heck you are?...

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I had a similar early-morning incident where I was lying in bed and I could hear muffled foot steps coming up the stairs, I felt a presence enter the room. I too had the sensation of something climbing on my back and whispering into my ear. "Why can't you leave me alone." was uttered in a hissed manner that was extremely malicious. I could of sworn I was awake, but conventional wisdom would have had me turned over the moment "it" entered the room.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join