It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarriest thing ever, Please help!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think it happens when you are tired and you have had not enough sleep. Go back and realise were you tired from something? Work maybe, stress or somthing. If people can relate those things then maybe its not as bad as you think or as real. Who was over tired or stressed during those encounters? Work out the percentage you may find out what causes it.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Spiritual Read

Check that link out m8. It's a good read...some may not believe all and others will, same as many topics, but it might shed some light for you because you mentioned before you don't know much about spirituality etc.

Hope you have a good sleep 2night btw.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcdefxyz2000
i had a very similar experiance about a month ago. My house i deftenatly haunted. Seen stuff move by iteslf and all sorts of stuff like that, but i was getting into bed one night and was just about to turn on the Tv and i heard something say a word in my left ear in a really low voice. I couldnt make out what the word was but it was liek a man was saying it directly into my ear liek you were saying. the lights were on so i didnt see anything but i deftenatly heard a mans voice. it was odd. i cant even begain to ponder what it was. it may have even been in my head but i heard it from my left ear so i dont know. ive never heard voies before that or afterwards

That happened to me twice before... And it scared the "sh"T out of me.

It's not the subconcious.. becuase YOU CAN ACTUALLY feel the voice, aswell as hearing it. It's not the voices in your head or anything like that..
It's like a drole voice, like he/she is whipering in your ear, again I've not witnessed it for a while so I can't put it down to my imaginations as both times it did occur it was when I was at least aware of anything. To be honest is scares me even now....

[edit on 23-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Btw the the OP story.. Is a medical condition called Sleeping paralysis,

It's basically when the the body is still in REM or dreaming, and the mind begins to waken. The body however is still asleep, hense all your muscles are in active because during sleep and dreaming they don't start moving around, unless your sleepwalking. Basically your brain didn't turn on the main switch. There is nothing to worry about as it's only a minute long and you will awaken almost immeadiately not dissmissing the unpleasant experience.

The other part of the story that 99% people withness is a dark figure in the room, that used to freak the living # out of me too. Apparantly its to do with the REM, where your still actually dreaming, and because you can't move etc, your fears highten and the sudden hallucination is triggered, of a dark figure of whatever your imagination brings about.

I know for a fact that this is true, because I tested it a few times, as I get it a lot in intervals, like I'd get one or two within a month and I might not get one for six months, but on two occaisons I got them (with now knowing what the condition is) I actually became aware of it, and when I started to relax I'd awake almost straight away. The fear dosn't turn into to someone is lurking in the corner either"
Because I'm become aware that my body is asleep during that process while I'm about to awake, as it's almost always coming out of a dream state you will experience it. The experience seems so long too. Apparantly it's only something like a min or two.. The other fact is most people get this experience when lying on their back, with some of the exception of having on their side. I have had it mostly when I'm on my back and I feel like something is pushing my body down, but that feeling is probably because you can't move your body and the feeling brought from that is weight....

Anyway that's my two cents. I did go to a doctor about 4 years ago, just to clarrify with people I'm not bull#ting the story. I got a professional opinon on it. i've also read up about it. And it occurs a lot more than you think.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The whole thing can be pretty creepy.

I was hanging out with this guy for a while and he seemed to be kinda "soul dead" and I had been "praying" for him in my spare time. One night he told me that he had woken up scared that morning by a little dark creature running across his bed on all fours. He said it ran across his back and he saw it and was terrified. It disappeared.

I described earlier on this thread of my recent experience with the heavy pressure on my back when sleeping that woke me up scared to death thinking something was trying to kill me. When this happened I felt like I just escaped death and I had a feeling/vision of a black creature like my friend described on my back trying to steal my life. I was filled with fear and so effected I also searched for validation of such an un-nerving experience.

I settled for the OBE, maybe because it was the preferred explaination.
As I read this thread it reminds me of the "weight" of the experience and the knowlede at the time of it's signifigance.

Maybe there is something else going on. Are there dark shadow creatures trying to steal our souls while we sleep?

Nice read earlier on the NDE's

Ikema What are Banshee's?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sceptik
I was hoping maybe someone else had the same kind of experience as me. I am a firm believer in waking dreams and the power of the sub-concious. With that said I had the most terrifying experience of my life.
First off, I was AWAKE that much I can guarentee. I had just turned over to go to sleep when I heard something talking to me. I was totally terrified. It felt like someone was siting on my back and whispering in my ear. Then I actually felt a nose on my earlobe. I was so scared I could'nt move. Then I became brave enough to reach towards my ear and I thought I touched whatever it was. Quickly I felt a shift and it said, quote "you almost got me." Then it made this horrible noise like I was standing in a wind tunnel. It sounded like wind rushing past my ears so fast it made a terrible squeal. It just kept getting louder and louder. All of the sudden it just stopped. I shot out of bed, turned every light in the house on and sat in my living room till 7am.
If anyone has had anything like this ever happen please, let me know. I know it sounds made up and its hard to offer any kind of proof but, as a sworn law enforcment agent I have never been as scarred as I was last night.
Hm... I had the many situations like that before. Some far more scarier than that. I think it might be a phycological condition, I forget what is is cald. My one teacher expland it to me. It causes you to see and hear think as if they are real and not there. Two things can cause in a person who doesn't have it in there genes. Stress and electromagnetic fields affecting your brain. I suggest you see a phycatrist or check your area for unual magnetic fields. Like a computer on near where you sleep. Also there might be a chemical charge in the ground under your house/yard.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
as scary as its sounds its all in your head but its really called teh old hag syndrome it feels as if someone is there with you talkign and sometimes sitting on you this has been documented since the middle ages and sometimes was blamed for incubus and secubus..but reality is that is all a dream that your minds makes real. DON'T FORGET THE HUMAN MIND IS A POWERFUL WEAPON cause every act in teh world begins with a thought and thoughts are energy. sometimes even our minds can screw us over for some reason..

I love this thread...

[edit on 24-8-2006 by dvd500]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The roaring wind sound is common for people waking up from a very deep sleep of exhaustion as someone above mentioned. The black dog is certainly a common dream symbol. google it. I don't discount the 'paranormal', but i would look inside myself before i looked under the bed.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
i believe that what you experienced was real and i think you should have someone look into it. check out this link: IPRN

it may not be evil but it certainly is playful. do some research. overall trust your instincts

Dae

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sceptik
Is it possible someone was projecting or OBE'ing me?

Ooo good question! Sounds plausible, know anyone who would do that to you?

You said you were watching the tv right? TV does mess with the brain wave states, you see you dont have to be asleep for these things to happen, just have altered brain wave, perhaps to theta.

Source

The next state, theta brainwaves, are typically of even greater amplitude and slower frequency. This frequency range is normally between 5 and 8 cycles a second. A person who has taken time off from a task and begins to daydream is often in a theta brainwave state. A person who is driving on a freeway, and discovers that they can't recall the last five miles, is often in a theta state--induced by the process of freeway driving. The repetitious nature of that form of driving compared to a country road would differentiate a theta state and a beta state in order to perform the driving task safely.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
While everyone is bringing up theorys and freaking out... I assume my post wasn't read..... Laughable... "I'm the only who experience this OMG" sorry to be snappy about it... It's Called SLEEPING PARALYSIS

[edit on 24-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I think it happens when you are tired and you have had not enough sleep. Go back and realise were you tired from something? Work maybe, stress or somthing. If people can relate those things then maybe its not as bad as you think or as real. Who was over tired or stressed during those encounters? Work out the percentage you may find out what causes it.

Yeh, lack of sleep is usually the reason why I get a wking dream. I would be up during the night for like 5 hours and only get 3 hours of sleep, and the next day I would fall asleep during the afternoon and get these dreams. I always feel like somethings behind me and hands were touching my back, I try to move but I can't. When I sleep I face the wall, so I can't really see what it is thats behind me. I remember one time I felt this intense pressure of heat on my neck while this whatever was behind me.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Striker122]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Possible poltegeist/haunting material.if a womans voice would be called the ancient succubus!And no ive never had such an experience.Guess im not that popular!

Dae

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
It's Called SLEEPING PARALYSIS

He wasnt alseep, he didnt report the paralysis. So, no sleep and no paralysis, how can it be sleep paralysis?

I have personally suffered from SP many many times, his account did not sound like the typical SP experience or even sound like the more rare ones (try intense pain associated with SP, Ive experienced that).

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
woops, didn't mean to do that.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Striker122]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Thanks everyone. I'm not against the idea that I could have had SP. I'm sure I was awake but, who knows. I did some research one the place I lived and found that the apartment I live in has a huge deposit of limestone. I guess that water seeping through limestone can effect magnetic fields from what I understand. Maybe that has something to do with it. Has anyone heard this theory. I guess it happened to a family in texas. Anyone think its a good idea to set up a tape deck to try to record whats happening. Again, thanks so much for helping me.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I just had one quick question. My girlfriends grandmother died last week and she was a world famous and renowned preacher. My girlfriend has been having a hard time getting herself back together. Any possibility this thing has gone after me because of how religious she and her family are.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by sceptik]

[edit on 24-8-2006 by sceptik]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
A tape deck or other recording device is an excellent idea ! Really. Good thinking.

As far as 'sleep paralysis' is concerned, I get a bit irritated seeing it advocated as explanation for just about everything. It's a theory -- in other words, someone's opinon -- not a proven fact. Scientists are expert at coming up with theories intended to explain things away. But many of their theories involving the paranormal are contrived after-the-fact, plus they have the advantage of being 'worked backwards' to 'fit the facts' and are usually proposed by scientists eager to be seen-to-be twenty light years away from anything that smacks of the paranormal.

" Oh, it's just sleep paralysis " ..... then out comes the convoluted explanation of what sleep paralysis is supposed to be, which, by the time it's been explained, leaves the listener feeling quite sleepy but non the wiser.

I've had one only (thank god) episode similar to several of those mentioned in above posts and I really don't care who wants to call it 'sleep paralysis' -- I was there ! I was NOT asleep !

I WAS asleep until the 'thing' began crawling on top of me!

Then I woke UP !

I wasn't 'paralysed' in the normal sense. But I WAS frozen with fear.

It was black. It was formless, yet nontheless some kind of humanoid/demonic entity. It grew larger and stronger and took on a more definite shape within seconds and as the experience continued.

The attack DID have sexual overtones. It was loathesome; foul.

The 'thing' DID have an intelligence. It WAS evil. It's intentions were NOT benign.

It was in the 'top five' of THE most terrifying experiences I've had.

These cosmic-scum are SMART. They are powerful. They have the advantage. We are asleep and helpless. They are unprincipled, opportunistic cowards.

I WAS fighting, but I thought I was 'losing' the battle.

Then my mind just began praying, automatically --- a mental/spiritual emergency distress call to God. Actually, in between 'God help me !', I repeated the Lord's Prayer over and over, as if it were an all purpose protective mantra. It's all I was capable of remembering, in the shocked, terrified state I was in.

It must have worked, because I began to be stronger. The 'thing' began losing its power.

As soon as it was gone, I ran flat out to my daughter's room, crying like a two year old. I jumped into her bed like a baby, trembling, sobbing, out of my mind pretty much with fear and shock. She became the parent. I''d definitely been reduced to the level of a child by the experience. I stayed there until morning.

We were living in a brand new townhouse which had been completed only months earlier. We were the only people to ever have lived in it. Before the townhouse development, the land had been virgin scrubby bushland. I'd had a normal day; went to bed at the usual time; hadn't been reading or watching on tv anything of a 'creepy' or unusual content. Life was as normal.

The Old Hag experience has been around as long as mankind and has been experienced by people of all ages, all social levels, all races. There are drawings of it which were made many hundreds of years ago.

I just do not accept that princes and paupers, men and women, old and young, ALL experienced the same thing -- by 'coincidence' -- courtesy of 'sleep paralysis'.

I have no doubt 'sleep paralysis' is experienced by people on occasion. But that does NOT mean it is the one-size-fits-all explanation for the hundreds, thousands of people who have detailed their individual Old Hag experiences throughout thousands of years, from all corners of the globe.

When I faint for example --- is my experience the same as when YOU faint?
When I dream, are my dreams almost identical to yours?
When I have a precognitive dream -- is it virtually identical to YOUR precognitive dreams?

Yet the Old Hag experience remains virtually unchanged, no matter if the victim is an Eskimo or a Trobriand Islander, an ancient Greek or a modern day Hawaiian.

For me, the jury is still out, re: the Old Hag experience. After all, if 'sleep paralysis' were SO ordinary ..... then why doesn't everyone suffer it, from childhood and on through life? If 'sleep paralysis' were SO ordinary, why do SOME people experience it only one or twice in their entire lives and other not at ALL? If 'sleep paralysis' combined with Old Hag are SO common amongst those who sleep on their backs, WHY aren't MILLIONS of people experiencing physical and spirital rape several times each night of the week?

The Old Hag syndrome feels EXACTLY as if a non-human, foul and evil entity is climbing upon your supine form intent upon overpowering you physically and spiritually: feels as if you are under attack by a ghoul intent on raping your mind, bbody and soul.

As they say, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ......

And it makes you realise why, for millions of years, wise people have prayed and taught their children to pray, before going to sleep.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by mind is the universe
It's Called SLEEPING PARALYSIS

He wasnt alseep, he didnt report the paralysis. So, no sleep and no paralysis, how can it be sleep paralysis?

I have personally suffered from SP many many times, his account did not sound like the typical SP experience or even sound like the more rare ones (try intense pain associated with SP, Ive experienced that).

Read my post.. again... U know DREAMING can do very imaginative things... Fear itself can create many more things.
All the feelings of intense pain, fear, someone in the room, pressing on neck and back are all part of the condition called sleeping Paralysis. What makes it real because your actually waking but still in Dream state... Christ people really are getting so redicoulous about thisl I know a dozen people who had simular experiences... In fact I was talking to a mate last week, who had one and he was getting rushes in his head and a feeling someone was in the room. etc... OMG...

I've asked a Doctor about this... It's called SLEEPING PARALYSIS. So it's not some medieval haunting, with the wearwolf or the Devil coming back to get you

Go and ask a hypnosist the same questions about this? Subconcious really is amazing you know.

Everyone who is freaking out about this should take a deep breath.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've experienced similar things in the past, but generally have associated it with sleep paralysis. There were a few exceptions though, where I know, for a fact, that either the room was bloody-well haunted or someone was SERIOUSLY messing with me.

So... a few things for a checklist to determine if it was mundane or not:

1.) Does it recurr?

2.) If so, can you get any physical evidence, such as a digital tape recorder, camera, thermal camera, EMF monitor, or any other device? Perhaps a physical imprint left on some soft surface?

3.) Could it possibly have been a pet, or a pest like a rat, roach, spider, etc?

4.) Were there any secondary witnesses?

The answers will help lead you to a logical explanation, usually. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. Sometimes, it's...paranormal and that sucks, because once you are forced to accept that, it seriously rocks your whole world. There's a HUGE difference between believing that ghosts might exist, and coming face to face with indisputable proof they (or something like it) do. It very nearly caused me to have a nervous breakdown.

Anyway, here's what I did.

First, clean the place. Thoroughly. Remove all food, food wrappers, drinks, and drink containers from your room. Wash all your dirty clothes and hang them up or fold them and put them away. Get all the piles of crap off your floor, and clean out under your bed. Vaccuum. In short, make sure there's no reason a varmint might be attracted to your bedroom. This will accomplish two things. One, you will be empowered by having a clean room. Two, you can almost certainly rule out pests at this point. Oh, and Three, it's part of the next step...

Second, once your room is clean, mix up a solution of salt and water until the salt is dissolved. Then either using your fingers, a brush, or some other clean implement, sprinkle the salt water on the floor, and then "follow the joints" between walls, ceilings, and floors, sprinkling the salt water on each one, while at the same time imagining whatever "bad stuff" might be there being burnt up by the salt. Pray/chant/etc if you feel it will help. Ultimately though, the important thing is your understanding of being protected.

Third, if you have any guests, kick 'em out, shut the door, and lay on your bed, close your eyes, and try to envision your room, every outline, every seam in the walls, every joint between walls, floors, and ceiling, and so forth. Imagine a cube (or sphere or whatever) grow from within the center of the room, steadily outward till it fills in the entire place. That's your shield. Practice doing that nightly before you go to bed. Not only will it become easier with time, and allow you to sleep with greater peace of mind, it will also act as a nice Pavlovian conditioning sleep method.

And if you really don't believe in magic/mind power/juju/etc..., then just cleaning your room will help a lot, and you can rest assured that if such things don't exist, then there's nothing to fear except possibly rats eating your face in the middle of the night. Me, I personally believe that it works, and thus, it does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join