It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarriest thing ever, Please help!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was hoping maybe someone else had the same kind of experience as me. I am a firm believer in waking dreams and the power of the sub-concious. With that said I had the most terrifying experience of my life.
First off, I was AWAKE that much I can guarentee. I had just turned over to go to sleep when I heard something talking to me. I was totally terrified. It felt like someone was siting on my back and whispering in my ear. Then I actually felt a nose on my earlobe. I was so scared I could'nt move. Then I became brave enough to reach towards my ear and I thought I touched whatever it was. Quickly I felt a shift and it said, quote "you almost got me." Then it made this horrible noise like I was standing in a wind tunnel. It sounded like wind rushing past my ears so fast it made a terrible squeal. It just kept getting louder and louder. All of the sudden it just stopped. I shot out of bed, turned every light in the house on and sat in my living room till 7am.
If anyone has had anything like this ever happen please, let me know. I know it sounds made up and its hard to offer any kind of proof but, as a sworn law enforcment agent I have never been as scarred as I was last night.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well if you could move, we can probably rule out sleep paralysis.

Once in awhile I will hear things in my room when there is nothing there. I'll wake up and can't move and I can see shadows of people. I'll hear drills or see blades with them. It scared the hell out of me until I was actually able to move and then I saw nothing. Your mind is such a powerful thing. Its amazing on how little we know about our own brains.

My guess is you somehow jumped into a dreamstate while you were still awake. But then again I don't know.

I hope my experience will at least help provide some insight for you.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You know that could absolutly be the case. I would much rather believe that were the case rather than the alternative. I have had a couple of time where I thought someone was in the room and I couldn't move, I just never had anything audible happen. Whatever it was knew what I was trying to to when I reached for it. Thanks for the insight.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Real dreams can sometimes mimic a state of wakefulness but you actually are asleep. I think this is what happened in your case.
It still could have been sleep paralysis and you just dreamed you moved.

Do you remember smelling anything during this experience or afterwards when you were truly awake?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like sleep paralysis to me. I would be sleeping with the lights on for a while.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i had a very similar experiance about a month ago. My house i deftenatly haunted. Seen stuff move by iteslf and all sorts of stuff like that, but i was getting into bed one night and was just about to turn on the Tv and i heard something say a word in my left ear in a really low voice. I couldnt make out what the word was but it was liek a man was saying it directly into my ear liek you were saying. the lights were on so i didnt see anything but i deftenatly heard a mans voice. it was odd. i cant even begain to ponder what it was. it may have even been in my head but i heard it from my left ear so i dont know. ive never heard voies before that or afterwards

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Real dreams can sometimes mimic a state of wakefulness but you actually are asleep. I think this is what happened in your case.
It still could have been sleep paralysis and you just dreamed you moved.

Do you remember smelling anything during this experience or afterwards when you were truly awake?

Your conscious state in dreams is the same as it is when you're awake... you are just as acutely aware of people, things, details as you are when you're not asleep. It's just that when you're awake, you don't remember but a small sliver of what you consciously experienced while asleep.

So I think it's possible to either find a halfway point where you're dreaming but still awake... or you're dreaming and waking up to remember very vividly what you just experienced.

EDIT: I should say that you have the ABILITY to experience things just as vividly as when awake.... but if you're not lucidly dreaming, you're more or less just stumbling through, not paying attention. In fact, I have read accounts of lucid dreamers who claim that they've encountered other people in the dreamworld, aka the astral realm, but since they're physically asleep, their astral projection isn't aware or conscious and is just stumbling through levels of dreams and projections so any effort of communication between a lucid dreamer and someone who's just asleep is all but impossible.

So it is possible to dream and then remember vivid details but most people don't.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by firebat]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thanks for all the quick responses. I really appreciate it. To answer an earlier question I don't remember smelling anything unusual. The only thing I kind of thought that was strange was that I have had dreams over the last week or so where this huge black dog keeps making a cameo. It seems as though it is going to attack me but, then it just stops in front of me and stares. I've gone as far as to push it away but it just stands there. it just keeps showing up in every dream no matter what the dream is about.
It just kinda wierd since I have never had a dog before. Who knows, the more and more I talk about it and the later in the day it gets it seems so unreal. Thanks for all the advice, I just wish I knew what to do.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That would be a demon, for sure.

Banish it.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting !!

Sounds like you might have a room mate.

How old is your house or apartment?

Is their any known historical events in your residents?

Several years ago a good friend and I had closed down our Fraternal Organizations recreation room (bar).

It was well after 3am so the rec room was closed and locked the building was empty, Tom and I were at the end of the bar watching TV and having one final beer.

After sitting for an hour or so talking and drinking out of no where a rock bounced off the wall and landed on the bar right in front of our beers.

We both looked at each other and said this did not happen, we jumped up and searched the building and found nothing but the rock on the bar.

We locked up the bar and went home.

I understand how you feel.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I live in a apartment so I don't really know too much about what was there originally. Its an older apartment, probably 35yrs old. (old for Arizona anyway).
If anyone knows anything about banishing a demon or how to find out what it is I would really appreciate it. I don't really know much about this kind of thing. I wish I could make out what it kept saying. All I knew at the time was not to answer. It didn't seem right to even acknowledge whatever it was.
Does anyone know if these things follow a person or do they tend to stay in an area. Any help at all would be great.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.davidashworth.com...

You may find that of interest. There are techniques online I would guess, too.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the link but, isn't it kind of dangerous to do these kinds of incantations if you've never done this kind of thing before. I'll try anything I just don't want to do something that makes whatever this thing is mad.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I know this is easier said than done, but show no fear, and ask it what it wants. Same goes for the dog. Who ever it is, they are trying to tell you something. Most likely they are not going to stop until they do. It would be easier all in all if you just talked to him/it. Obviously it is not going to hurt you, or it would have already. So, either this spirit, or whatever needs to tell you something, or you have a lesson to learn. Either way, you need to talk to it. (and try not to be afraid there is really no reason to be afraid)

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Whether it's a dream or something else, my suggestion is the same. Try to understand it (hate to call something living, if it is, an it, but I don't know what else to use) by asking what it wants. If that doesn't help, then indeed, banish it.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I had a very similiar experience about 4 months ago. I was lying in bed sleeping and I was awaken by a feeling of pressure on my back. It felt like something was pushing very hard on the middle of my back. I was also unable to move and I felt intense fear. I thought something was trying to kill me. There were no other sensory experiences involved, just the fear left behind. I got up and stayed up for a couple of hours because I knew something really weird had just happened.

Feedback to me and some research indicates out of body experience, not a demon.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I re-read your beginning post and see that you are sure you were awake, not asleep, I guess that is quite different than what happened to me.

The rushing noise you heard also really ties in with the OBE, though.

Could you have been asleep and didn't know it?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I would much rather believe that were the case rather than the alternative.

Actually I see several alternatives. Which are you refering to?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You know, I can't say without a doubt whether or not I was awake or not. Ever little bit of me says that I was awake, but after what happened, its hard to say. I really appreciate everyones help. It's weird the more I think about it the less real it seems.
If it is real though, does anyone know how I can communicate with it. If it is something looking for help I don't mind trying. I just can't drink myself to sleep anymore.
This whole episode is really starting to effect my personal life. any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I understand the Book of Psalms in the Bible to be incantations against the devil. I take particular comfort in the 23rd Psalm. It is so well known as to be almost cliche, but that doesn't diminish its power, if you truly believe on it and in God.

Also, Psalm 86.

1 [A Prayer of David.] Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.
2 Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.
3 Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
4 Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
6 Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
8 Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.
9 All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
10 For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
11 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
14 O God, the proud are risen against me, and the assemblies of violent men have sought after my soul; and have not set thee before them.
15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.
16 O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.
17 Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast holpen me, and comforted me.

Whatever you do, please don't keep trying to drink or otherwise medicate yourself to sleep. That will just further erode your will and make you more vulnerable, imo.

May God bless and keep you in your time of need.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join