It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rob Zombie remaking 'Halloween'...........is nothing sacred anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skush
And to top it all, the original Michael wouldn't of hesitated for a second to kill Lorie, yet, in this version he spends most of the movie looking for her, then gets her, knocks her out, carries her down the street then and does nothing.

The point to this, if you paid attention, Michael was pretty much treated like s--t by everyone around him growing up. But he cared for Laurie, his baby sister, which is why, in the basement, he shows her the photo of them when she was just a baby. In a sense, Michael was searching for the one person in the world who might possibly care about him, of course Laurie was just a baby and she couldn't remember Michael at all. This was set up to make Michael seem more human, and to give a logical motive for the situation between him and Laurie. Because Micheal Myers, all evil aside, is nothing more than a serial killer, he is not the boogeyman. There had to be a motive for why he became evil, hence the really bad childhood!

Personally, I like the new Michael Myers, the character is more realistic knowing why he is the way he is. His size is irrelevent to the story, Michael Myers does not have to be a certain build for any reason at all!

The original Halloween was a classic, sure, but having a guy in a mask sneak around and kill people for no apparent reason for an hour and a half is pretty boring! This version adds more depth, making it far more interesting than the original, which is not necessarily saying it's better than the original, just more interesting!

[edit on 19-10-2007 by cj6]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This movie was total and utter garbage. The truly terrifing aspect of Michael Myers is the fact he had no motive or reason. This movie should have been left alone.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

The thing zombie does with his movies is add extreme gore. That why we like them. Dont expect some "two thumbs up" movie, expect deaths coming every 2 mins.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wasen't the explanation for the way the original Michael Myers was the way he was, was that his parents sometimes left him with an old woman babysitter down the street and she used to tell him stories about 'the curse of thorn' wich brainwashed him into wanting to eliminate his family or something?. For the life of my i can't remember where i read that but i always thought that was why.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join