It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rob Zombie remaking 'Halloween'...........is nothing sacred anymore?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Dimension Films has set an October 19, 2007 release date for Rob Zombie's new version of the classic 1978 horror film "Halloween".

Zombie recently said that his movie won't be a sequel to the original film, but he left the details a little vague. Would the movie then be a prequel or a straight remake? Zombie told Launch that his "Halloween" will be a little bit of both. "I basically went back and just came up with the idea of basically — not essentially a remake, but a very extended prequel sort of combined with an update, say, of the first film," he said. "You're starting from scratch but in sort of a more detailed way. That's the way I thought it would be exciting for fans of the original, because it's not just the same old thing, and it would be exciting for people that never saw the original."

Link to Article

I can't imagine John Carpenter is behind this. The original Halloween is probably one of the top five horror movies of all time and my personal favorite of all time. It should be left alone.

Hollywood sucks!!!

Peace

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Dr Love]

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
rob zombie has sucked the proverbial anus when he stopped White Zombie and became just Rob Zombie.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The movie is only a few decades old. It was done how it was meant to be done and it was great. I don't understand the need to remake movies that are already very recent.

Rule,
If the film was made in color, it's too recent to remake.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It appears lack of creativity is answered by the need for a quick buck by riding the name of a classic.

I hang my head on this one, another movie spoiled. Even if the remake is above mediocre it still takes away from what Halloween once was.

Do us all a favor and leave this one alone.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
rob zombie has sucked the proverbial anus when he stopped White Zombie and became just Rob Zombie.

I was a White Zombie fan back in the day.

I thought Rob Zombie making movie would be great. Then I watched House of 1000 Corpses. I want my money back!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
White Zombie rules(d)

however

Rob Zombie can suck some hobo toes.

oh look its time for fajita, bye for now

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thought I'd revive this old thread of mine and post the new trailer.

I must admit, I think I jumped the gun here. This looks like it's going to be pretty damn good. I don't know if anybody can play Dr. Loomis like Donald Pleasance though (RIP). We'll see how Malcolm McDowell does.

This movie looks like it goes into a little more depth about Michael Myers.

Peace

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Dr Love]

SR

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It looks really good actually i have faith in Rob Zombie he's a fan like us so obviously doesn't want to wreck it bad but at the same time he wants to update it and add his own spin on it. House of 1000 corpses and The devils rejects are great films in my opinon as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Devils Rejects was a little silly IMO, but house of a thousand corpses was great.

I'm actually excited to see how this turns out. If he screws it up, then I'll lose all respect for the man.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
here is the best trailer that ive seen to date, i think it was released during this years Comic-Con. I think this movie is showing more of Michael's past, plus i like that Malcolm McDowell is in it.

also i think the only person that can remake this film is Rob Zombie

check it out
movies.yahoo.com...
not to mention i get the chills when i hear that music at the end

[edit on 16-8-2007 by TeslaFan]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm personally reserving my opinions until AFTER I see the film. I personally love Rob Zombie's other two films (House of 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects). I'm not too keen on remakes, especially horror flicks, but I have faith in Rob. We'll see how this pans out, the trailers look promising.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Call me a cynic...

It's a little early to be remaking a horror classic like "Halloween". Why remake a great movie...take a not so great one, and improve it. That's what remakes should do.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Seems like writers and directors cant think of anything original anymore.
I've even read that they are going to remake "Escape from New York".

Why?I havent the slightest idea.
Its hard to imagin Snake Pliskin played by anyone but Kurt Rusell.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Okay, I'm gonna hafta stick-up for Zombie...

He's NOT re-making Carpenter's movie, so just trash that thought. (Besides that, why pick on Zombie when there have been several Halloween sequels that were absolutely diabolical when compared to the original????
)

From this months' Fangoria:
[Zombie:] "Michael is so different in this movie. I mean, come one, really? Who the # is scared by Michael Myers anymore? ... He's terrifying in the first film, but now he's an action figure, a bobblehead; he's not frightening now." (p. 46)

The point of Zombie's film is to show the psychological damage inflicted on Michael Mane when he was a child, to show how the monster we know from Carpenter's film was created.

He's not re-making anything.

Frankly, I look forward to Zombie's pictures. He's bringing the horror and gore back to scary films. And he's making films that are WORTHY of purchasing and watching again and again!

I can't say that for the pure drivel and #e coming out otherwise...

Hollywood sucks the big one when it comes to horror and gore flicks. I can't stand the braindead, predictable characters (yeah, hide in a closet on the third floor IN the ax-wielding maniac's house... SURELY that'll work!!
Or better yet, run into the woods howling like a cat in heat, looking over your shoulder every 2 seconds, not watching where you're going... and then be surprised when you trip, fall, and get caught.
) The plots are standard and wholly unsurprising (if you know who's going to survive and who's going to die in the first 5 minutes, there's something wrong), the monsters are sub-par and unimaginative, and the fight/gore scenes are quick flashes that are cut short! (Seriously, what's the point of the "bad guy" swingin' a blade if we're not gonna see the blade connecting, or the blood splatter, or the internal organs splayed out?!)

You guys question Zombie?! pfft... 'House of 1000 Corpses' and 'The Devil's Rejects' were, hands-down, Awesome. Has anyone here even SEEN his movies? The most torturous torture scene ever is when Otis is pointing the gun at the cop's head for 23 seconds(!) before finally killing him! (gives me shivers every time because *that* is the very definition of a sick #...)

The only movies that I have that can compare to Zombie's are Chinese films that are banned in the US... (i.e. 'Chinese Torture Story', 'Untold Story')

If y'all aren't gonna be in the theaters, that's just fine -- more room for me.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Diseria]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diseria
Okay, I'm gonna hafta stick-up for Zombie...

He's NOT re-making Carpenter's movie, so just trash that thought.

Oh, he's not? How is that even a possibility since Carpenter didn't just direct the first movie, he wrote the screenplay; in other words, Carpenter created Michael Myers. So how can you say that Zombie is not remaking the film when Zombie himself acknowledges that he pretty much is?

(Besides that, why pick on Zombie when there have been several Halloween sequels that were absolutely diabolical when compared to the original????
)

Because they were sequals; movies that picked up where the first one left off, they weren't re-telling the same original story all over again. I agree with those who think this is a bad idea; who ever said that because a movie can be remade, that it should be? The original is a classic, don;t mess with it. For now, it's only Michael Myers but who will be remade next? Freddy Kreugger? Jason?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
Because they were sequals; movies that picked up where the first one left off, they weren't re-telling the same original story all over again. I agree with those who think this is a bad idea; who ever said that because a movie can be remade, that it should be? The original is a classic, don;t mess with it. For now, it's only Michael Myers but who will be remade next? Freddy Kreugger? Jason?

How is Zombie re-telling the story when he's making a movie about what happens before the original? Did the first one have anything about Michael's childhood?

From what I gather, it's the same as the Hannibal series. The latest one, 'Hannibal Rising' is about his childhood -- how he became the monster we first saw in 'Silence of the Lambs'. 'HR' not re-telling anything from 'SofL', but filling in what we didn't know.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diseria
How is Zombie re-telling the story when he's making a movie about what happens before the original? Did the first one have anything about Michael's childhood?

Well, in the trailer it shows Michael standing there with the bedsheet over his head, just like the original. I think it's a remake for the most part, but it just delves deeper into Michael's psychosis.

Just for the record, I loved all the sequels.:w:

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well, in the trailer it shows Michael standing there with the bedsheet over his head, just like the original. I think it's a remake for the most part, but it just delves deeper into Michael's psychosis.

Fair enough. I haven't seen the trailer. Just read about it in Fangoria. If I remember (as I don't have it near me today), it was said that some parts of the original were re-made so as to add continuity, but the point of the movie was Michael's origins. *shrug*

I might be wrong. (Wouldn't be the first time!
)

I'm just psyched that Zombie's got another flick coming out...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
OK, I saw it and it sucked!

Why is Michael Myers seven feet tall, 350 lbs, in this movie? That was a really bad decision by Zombie. Part of the thing about MM is that he's average size (maybe a little above), but his blind rage and inhumanity gives him almost superhuman strength. Now they put Yao Ming in a mask and he goes around banging people up against the wall the whole movie. Malcolm McDowell sucked as Dr. Loomis. He basically lent nothing to the movie. When the young Michael was killing his family they were playing the Halloween music in the background, it was corny.

This was a really bad movie. John Carpenter should sue somebody for this drivel.

Long live the original!

Peace

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
------May contain spoilers------

Im a big big fan of the original and i didn't like Rob's version at all.

*Lorie wasn't likeable
*Michael appeared dumb
*The whole White trashiness of it all
*The way it seemed Michael was screwd up from his parents insted of just born evil
*Micheal doesn't blend in anywhere
*There was no suspense

And to top it all, the original Michael wouldn't of hesitated for a second to kill Lorie, yet, in this version he spends most of the movie looking for her, then gets her, knocks her out, carries her down the street then and does nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join