It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hindu Ganesha Statues Drinking Milk Again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Almost a decade ago, Hindus all over the world were amazed as spoonfuls of milk offered to statues and figurines of the Hindu god Ganesha dissappeared as if the statue actually drank the milk.

Now it seems the amazing phenomenon is happening across India again.

Crowds Throng to See Hindu Statues Drink
LUCKNOW, India -- Hundreds of thousands of Indians thronged temples across India on Monday in the belief that statues of Hindu gods were drinking milk.

"I put a milk-filled spoon to Ganesha's mouth and he drank it," exclaimed Akhilesh Shukla, a trader in Lucknow, capital of northern Uttar Pradesh state.

He was among the countless devotees who carried milk in glasses and pitchers to northern Indian temples where Hindus worship Ganesha, the elephant-headed god of good fortune and wisdom; Shiva, the destroyer, and Durga, the goddess of strength.

Now many of you might think of this as impossible, but during the last time that this happened, I actually witnessed the milk dissappear from spoons held my mom, grandmother and myself.

I will attempt this later today after doing certain rituals, perhaps my husband will be willing to record it for us. I have brass Ganesha statues, so I'm not sure if it will happen, but I'll check with Granny because she has the traditional clay statues in her home.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In the same above article I noticed this snippett

The drinking gods craze came after thousands of Muslims flocked to a bay in Bombay late Friday and early Saturday to drink "sweet water" -- ordinarily brackish water that was noticeably less salty than usual.

fascinating that another "sign" is being given but this time to muslims

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
That country has no future if it goes like this.Everyone knows that the all rocks absorb liquids.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
clay statues you say? sounds like porous clay statues to me. as for the timing its possible that due the the weather the clay's properties allow it to absorb more moisture than normal.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i dont want to pee on your bonfire but you have failed to highlight the obvious scientific answer given at the bottom of the article:-

At that time, a group of scientists visited a temple in New Delhi and fed a statue milk tinted with dye. The milk was quickly absorbed by the idol, and soon permeated the stone, leaving the statue coated by a colored, milky film.

this is caused by the pores in the stone 'sucking'; if you like, the milk away using the surface tension.

now..if your brass one does it then i will be well impressed and stand corrected.

I do believe strange things we cant explain happen but this aint one of them in my opinion,

regards.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I thought the same thing about the clay statues, but if I remember correctly the last time this happened, clay, porcelain and even brass statues were absorbing the liquid.

some history on this phenomenon
www.crystalinks.com...

library.thinkquest.org...

[edit on 8-22-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool. It does sound like clay. However, if metal, glass, or porcelain statues do the same thing, then you definitely have a serious miracle on your hands.

Regardless, whatever the statue is made of, its still a very spiritual thing, and just because clay absorps the milk does not make it any less spiritual or wonderous an act of giving an offering to ones dieties.

Ganesh is definitely one of the coolest Hindu gods.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Don't want to rain on anyones parade, but being an actual geologist I can tell you with confidence that clay acts as a seal to hold water/liquid, it doesn't absorb liquid like sandstone/siltstone. Now if the clay statues were kiln fired it the statues would act like bricks. Brick can absorb a small amount of liquid over time but not immediately.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is another case of static electricity, and magnetized metals, attracting negative charges from the milk, to the positive charge of the statues.

It's not supernatural, it's superscience.

Does this mean the Hindu religion is sham? It serves an important role to their culture, but you ask 5000 years worth of Hindus.

Next we will here of another statue or Saint Mary crying, in a catholic church somewhere in rural spain, italy, or mexico. Put to the test under controlled conditions scientists can make those statues cry as well.

Blind Faith is funny... Faith with reasoning, is serious...

-ADHD

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
haha, but this isn't the first time this has happened, I hope you have taken the time to read the links, while I'm not a devout Hindu or anything, I find it fascinating that this phenomenon when in occurred in 1995 didn't only happen in India, but was witnessed by Hindus all around the world.

personally I haven't tried yet myself, like I said I'm not a devout Hindu and well certain things in my household need to be in order before I attempt to do any hindu rituals, out of respect for my culture only...

but I promise to try it and post pictures of whatever outcome I get.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If the absorption of the milk is due to the material of which the statues are made then all figurines made of material such as clay should also absorb milk. Are ALL clay figurines doing this, even the ones that are not of Hindu deities? Do clay statues of birds or common ornamental clay figures of elves also "drink" milk in this manner? I have never seen this happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
good question, maybe someone should test that theory out. I would, but I have no clay figurines in my house, my Ganesh is brass, but i'll still give it a go with that...

oh wait, I do have a sandalwood Ganesha too, when I do this, I'll try it with that one too.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
good question, maybe someone should test that theory out. I would, but I have no clay figurines in my house, my Ganesh is brass, but i'll still give it a go with that...

oh wait, I do have a sandalwood Ganesha too, when I do this, I'll try it with that one too.

This is so fascinating.....to have figurines possibly being used as a medium for communication between the spiritual and the earthly. I will be eagerly awaiting the results of your efforts.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Okay, WW, I'm fascinated! Let us know what happened with your sandalwood Ganesh.

Like the others, I can see a natural explaination for this... but the "timing" seems significant. I can think of a hundred different questions!

Do you have some links (in English... silly me can only read English) about how Hindus are reacting to this? I'm assuming that the very religious take it as a miracle (much as very religious Catholics take weeping statues as miracles).. but what about others?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oops!!
Sorry guys! Duplicate post. Now how the devil did this happen??

[edit on 27-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Do you have some links (in English... silly me can only read English) about how Hindus are reacting to this?

Ask me! I'm a Hindu. My take?

IT'S TOTAL BULLSH^T!!

Why are so many Hindus so damned gullible? It makes me sick seeing these uneducated morons (which some are), drinking 'sweet' sea water and going bonkers seeing some stone statue 'drinking' milk.

And then we have the world's best technical brains too!!

Will the twain ever meet?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I found a video for you guys... NOT MINES!!!!! I haven't tried it yet.

www.milkmiracle.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
pretty interesting...

Has anyone concluded any of the following?

1- Does it only happen with the clay statues, or definitely with brass and other materials?

2- Does it only happen with Milk? or other liquids as well?

3- Does it happen with other statues/figures, or only these certain religious ones?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Oops!!
Sorry guys! Duplicate post. Now how the devil did this happen??

See what happens when you call Ganesh's milk miracle B-S????

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join