It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Station and 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have heard the international space station is being expanded quite a bit, and I can't help but wonder about this - maybe the government knows that the earth is in danger, due to the 2012 prediction, so are going to gather a select bunch of people to send up to the space station. These humans will be of all different races with the most diverse genes etc. They will stay in the space station through the possible disaster of 2012, and when it is over and earth settles down again, they will be sent back to repopulate the earth.

This sounds kind of crazy, I know, but it could be possible couldn't it? Post your ideas below, i'm interested to see what other people think.
I hope I posted this in the right topic, sorry if i didn't

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
they say an asteriod or meteor is on collision or might be.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hey, Toxin_64

Yes, the ISS is being expanded quite a bit. Hopefully by 2010 (the year the Space Shuttle is currently set to be retired) construction on the station will be finished. By 2010 its crew will double - from three members to six, and while the life support system may be able to handle more people than that, the crew is limited by the number of Soyuz capsules on station to be used in an emergency. So no, the station - assuming it is completed on schedule, and I think it will be (go ahead, call me gullible) - can't really be used to stash away the best and brightest in case of an emergency.

For more information about the ISS, including scheduled launch of components and construction milestones, check out these sites:
NASA's ISS Page
Wikipedia's ISS Article

To atlantian149: Who is this "they" who are saying that "an asteriod or meteor is on collision or might be" on the horizon? Because "they" are, well, wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hmm good point man, but do you think they will store human DNA and genetic material and stuff up there?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Short Answer: No one is going to store DNA on the ISS in preparation for 2012 or anything else because: 1) It would be both foolish and impractical and; 2) Nothing is going to happen in 2012.

Long Answer:I suppose that NASA, ESA, RKA, et. al. could store human genetic material on the ISS if it amused them, and if they had nothing more compelling to do with their time and our money, but there really isn't any reason for them to do so. When you talk about "the 2012 prediction" I assume that you are talking about either the end of the 13th b'ak'tun of the Mayan Long Count Calendar (which occurs on December 21, 2012), or else Terrance McKenna's Novelty Report, which predicts an end to something usually termed "our current historical period" on the same date.

Supposedly McKenna arrived at the 12/21/2012 date without being aware of the Mayan calendar, which is an interesting coincidence but probably nothing more. In any case the end of the 13 b'ak'tun WAS a significant date for the Maya, but only in the same way that the year 2000 was a significant date for most Western countries: culturally it was a nice, important, psychologically satisfying number. Wikipedia has a decent primer on the Mayan calendar if you're interested, and the references on the bottom link to a number of more scholarly, detailed resources.

There is no evidence that anything literally or figuratively Earth-shattering is going to happen on December 21, 2012. Even if there was, however, the ISS would be a pretty poor place to keep samples of humanity's DNA: people (as well as DNA samples) in LEO are exposed to about 27 times as much radiation as are people on the Earth's surface. That's not as bad as it sounds, frankly - we're not exposed to much on Earth as it is - but if you're putting all your eggs in one basket, LEO's not the place to stick the basket.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
lol 1.if anything is to happon in 2012 the governmint dose no about it allready and has allready taken steps to prepair for it.2.no dam astroid is going to hit the earth not in any of our life times....the governmint has countless trillions! of dollers....not to menchon advanced technolgy and lots top secret bases oh and the aliens who have been here for so long working with the govermint.....if anything was gonna hit the earth im sure the governmint would distroy it or get the aliens to help us out...afater all we are no good to anyone dead....wut you should really be concerned about is the third world war because its gonna screw everything up alot more then some big space rock or some stupied myan calinder date..or wut ever it was....eather way WW3 WILL! happon and probley sonner then most of us want to belive.....i recomend spending more time saveing and storeing food and weapons then some space station that will fall to the earth and burn if noone was on the earth to controll it....jut somthing to think about

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
^
If something was going to happen in 2012, how would the government know about it? It's 2006, they can't see into the future anymore than any other human.

Originally posted by atlantian149
they say an asteriod or meteor is on collision or might be.

Who is they? 'They' could say anything and everything.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
its all because of the starcraft.
[one sentenced posts are frowned upon at ATS, especially nonsense ones like the one above]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by toxin_64

So how do you suppose they will get back to earth after the disaster?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Isn't the ISS simply a mock mission, a fake, fraud for the DirecTV viewers?
Houston we have a problem.

Regards,

-map

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If an asteroid was going to hit the earth, the ISS would be taken out by the force of the impact. The ISS could actually be a launchpad from which other space vehicles can be launched further into space with much lower cost as they can from Earth due to the absence of escape velocity to overcome. Also countless billions (nothing compared to the amount given to the criminals that run the banking system) are being invested into research on how things work, the body functions and plants grow etc in space. I think the proverbial THEY are planning much further in the future than 2012.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
What if it is they plan to use it as a way station. A layover before moving on to Mars or the moon. It may be to far to shuttle people and goods straight to other planets so they may need a lay over spot. Wild idea huh?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by toxin_64

alternative 4

nuff said.

//ahem//

-

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by StephenR
...afater all we are no good to anyone dead....

Considering that the elite's Georgia Guidestones say that "the world's population shall not exceed 500,000,000", I'd say they value us more dead than alive.

I doubt that the ISS would be used as a Noah's ark if the SHTF. They have their bunkers, Moon bases and most likely on Mars as well.

[edit on 11/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Lately there have been several key developments that need questioning and answers. The Space Station has been continually in the process of being built now for probably 20 or so years. Right now it appears to have turned into a large "coalition project" of the US, Russia, Europe, Japan and maybe others. Just how big the Space Station will eventually be or what is the ultimate goal of the space station is not told to The People, nor talked about in the media. But it seems like a lot of work is going on "up there". Plus you have the Mars, Venus, Saturn and other space probes working "up there" at a quickening pace. And you have many sightings of UFOs all over the world, plus all of the crop circle stuff, which are never addressed in the corporate controlled media in any serious way. Now how do all these billions of dollars being spent on the Space Station and space probes benefit the 6 billion poor human "slaves" on this planet? How is this benefiting the 30,000,000 human beings, mostly children, who die of starvation every year? There is no benefit. In fact it is robbing the "slaves" of hundreds of billions of dollars that could be used to help wipe out poverty in the U.S.A. and every other country and to prevent so many millions of humans from dieing of starvation! So one may ask "who is making the decisions as to why all this effort is being done and for what reasons and goals? Who is planning and coordinating all of this? In other words "what is going on up there and for whose benefit is all this for?"

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Here is another conspiracy. Notice how very little of this "space station" or any of what is really going on "out there" is made known to the "common man".

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Agree mostly, DNA on the space station, moon and Mars with one more on route to the nearest likely inhabitable planet. (Just in case) With an AI to make sure the seeds are not wasted.
Has anybody heard of a prophecy predicting a great change when the first city is in the sky? I don't think it was Casey (not his style) anyway I figure the space station may queeze in as qualifing the definition. Added to the 2012 Mayan calender and a mutating pandemic currently circling the planet. I must say we are living in interesting times.

new topics

top topics

join