It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UK broke international law

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   


UK 'breached international law'
A plane takes off at Prestwick Airport
Arms-carrying planes have refuelled at Prestwick Airport in Scotland
The British government could face claims it violated international humanitarian laws by allowing US arms flights to Israel to use UK airports.

The Islamic Human Rights Commission (IHRC) is seeking permission to contest government bodies over what it says are crimes against the Geneva Convention.
full story here link

what are the odd's that no charges are ever brought? in the same way that Isreal will never be charged with war crimes for using cluster bombs in a heavily populated area, this to will just be buried




posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
World we live in I guess



posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Should be changed to read "Tony Blair broke international law". After all, it was he who allowed those flights to use Prestwick after the rest of Europe and Ireland refused landing rights. Nothing to do with the British people, we didn't have a say in the matter



posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
what are the odd's that no charges are ever brought?


Oooo, about 1,000,000 to 1?


Originally posted by solidshot
in the same way that Isreal will never be charged with war crimes for using cluster bombs in a heavily populated area, this to will just be buried


Hell, listening to the war mongers on this site, you know the Lebanese deserved it. After all, they started it didn't they? They always do...every time.. without exception. Right?


The good thing is that the general public in the UK want nothing to do with any of this, as shown by Labour's 19 year-low rating today...

Tories open 9 point lead

Enjoy your holiday Mr. Blair, you will be taking an extended one very soon.



posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
But if the Tories get in - and the word is that the Bilderbergers are backing Cameron, which makes it quite likely - that just means that the UK gov will continue to bumlick Bush and whoever succeeds him. It certainly won't take us out of this spurious "war on terror".



posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Should be changed to read "Tony Blair broke international law".

Whover you want as the subject of the sentence the most important change required is to insert a question mark at the end please. I am not aware that either the UK in general or Mr. Blair in particular have yet been found guilty of any breach of international law.


Nothing to do with the British people, we didn't have a say in the matter


Yes we did, we elected his party to power. Democracy is a many faceted jewel isn't it.



posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
But if the Tories get in - and the word is that the Bilderbergers are backing Cameron, which makes it quite likely - that just means that the UK gov will continue to bumlick Bush and whoever succeeds him. It certainly won't take us out of this spurious "war on terror".


Agree 100%, but do you have a source for the Bilderberg backing? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest as this current government is acting like they WANT to lose the next election!



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join