It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House uses London 'terror plot' to drive legislation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The White House pushes for a tough anti-terror law and orders an appeal of the decision on NSA surveillance.

WASHINGTON - A federal court's rejection of President Bush's warrantless wiretapping program, on the heels of the alleged London bomb plot, is adding momentum to the administration's push for congressional approval of tough counterterrorism proposals, including authorizing warrantless wiretapping of suspected terrorists and restricting detainee rights.

Speaking with reporters Friday at the Camp David retreat in Maryland, Bush said, "Those who herald this decision simply do not understand the nature of the world in which we live."I strongly disagree with that decision, strongly disagree," he said. "That's why I instructed the Justice Department to appeal immediately, and I believe our appeals will be upheld."

Bush's advisers and allies argue that passage of a measure that explicitly authorizes the National Security Agency program would answer key elements of Thursday's ruling. At the same time, the disrupted London plot is fueling another message: that tough policies in dealing with terror suspects are necessary to combat the continuing threat of terrorism.

www.startribune.com...

I knew this would happen. It was merely a preplanned problem > reaction > solution.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Seems like the M.O. of how the Elite operate. Order out of Chaos. Ordo Ab Chao. Create the chaos; destroy the status quo; then you can offer your new order to replace the previous status quo. Works all the time, so why would they stop using it?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You know this is nothing new right??

They did it to get a gun bill passed soon after OKC.
They did it after 9/11 to push PA I.
They did it during that attacks in London on 7/7 to push PA II.

And the list goes on and on and on.............

So in other words as I said before, what to see what bills are coming up that they really need to get pushed and there should be something in the news about some type of attack or throttled attack.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The question is, what are we going to do about it?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The same thing we have done the last 10 billion times they pulled this crap...

The answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT A GOD DAMN THING!!!

You know why we aren't going to do a damn thing about it.

Here is your reasons why.

1) Most Americans could care less.
2) Most Americans would rather watch what star is getting skinnier on tv or vote for some moron in some stupid rigged competition.(referring to American idol and that stupid show on vh1 my g/f watches.)
3) Most Americans think as long as it isn't happening to them wtf should they care.
4) As we have seen already with a lazy America the government can do whatever the hell they want.
and the last but best one.

5) We would rather give up some of our liberties to can some security.
But in the end we deserve neither and lost both. I love that quote.

So there you have it, as an American you can actually tell me that any of these are wrong?? I think not... I ment I know not...

Reference to quote.

Originally Stated By Benjamin Franklin
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That's right. But this apathy is disgraceful, don't you think?

I'm not advocating anything but something should be done, merely reading up about this stuff and knowing is not enough.

Infact, it's almost useless

top topics

join