It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Power of Saints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I expect you not to judge me or relieve me.
I was an alcoholic and stuck in a hotel that promised no view of home in a long time. I fell into a state of direpair when I realized I was possesed.
I knew I was because of the thoughts I was thinking.
I quit the job that gave me the opportunity Nuance Audio and fled to my friends house in Barrie Ontario.
It was a ASunday night and I prayed to Saint Micheal to excise what was in me and I fely a burning and a freedom.
As a Catholic, I demanded absolution, I demanded peace.
I summoned all the angels in heaven to deal with this.
They came

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Congradulations! First hand is the only hand to understand such an experience. Good luck...
AAC

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hi cbs777

The power of Saints dates back to the Old Testament.
And arrives in the New Testament....

In times of despair, prayer don't hurt.

It is always possible to make a new start by means of repentance. "You fell," it is written, "now arise"(cf. Prov. 24:16).
And if you fall again, then rise again, without despairing at all of your salvation, no matter what happens. So long as you do not surrender yourself willingly to the enemy, your patient endurance, combined with self-reproach, will suffice for your salvation.
"For at one time we ourselves went astray in our folly and disobedience," says St. Paul. "... Yet He saved us, not because of any good things we had done, but in His mercy" (Tit. 3:3,5). St. Peter of Damaskos, Philokalia, Vol. 3

Gleanings from Orthodox Christians and the Holy fathers

quote/
"And He (God) gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" (Ephesians 4:11-12).

Although many do not believe in the power and prayer of Saints, it is written in the Old Testament that the Prayer of the faithful God hears.......
When in prayer, we ask for help in prayer with us ...for when we see our weakness, we allow the prayers of others to assist....not to replace the prayer to God, but to have support in the time of need.
Like when friends help each other out .......help is offered and is not seen as a weakness on our part to not accept their help...

Take care,
helen

join