It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your Mission Statement in Life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My Mission Statement in Life is a concise 3-word sentence: TO LOVE ALL!!!

What is your Mission Statement in Life? Keep it to one sentence.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thats a good statment Tech.

I guess at first thought would be Do unto others.. I have a golden rule look on life.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here's mine and no it's not original. Frequently attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson, but that's disputed.

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
>LINK

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There are two things I absolutely must do; die, and accept responsibility for my actions.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Mine comes out of Colossians, and sadly I don't always follow it.

Colossians 3:17:

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
To live on the edge between sanity and insanity, creation and destruction, and to leave a wake of chaos in my wake.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
...a wake in a wake? Won't they cancel each other out?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
To life to the fullest and hope that that's enough in this always competetive world of ours.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
risitar, do you believe that Life is a competition? Do you believe that we compete for Heaven? Or is it predestination?

I do not believe Life is a competition and I believe that all of us can perform acts that Glorify GOD in Heaven.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Risitar, do you believe that Life is a competition? Do you believe that we compete for Heaven? Or is it predestination?

I do not believe Life is a competition and I believe that all of us can perform acts that Glorify GOD in Heaven.

Yes I do because I have reason to believe that even God gets bored. Evolution, although probably false, exists in some minute form and especially with the concept of reincarnation. A complicated world we live in and its only like that so as to make sure that life does not dare to lend itself to being stale for your God is the living God (as is everyone's of course).

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You sound like those huge posters in Hard Rock cafe's.

"Love All Serve All," "All Is One" I wonder who owns hard rock or came up with that mantra to be used in all their locations..? Anyways its nice, but kinda strange as well. Like maybe I should shave my head and put on a toga to eat there..

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hi Great Tech.....

Well,
My mission in life would have to be to seek truthfullness above all, even if it may involve Hurt!
So,here goes........

One sentence..................
I always stand by ''Faith Hope and Love.''

Faith..........To Have faith In God,not only in words, but with action.
Faith without works is dead!

Hope..........To have in one's heart what may be.......always hoping for an ending that will benefit us inwardly ,rather then externally.

Love...........a beginning and an end all to all matters in life.....the intention of true love.

'Shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works' (James 2:18),

''Man's patience gives birth to hope; good hope will glorify him.
Early Fathers From the Philokalia

''If I do this and that, but have no true love , it will profit me nothing'' (see >I Cor. 13:1:3 for full quote/)

'Let us not love in word or tongue but in action and truth'' (I John 3:18).
The Philokalia Vol. 4

Every work which does not have love as its beginning and root, is nothing. (Early Fathers teachings...Saint John Chrysostom:Golden mouth)

sorry, for the long sentence!

helen
(One sentence..................
I always stand by ''Faith Hope and Love.'')

EDIT above....Try to always 'stand' we all Fall.

[edit on 8/27/2006 by helen670]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
helen670, excellent statement, but I believe there is no "end of Life", unless you mean human, animal, and plant Life on Earth. In a higher definition of Life, there is no end, where we Live within the Glory of God in Heaven, serving and worshiping for Eternity!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

helen670, excellent statement, but I believe there is no "end of Life", unless you mean human, animal, and plant Life on Earth. In a higher definition of Life, there is no end, where we Live within the Glory of God in Heaven, serving and worshiping for Eternity!!!

Yes, earthly life, Great Tech......
One's 'Soul' will live on.....body will return to where it came from....and the Soul will reap the rewards according to ones earthly life.

I guess that's why we need 'faith, hope and Love'.

helen

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Do you know why God created faith in the first place? Just like why he created gravity, so as to be of immense help in fixing mankind's huge flaw of always being bored. Having faith does work by the way and it amazes me of how some people think that there is a group of people out there that has more rights than some. They don't and no such people exist including Jesus (probably because he could care less, but you get the idea).

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
To pwnz0r @ the game called Life

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
ps: not this one, but actual one in which I exist

that is all

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think we can all agree with you on that one Lysergic. Hysterical because of the tremendously frank honesty! I have delved perhaps too deep when comparing my thoughts of this at times haughty and vague subject when compared to your more simplisitc responses.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by risitar]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
To each their pwn.

why settle for 2nd or 3rd best, when we all have the potential to please ourselves and make our lives into what we want, sure we might have excuses as to why we fail and its never our fault, but in the end. Only we/you/I can make ourselves happy.

might get pwned on the way but we can always keep plugging away.

To Living Well!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I assume this isn't original, but this is my 'mission-statement' ... TO BE ALL...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join