Scum of the Century Award: Fox News

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sunday morning.

It wasn't as if Fox News didn't have anything to talk about.

There were attacks in Iraq, the latest economic doldrums, the latest B.S. Hollywood box-office cliche's, etc.

But Fox News, the flagship of disinformation and heresay, had the the inkling of starting off the 8:00 AM news cycle with the complete and total fabricated nonsense about Hillary Clinton running for President of the United States in 2004, something virtually every pundit and news organization and their brother/sister had called off officially until 2008.

No, but thats not good enough for Fox News, who has the gumption to fabricate every single god damn story off the news wire that never existed. No, for this day it was just proof yet again, that Fox is far beyond "Fair and Balanced," (if anyone had still been deluded still anyhow) but is obviously a Republican, paranoia outlet designed to freak out their mentally marginalized Christian Conservative audience
who are are still bent on hating Bill and Hillary.

No, it did not matter that the heresay had absolutely NO BASIS in fact, timeliness,newsworthiness, political relevance, or even tabloidish interest, at this point. But it might have been just enough to keep the ignorant, selective and prejudiced viewships attention span together for a few minutes more so that Rupert Murdoch could cram just a few seconds more of Bush Adminstration war propaganda down the throats of fearful Americans who already don't have enough horse sense to see that the drug-addled Limbaugh is a hippocrite, a liar, and a downright fraud.

No, Fox News is intent on keeping America ignorant, misinformed and lied to on such a consistent basis, that, they must actively keep its narrow viewership, perpetually lied to, so that no truth is ever peeking its ugly head into the spectrum of information, should any of their watchers dare to get a clue and change the channel.

So on Sunday it was scare the viewers with Hillary running which is a total fabrication, then switch to the war on Iraq, which is another lie the Bush got people to believe in its necessity, and go on with some Bill Bennett commentary, another complete moralist fraud, selling millions of books on "The Book of Virtues" and then spending millions at Vegas with a gambling addiction.

But you would never know it from the complicity of the scandalized, tabloidish, and fictionalized print press. Thay are so trapped in their own schemes of duplicitous fabrication any unsuspecting American would be dull enough to think its the norm.

Land of the free, home of the brave.




posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith


But Fox News, the flagship of disinformation and heresay...


wow this is like a whopper is worse than a big mac in terms of its fat content. with BS being spread by ALL the news broadcasters....its rather stupid to say one is is a speader of disinformation as if the others dont do this.

do you criticize the other news orginizations as much as you do fox? i'm betting no.

try questioning them all once in awhile, as they are all suspect at one time or another.

or simply stop watching fox....




posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Anyone hear that Faux News wanted to sue Groeing? That's how loony Faux News is...they're willing to sue their own..

A simpson episode featured these items on the ticker:

POINTLESS NEWS CRAWLS UP 37 PERCENT ... DO DEMOCRATS CAUSE CANCER? FIND OUT AT FOXNEWS.COM ... RUPERT MURDOCH: TERRIFIC DANCER ... DOW DOWN 5000 POINTS ... STUDY: 92 PERCENT OF DEMOCRATS ARE GAY ... JFK POSTHUMOUSLY JOINS REPUBLICAN PARTY ... OIL SLICKS FOUND TO KEEP SEALS YOUNG, SUPPLE ... DAN QUALYE: AWESOME ... ASHCROFT DECLARES BREAST OF CHICKEN SANDWICH "OBSCENE" ... HILLARY CLINTON EMBARRASSES SELF, NATION ... BIBLE SAYS JESUS FAVORED CAPITAL-GAINS CUT ... STAY TUNED FOR HANNITY AND IDIOT ... ONLY DORKS WATCH CNN ... JIMMY CARTER: OLD, WRINKLY, USELESS ... BRAD PITT + ALBERT EINSTEIN = DICK CHENEY ... RIGHT WING OF CHICKEN




posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith
Sunday morning.
But Fox News, the flagship of disinformation and heresay, had the the inkling of starting off the 8:00 AM news cycle with the complete and total fabricated nonsense about Hillary Clinton running for President of the United States in 2004, something virtually every pundit and news organization and their brother/sister had called off officially until 2008.


I was of the same mind you are....however I saw a link on the Federal Election Commission website where Hillary has filed to collect funds. You can find the link here:
herndon1.sdrdc.com...

What do you think of that?



posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not again, yet annother one that we have to beat the programming out of him. This is so tiring.

Some days I feel like giving up to the left wing looneys.

Let them destroy the world in 10 years.

Why always the cheap shots with you people? Can you never make an adult discussion or debate?



posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Let them destroy the world in 10 years.

Ummmm...Haven't you noticed yet that even with the Right Wing in control of this country that the nation & the world in general is sliding downhill faster than ever?...

If this is supposed to be the "status quo" the Right Wingers want to support, then I'd like to tell them "Get off my Planet before you ruin it! It's the only Home we have & your taking it straight to Hell!"



posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Perhaps the reason people like Fox News is that they subconsciously can't face how #ed up the world is, so that they must turn to a channel that just makes up lies and scandal and turns the whole thing into friggin Geraldo.

Cause if said people actually had an education, they'd see that type of yellow journalism for what it is, attack, and slander hack journalism.

Who, by the way installed Shaun Hannity as the right-wing focal point of the network? Some Australian #head named Murdoch who doesn't have a clue what being American is, and is only interested in tabloid and exploitation for ratings sake, not facts.



[Edited on 5-11-2003 by darkwraith]

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by darkwraith]



posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
All I know is Bill O'Reilly is the biggest blowhard I've probably ever heard. I mean, I used to watch the O'Reilly factor - pre-9-11.. Whenever he started talking about foreign policy I would just laugh. He doesn't know his azz from a hole in the ground in that arena. After 9-11 I couldn't stand watching him anymore. I've glanced him from time to time and it's just ridiculous the things he says. He's as Nazi as Hitler. They ought to run him on back down to Inside Edition/tabloid journalism - where he belongs.



posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

Originally posted by darkwraith


But Fox News, the flagship of disinformation and heresay...


wow this is like a whopper is worse than a big mac in terms of its fat content. with BS being spread by ALL the news broadcasters....its rather stupid to say one is is a speader of disinformation as if the others dont do this.

do you criticize the other news orginizations as much as you do fox? i'm betting no.

try questioning them all once in awhile, as they are all suspect at one time or another.

or simply stop watching fox....



the



posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Sometimes I agree with Bill, it's very rare cause hiphop is my culture and he's trying to destroy it. But today, omg, he pissed me off talking about partial birth abortions. Now, I'm pro-life of course, but this idiot said that overturning this bill is more of a threat to civil liberties than the patriot act. I threw a pillow at my tv and vowed never to turn that garbage on again. He couldn't really believe that. Less than one percent of abortions done in the US are the so called partial birth kind that means this bill has no effect on most of the nation and it will be overturned because it's unconstitutional and the Supreme Court already ruled that way. It's a waste of paper and ink and to even attempt to compare it to the Patriot Act--he's an idiot, and its no wonder that most of the people that watch faux news are misinformed, can we get a little reality...I should have put this on bts in the rant section...sorry, I'm done now, though.



posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The problem with the propaganda of Fox and clear channel is that they want us to live by their standards of morality.



posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ya but, is there any actual news service that doesn't have some form of wrongness somewhere? If there was a perfect news service, I'd love to watch it...



posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Sometimes I agree with Bill, it's very rare cause hiphop is my culture and he's trying to destroy it. But today, omg, he pissed me off talking about partial birth abortions. Now, I'm pro-life of course, but this idiot said that overturning this bill is more of a threat to civil liberties than the patriot act. I threw a pillow at my tv and vowed never to turn that garbage on again. He couldn't really believe that. Less than one percent of abortions done in the US are the so called partial birth kind that means this bill has no effect on most of the nation and it will be overturned because it's unconstitutional and the Supreme Court already ruled that way. It's a waste of paper and ink and to even attempt to compare it to the Patriot Act--he's an idiot, and its no wonder that most of the people that watch faux news are misinformed, can we get a little reality...I should have put this on bts in the rant section...sorry, I'm done now, though.


O'Reilly infuriated me back when he did that pre-9-11 interview with Russell Simmons of Run DMC (one of my all-time faves). He's got his head stuck so far up his own azz he doesn't know shizzit about shizzit. He's a joke and like I said before, the only job he should have in "Journalism" is working for some tabloid. Even that would lower their stock.



posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Funny how you only know wierdos on the internet who watch Fox News but in real life, I don't know any.

In the virtual world, fiction is reality. Here you can write a book and say its a best-seller even though it really isn't because some rich bastard bought it in bulk.
Thats why on some New York Times best-seller lists, their is a little cross next to the title of the book. It indicates a book bought in bulk. An example of this would be Ann Coulter's "Treason." The rich repugs only want to give you the impression that she is popular.

Same way you can fabricate ratings and popularity of a scumbag like Shaun Hannity. I'm sure next to no one listens to that weasels bull# program, which is 95% fact free. Murdoch must have real connections to get all the scum to come out of the woodwork for his shyte tabloid news channel.





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join