It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking possibilities of interstellat space travel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Space is not empty. It is filled with dust, as you may know. The only way possible, excepting wormholes and/or blackholes (which are theoretical), to travel out side of our solar system would be to travel at lightspeed. At this speed, a collision with one of these pieces of "space dust" would cause a collision impact equal to the force of 24 hydrogen bombs. Hope this proves to be enlightening.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by x daedalus x]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh yeah, so enlightening. I'm sure there is absolutely no way for us to deflect dust. /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No such technology exists as of yet.
Additionally, if we had the capability, it would still take approximately 138,000 years to reach even the nearest star in our galaxy.
It's impossible.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by x daedalus x
Additionally, if we had the capability, it would still take approximately 138,000 years to reach even the nearest star in our galaxy.
It's impossible.

Sounds like you're picking and choosing which currently non-existant technology exists, as neither FTL nor FAL technology exists either...

EDIT TO ADD: And your 138K years to the nearest star is pretty wrong... I'll let you do the research on that one yourself though. Consider it a learning experience.

[edit on 8/21/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by x daedalus x
It's impossible.

read the post above mine

and think about it without having all those pre-concieved notions get in the way

and dont forget what everyone told the Wright Brothers before they proved everyone dead wrong

also you said
" The only way possible, excepting wormholes and/or blackholes (which are theoretical), to travel out side of our solar system would be to travel at lightspeed."

not true you can do it at 1 centimeter per billion years, it would just take a few quatrillion years to accomplish it

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
[Edit] You know what, not even worth it.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by TheGoodDoctorFunk]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Just because I'm not sure the original poster will do there research, I shall state the follwoing.

The closest star to our own is Alpha Cnetauri, which is only four lightyears away.
Hence at 99psl (Percent the Speed fo Light), it would only take about four and a half years travel.

Your thread title is misleading, as it seems like your saying your debunking theoreticsal SuperLuminal propulsion techniques.

Also, if you had an Electro-Magnetic deflecto field, you could just push the dust out of the way.
Either that or have a thick impact shield.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Just because I'm not sure the original poster will do there research, I shall state the follwoing.

The closest star to our own is Alpha Cnetauri, which is only four lightyears away.
Hence at 99psl (Percent the Speed fo Light), it would only take about four and a half years travel.

Your thread title is misleading, as it seems like your saying your debunking theoreticsal SuperLuminal propulsion techniques.

Also, if you had an Electro-Magnetic deflecto field, you could just push the dust out of the way.
Either that or have a thick impact shield.

If you can disrupt time and space like a blackhole you can travel anywhere at any given time.

A three engine gravity disruptor is the technical standard of intergalatic travel for any extraterrestrial species. To humans this is all theoritical and only physicists can understand that basic and barely the advance principles of a gravity distruptor.

Basically you need a great understanding of anti-matter and a perfectly stable atom. Something which is possible but a very insignificant scale of production by humans.

And almost all extraterrestrial craft are driven telepathically, as all or almost all extraterrestrials are telepathic.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Deepest apologies. I have been severely misinformed.

new topics

top topics

join