It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'the exodus decoded'...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
I remember seeing something like this a few months ago, can't remember the name of the show or even which channel carried it.

Could this have been aired previously?

yes it way aired previously (in canada)...

It ran for two hours and was first aired in Canada on April 16, (Easter Day) 2006.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There are quite a number of problems with the documentary -- as people have noted frequently, the filmmaker presents a bit of speculation and then goes on to teach it as fact.

Here is a fascinating dialogue between the editor at the Biblical Archaeology Society (who has a problem with the documentary) and the filmmaker, discussing some of the problems with the film:
www.bib-arch.org...

Another site goes into more detail about the stele (used as "proof" of the plagues) and the fact that the speculation in the film is the result of inaccurate interpretation:
www.heardworld.com...

This second site is very specific on the more severe historical problems in the film, including ignoring some of the known written history of the Pharoah Ahmose.

I watched part of it, but the glaring errors were more than I wanted to put up with. The people at the sites listed above spent time reviewing it and commparing it to known history... some of you may find the remarks enlightning.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
byrd...

you are just the ATSer that i wanted to respond to this thread

i will read your links with great detail friend...

so, your final review about this documentary is that it is not worth watching because it has great errors???

i thought it was great (but i am not well informed in this area)...

if this documentary had these great errors, then why is it aired to millions of people???

now we have the conspiracy aspect of it

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I watched it and they openly admitted to playing with the dates to fit their theory. It was an interesting watch, but it was what it was...T.V.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
I watched it and they openly admitted to playing with the dates to fit their theory. It was an interesting watch, but it was what it was...T.V.

your first sentence is true...

i am going to have to go against your second sentence because, i think, it is wrong...

if it was just "t.v," (and, based on your words, the programs can lie) then how could these channels (the history channel, the discovery channel, the national geographic channel, etc) exist???

wouldn't the viewers (some of them at least) become aware that some of these programs have errors (and maybe even lie)???

that would be a huge problem

fixing the date a bit doesn't negate the theory all-together...

again, i will have to read byrd's links and then comment about this more (i.e. tomorrow probably)...

Cug

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

fixing the date a bit doesn't negate the theory all-together...

Actually the date is the cornerstone of all the ideas in the program.

If the date is wrong then Ahmose was not the pharaoh of the Exodus. The Hyksos expulsion was not the Israelites expulsion from Egypt. Santorini was not the cause of the plagues and on and on.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I watched about 90% of it, was a great show.
I got preoccupied at the end when they started talking abut Mt. Cyanide (I know thats wrong), but I did see the part about the ark of the covenant at the end.

I honestly see it as very plausable, and would'nt be surprised if a good amount was correct.

Also, it was'nt from a purely scientific angle, there was the one mid-east looking guy that was a touch religious, and how he said that perhaps, god, within all it's wisdom caused the eruption that led to the exodus.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
I didn't get to see it...

And did they find any physical evidence of the Hebrews being used as slaves?

Actually, yes. They were excavating a part of the hebrew slaves' quarters, and found very interesting inscriptions. Exodus tells us that one of the main differences between the Hebrews and Egyptians was that Egyptians wrote in hieroglyphics, while the Hebrew slaves wrote in Hebrew. The word God, in Hebrew, is translated into El.

Inside of the slave quarters, they found an inscription deep inside the cave which said "Save Me God" in Hebrew (and ultimately, he was saved). Obviously, the slave who wrote that was Hebrew, not non-existent as you claim. If the Egyptians did not keep Hebrew slaves, how did that little note get there? The "Save Me God" writing was not the only Hebrew inscription found, dozens more were found carved inside of the cave.

Furthermore, Moses and the slaves may have not traveled across the "Red Sea" as many claim. Due to a translation error, it may have been the "Reeds Sea". If Moses and them did not travel across the red sea, it blows your theory out of the water, since the Kabbalistic Story uses the Red Sea.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

if it was just "t.v," (and, based on your words, the programs can lie) then how could these channels (the history channel, the discovery channel, the national geographic channel, etc) exist???

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to say that everything on those channels is false, but they do have many programs like the one we are discussing now, where dates are twisted, facts omittted, etc, etc.

wouldn't the viewers (some of them at least) become aware that some of these programs have errors (and maybe even lie)???

Is that not precisely what this thread is an example of?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Posted by Tamahu

"The Kabbalistic symbolism related to all this is much more detailed.
However this is just one major aspect of it."

Thanks Tamahu, I understand the meaning of Teth and the Number 9, I did not know the symbolism of the passing of the Red Sea.

Moses, was he not supposed to be a priest of the Pharaoh Akhenaten?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
Actually the date is the cornerstone of all the ideas in the program.

If the date is wrong then Ahmose was not the pharaoh of the Exodus. The Hyksos expulsion was not the Israelites expulsion from Egypt. Santorini was not the cause of the plagues and on and on.

that is true...

here is a stretch that may help my side of the argument:

let's say a group of people (the hyksos for example) were expelled from egypt, then, years later, the hebrews found out about it and wrote about it but revised it and added the hebrews to the story...

if the only thing that was changed from the original story (the actual hyksos expulsion for example) was the addition of the hebrews (and thus the deletion of the hyksos), and all the plagues and etc occurred, wouldn't this still be a great story that has some divine weight???

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Is that not precisely what this thread is an example of?

yupp...

[edit on 24-8-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
... Anybody going to try countering my post, or just keep ignoring it.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Actually, yes. They were excavating a part of the hebrew slaves' quarters, and found very interesting inscriptions. Exodus tells us that one of the main differences between the Hebrews and Egyptians was that Egyptians wrote in hieroglyphics, while the Hebrew slaves wrote in Hebrew. The word God, in Hebrew, is translated into El.

Inside of the slave quarters, they found an inscription deep inside the cave which said "Save Me God" in Hebrew (and ultimately, he was saved). Obviously, the slave who wrote that was Hebrew, not non-existent as you claim. If the Egyptians did not keep Hebrew slaves, how did that little note get there? The "Save Me God" writing was not the only Hebrew inscription found, dozens more were found carved inside of the cave.

Well I don't disbelieve, nor do I believe that they found as much "evidence" as you say...

So I'll have to research it for myself and see what I come up with.

Furthermore, Moses and the slaves may have not traveled across the "Red Sea" as many claim. Due to a translation error, it may have been the "Reeds Sea". If Moses and them did not travel across the red sea, it blows your theory out of the water, since the Kabbalistic Story uses the Red Sea.

No it doesn't "blow it out of the water".

Because like I said, it is symbolic.

The sea, waters, etc. are almost always in reference to the Waters of Life, "the Chaos", Chaotic Waters, etc. in reference to the Sexual Waters.

The "Red" part does add potency to the symbolism, as red is the color of passion.

Either way, there is still the reference to Water, whether a physical event of crossing the Red Sea or a Sea of Reeds happened or not.

Reeds also have much symbolism in the Kemetian Mysteries, therefore making it relevant to the Torah because...

Originally posted by Ersatz
Posted by Tamahu

"The Kabbalistic symbolism related to all this is much more detailed.
However this is just one major aspect of it."

Thanks Tamahu, I understand the meaning of Teth and the Number 9, I did not know the symbolism of the passing of the Red Sea.

Moses, was he not supposed to be a priest of the Pharaoh Akhenaten?

I'm not sure which of the Shekemu Musa studied under.

But the Bible itself says that Musa "was learned in ALL the Wisdom of the Egyptians".

Which is a pretty significant statement, as the transmission of Knowledge-Wisdom from Priest to Disciple in the Holy of Holies of the Kemetian Temples is something very Occult(Occult means "Hidden", AMEN means the "One who is hidden").

Therefore strong evidence for the arguement that Moses received the teachings of the Kemetic Tree of Life, and dressed said teachings with new names, while still preserving the same underlying principles(for example: the Archangels, Angels, Elohim, Seraphim, Cherubim, etc. are none other than different names for the various Kemetian Neteru or Gods).

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Besides the fact that the two stories contain the imagery of water, what else can possibly correlate them to each other?

The angels, seraphim, and cherubim are in an Order of their own. Their jobs, powers, purpose, and descriptions are in no way similar to the egyptian deities.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Whether it is "Red" or "Reed"(it's funny how the two come out to be so similiar in English, considering that English was made to be an esoteric language to begin with in that it was meant to have words that can be related to Ancient Religious terms; though I'm not necessarily implying that this is the case here), is not so much relevant; as the WATER is the main aspect of the symbolism.

And like I said, Reeds are an important aspect of Kemetian symbolism.

Water is also Wisdom, and true Wisdom is not possible without Chastity(the Transmutation of the Sexual Waters), as seen in the last pic I posted of the Kemetian and Buddhist Wisdom coming from the Tree of Life.

One example of an Archangel having correspondence to a Kemetian Neter, is that the gist of the symbolism of MICHAEL is identical to that of HERU/HORUS and HERUKHUTI.

Isaiah 19:

¶ In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

25 whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am no expert so I do not know dates off of the top of my head, but I was wondering something. Without playing with the dates, which theory is closer to accepted thought, the Hyksos connection, or the Ahkenaten connection. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am no expert so I do not know dates off of the top of my head, but I was wondering something. Without playing with the dates, which theory is closer to accepted thought, the Hyksos connection, or the Ahkenaten connection. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i thought the video was good.. by the way those of you who havent seen it it can be found on you tube. to me it seemed that they had valid reasons for playing with dates, and for that matter i cant remember anywhere in the bible it said what date this happened so i dont even see wht that would matter. but hey what do i know right?. the only dates they played with were speculations anyways

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Next time I go to a historical movie, I'd like Byrd to come along. I'll buy the popcorn, $35.99 is a small price to pay to hear all the fallacies being brought up during the film.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I would think they would find hard, concrete evidence of Hebrew enslavement in Egypt, such as graves, tombs, remains, ect. Almost everything else in Egyptian archaeology has been preserved. Like for example, I would imagine some hebrew slaves were sacrificed and entombed with Egyptian masters.

They'll never find physical evidence that the Hebrews were slaves to the Kemetians, because the whole Exodus story is a symbolic Kabbalistic story, written by the Kemetian Priest and Master Alchemist we know as Moses(who was half Hebrew and half Kemetian).

As a spiritual friend that I used to talk to online once said...

Master Builders would have been coming from all over the world and waiting in line, in order to sign up to help Build the pyramids.

The Hebrews were slaves but the Bible never stated that they were builders of the pyramids (they may have but it wasn't stated):

Exodus 1:11 Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses

Moses was not half Hebrew and half Kemetian. He was a full blood Levite as both parents were of the tribe of Levi:

Exodus 2:1 And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi.

2.And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.

10.And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, "Because I drew him out of the water."

The Exodus story is not a "symbolic Kabbalistic story" at all. It was a literal event and one we should take a lesson from:

1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2.And all were baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

6.Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

11.Now all these things hapened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

They are lessons for those of us in this last generation. The lesson is that if we follow God and not worship other gods, He will protect and lead us through adversity and we will cross over into the promised land.

.........Whirlwind

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join