It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an OS that can help me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Is there an OS out there that can block those hideous flashing banners ^^^^that are everywhere? The ads are getting way out of hand with the audio/visual crap. If I forget to mute my speakers, I am assaulted with loud noise from some banners. Other banners wish me to have a friggin seizure as punishment with the stupid strobe effect. I thought pop-ups were evil, banners have just beat them. If the two should ever join forces, I fear my head will explode.

I promise, I will actually pay for an operating system that can effectively block out these offensive demons.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
All you will need is Firefox with Adblock Plus and Filterset.G. That will make the trick. No need to change operating system, however I recommend Ubuntu linux if you're interested.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Download Opera, install it, AND download and install this.

I get no popups AT ALL.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There's an antivirus+firewall bundle pack that take care of that perfectly. I it's Computer Associates eTrust and I use it. It's an all in one pack including email and identity protection. I use internet explorer and I never see any popups at all. So I say that is the better choice because it comes with so much usefull stuff. The antivirus protection on it is pretty powerfull, I opened an email once on accident and it contained a deadly virus. My antivirus instantly found it and deleted it. I did not scan at all.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by wildcat]

top topics

join