It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Box 360: Thinking of getting one.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I to am thinking about getting one.

But I'm not paying the $400 price tag.
I'm waiting until november or so...since then other consoles will be out, and the holiday season near...Microsoft will drop the price. Just dont know by how much...probably $50...but hopefully $100.

I want the console...But I just wont spend $400 on something that I will likely play only 10 hours a week.

I find it hard to believe that the PS3 will do well...I cant imagine spending $600 for a console.....But as long as sony still has millions of fanboys...then its likely that it will still sell good.

PS2 dominated the last console war.

This time...I dont see sony being so fortunate...they will still sell good, but I see Nintendo & Microsoft taking some wind from there sails.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I am not so sure that they are going to do a price drop.

The PS3 is going to sell for 499 and 599. Being that it is going to be more expensive than the XBOX360, I just dont think MS is going to drop the price. Also I have a few friends that are connected to theMS staff and also a few other game developers, and not a one of them says the price is coming down anytime soon. Maybe a couple years but not in a few months.

For me, the price tag was worth it. I have had more fun with this console since march than I have had with all my other consoles together. But thats just me.. a videogame junky.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
for those of you thinking about buying it, make sure you get the version with the Harddrive. you will need it eventually and you get more for the extra hundred than just the hard drive ( which is 100 by itself). Also, i suggest picking up the rechargeable battery pack with charger ( i paid 20 bucks for mine). The controller EATS batteries... faaaaar faster than a wireless mouse does. I was switching mine out about once a week. So the 20 dollars is def. worth it so you wont have to buy batteries every week lol. plus the rechargle ones fit in the controller better for me for some reason. my other regular battery pack wasnt fitting right and my controller would disconnect at random times ( really annoying if you're playing bf2 or chromehounds online... as the action doesnt stop if your controller is dc) .

i suggest picking up chromehounds.. its a Mech game.. and you build your own from the ground up ( from the same people who brought you Armed Core, FROM software). I have sunk about 170 hours into that game since I got it
Battlefield 2 is pretty fun when you're not dealing with people cheating or the crappy EA servers. And naturally Oblivion is a must buy.. top game on 360 and one the greatest games ever made.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
yeah get it

since you waited so long like me to get one

all kind of games are out
oblivion ghost recon saints row dead rising
i myself still like perfect dark zero so go for it

gears of war and mass effect total gaming bliss

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Test drive Unlimited just came out too... great great driving game.. free roam around Ohahu, Hawaii(sp) rules.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I had an 360 from day one with no problems. The Xbox Live is the best reason to get it.

When the games price goes down to a more reasonable amount I'll start getting more but right now the $60 price tag is just too damn high.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
just so you know corsig...
test drive is 39.95.. and definately worth it if you like driving games

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
just so you know corsig...
test drive is 39.95.. and definately worth it if you like driving games

Really!!!

I played the demo a while ago. You know what looked really good is the new Tomb Raider.

Do you ever get stuff from Ebay> I know you can get a used game pretty cheap on it but don't know if I trust it to work.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Production on such a high-level system causes the games to be 60 bucks. I doubt that they're going to drop that.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindlessinsanity
Production on such a high-level system causes the games to be 60 bucks. I doubt that they're going to drop that.

Demand should lower that cost though. if they sold it at $20-30 more people would buy them. Selling it at $60.00 will keep the mass from doing so, that's why your starting to see more sales and price drops cause no one is biting at the high cost.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join