It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jericho TV show......is it prepping us for something??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Jericho Update -
For those who don't know about this, season 1 is being picked up by the Sci-fi channel. With luck the show will continue past it's short run on CBS.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The first three episodes of season 2 were already leaked onto the internet.
I've already watched them and WOW season 2 rules so far, can't wait for the rest of the season to be aired.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Best show on air. I can't wait to see the second season especially if it is as great as the 1st season!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Universal HD channel had a Jericho marathon, well I recorded them to the DVR and watched them all this weekend. I have to go home and watch the one that was on last night. So far I really, really like the show, I was bummed about the old feller dying though, gerald mcraney is a great actor imo, and the character he played was awesome.

I have to wonder if it is prepping us for something. There just seemed to be a reason that I was watching it, other then the fact that it is a very good show. I have been having a lot of dreams about nuclear war lately, I played call of duty 4 and that deals with nuke war, and then on saturday night the Jericho marathon started up. My dreams have been awful, one there is an airplane flying over then a huge crack, warmth then black, the other one bombs are going off all around me and I cant make my way to safety, warm, then black. Kind of weird, all the dreams, and then this other stuff, probably nothing, i hope.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Strange dreams? It's probably nothing...

10-11-02 Myyrmanni mall bombing(Finland)
query.nytimes.com...
Last week, several days before he set off a bomb that killed seven people... Petri Gerdt posted his last message, containing the shadowy details of a strange dream ''about accidents, authorities and other kinds of funny happenings.''

research.lifeboat.com...
--"....once I had a dream that a police car drove to a detonation site. Good thing I was 'floating' in another direction," wrote Gerdt.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Here is my theory. I have watched the entire 1st season, and the first 3 episodes of the 2nd season.

Have you all heard of "The Lone Gunman?" It was a pilot episode that aired in June of 2001, about ... get this..... Hijacked commercial planes hitting the WTC!!!

Well we all know about the Barksdale incident.

The Lone Gunman was to 9/11 as Jericho was to 9/??/07. It was the prelude to the nuclear false flag event that was planned for last fall. (luckily it was foiled by our AirForce)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!

I liked the plotline about how the domestic terrorists who nuked 23 US cities blamed North Korea and Iran, and then nuked them in "retaliation"...

Very interesting to ATS readers I'd think

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This show is awesome, watched it all in about a day. Very plausible too in my opinion. I can definitely see smaller towns outside of the affected blast areas behaving in this way, be it like Jericho, or that other town who's name escapes me right now. Preparation? I doubt it, but whoever writes this show has done a good job in making a very possible scenario

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
New bern, or new bren I cant remember the exact name is the name of the town, i think it is new bern. I could see that happening also, border wars like that, you have this we need it were gonna take it. That has been happening for years and years throughout history in un civilized societies, even civilized societies it happens.

I loved that episode when Hawkins tells johnston I have a satellite to track New berns movements, and he says ok. Then his son says, you dont even care to know why he has a satellite that can track them. Johnston says, son we are about to go to war with New Bern, home of the nearest costco, that is weird enough, so no I dont care why or how he has access to a satellite. That made me laugh, and smile, that is what makes the show good, the writers and actors both do such a great job of making you care about them, or dislike them if they are bad.

I love the show, I am not much into TV, I used to just watch lost, but now I have added Jericho to my list. We watch a few other shows, but our TV isnt on much other then Tuesday and Thursday nights.

In my opinion, I think Jericho, not only provides great entertainment, but it also gives a good look into what happens after disaster. The power struggles in the government, having to take care of people that cant take care of them selves etc.

I also thought it interesting that the bombing was blamed on north korea and Iran, also the internal government worker heading up the terrorists that set the bombs off. I am excited to see where the show goes this season, the next show looks like it will be a good one.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Is everyone aware that Jericho is also the name for Isreali ballistic missiles? Currently the Jericho III is the most recent according to Wiki

Jericho III is thought to have been in service since mid-2005. With a payload of 1,000 - 1,300 kg it has a range of 6,500-7000km[2][3], and probably significantly greater with a payload of 350kg (one Israeli nuclear warhead). This gives Israel nuclear strike capability against Africa, Europe, and most of Asia.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Umm...

I just watched the entire Lone Gunman Pilot episode for the first time. Previously, I had only viewed that short Youtube clip that everyone was circulating. It struck me that Byer, the son of the targeted government official, had a striking resemblance to Jacob's brother in Jericho, complete with the neatly cropped brown/red beard and all. Similar hairline too. The actor's name is Bruce Harwood (Lone Gunman). Is that the same actor as Jake's bro in Jericho?

Here's some numbers and figures I gleaned from Lone Gunman:

-The woman with the chip is named with an anagram of Lee Harvey Oswald

-The supposed hijacked flight was Flight # 265 (That's 6+5=11, +2 =13, or, -2 = 9. Remember 254, the day of the year of 911?

-The flight was GOING TO BOSTON! (Flight 77 came FROM BOSTON)

-An announcement that the supposed hijacked plane was going to "make an unscheduled stop in 22 mins" (22=2x11 It's a pair of 11's, in other words)

-The number of passengers on the supposed hijacked flight was 110. (11 again.)

Now for Jericho: In both Jericho and in "Shattered Union", the video game trailer, which you can download, the nuclear attack occurs while the President is giving a speech. Type in "Shattered Union" in Google, go to their homepage, and watch their Flash intro. The nuke goes off while the Pres David Jefferson Adams is giving his inaugural speech in 2013. In Jericho's pilot, the tv screen goes blank just as the Pres is about to give his speech. Both Jericho and Shattered Union feature civil war following a nuclear attack.

See where I am going with this? I am looking for clues about when this supposed nuclear false flag is to take place. Anybody out there, can you find any clues about when it might be? I know it occurs in September, but that could just be a reference to September 11, comparing it to a past event, just as Lone Gunman was filled with references to Lee Harvey Oswald and Kennedy.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Interesting but hollywood fluff,from the few episodes i've seen.
Who in their right mind would send the people out of a shelter with the one inexperienced persons reading of a single geiger counter,the worm in the corn was laughable(lets burn the infected area with gas?The whole field is worm infested(green corn does'nt burn.Where do go when someone steals your horse,you go unarmed following the tracks and proceed to pet them until someone tries to kill you.

No hidden meanings,soap opera at best,love the tax lady though,she can forclose on me anyday.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mule skinner
No hidden meanings,soap opera at best,love the tax lady though,she can forclose on me anyday.

Didn't watch that show much, who is the actress playing that role?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
just wanted to note that the tv show jericho was canceled after the first season only to be brought back after an internet frenzy,. and again after season two was just announced to be canceled again. could this be because it is so close to the coming truth?

www.time-blog.com...

buzz.yahoo.com...

[edit on 3/26/2008 by keeff]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

Nah, I would guess poor ratings. I don't believe a nuclear war will happen anytime soon, if we could make it through the Cold War without it happening, we could probably make it through anything without it happening.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by keeff

No, it just had poor ratings, and is not making enough money for whoever carries it.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The cancellation of the final season came a mere 24hrs after the fateful utterance by Jake.

This is not a country anymore! Its a corporation!

Haliburton and Blackwater were immediately upset. The next day the plug was pulled.

You be the judge.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i'm watching this show now.. on episode 5 now... and this is shot-by-shot... a how-to on surviving every threatening situation a community would face after the country breaks down from nuclear war.

tiny little details even on how to watch out for "Static charge on a gas tank"..

what to look out for etc..

nuts

its like the "johnny went to the fallout shelter because it's safe, jane came too" ..from the 50's but with this formulaic slick that all tv dramas have now.
the pop rock every age group/demographic covered..

its a how-to
-

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
i'm watching this show now.. on episode 5 now... and this is shot-by-shot... a how-to on surviving every threatening situation a community would face after the country breaks down from nuclear war.

tiny little details even on how to watch out for "Static charge on a gas tank"..

what to look out for etc..

I watch only 2 shows, not incline to watch some more.

It is still a show made for American audience (primarily, even it had success elsewhere), reinforcing the notion of the "brave" "always finding a solution" "me and my gun" American.

I doubt very much that society will not be more "down on their knees" after a nuclear blast. The only one who can testify are the citizens of Hiroshima & Nagasaki, I doubt they would have been able to "keep rocking along" on their SUV (if they had some at the time).

Nuclear blast is not something that you can still carry your life as if nothing happens, it is much more severe than this.

It is just a "TV Show" (no consequence, don't even have to be anchor in reality).

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure the main idea of the show has come across this forum.

Jericho is about the complete corporate takeover of America. In light of our current finacial course. And the Russian Political Scientist predicting the fall of the US in July 2010 at 50 with America breaking off into six "states." Which is exactly what happens in the series.

There's this Jennings & Rall Co.(Haliburton) with their own Private Army of Mercs, Ravenwood(Blackwater/Xe), setting up the attack with elements of our own CIA, HMS, NSA. They blame it on North Korea and Iran.

But really it's a mixture of Anarchists, Right Wingers/White Supremests/Religous Fanatics headed by a guy in Homeland Security and above. Sounds like the MIAC report.

Then there's this Hudson River Virus going around at the same time. (ie Swine Flu)

I'm sure you guys have seen the story of the 132 misssing suitcase nukes that the Ukraine supposeofly sold to Iran at the fall of the USSR.

Anyways when theye finally show the map of the US after the strikes. I nearly threw up. Let's hope it's just a show and not a "Lone Gunman" episode.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join