It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jericho TV show......is it prepping us for something??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted, but the new TV show Jericho coming in September on CBS chronicals life in a small town after a nuclear terrorist event or limited exchance. EMP does in most modern conviences and the town is on it's own.

What's strange is that the show is also going to debut in Canada and also in Australia, which is apparently rare for new US TV programs. In addition, this to me seems a little "off" for Hollywood, which, along with the left, either doesn't want to talk about nuclear events, or is horribly inaccurate when doing so. This show also appears to deal more with the EMP and life without power ala y2k, then the nuclear event. Makes me wonder if this is subtly trying to prep us for this event, especially for those of you that go for the "our govt is behind the terrorist events", (which I tend not to beleive, but you never know it seems these days).

Anyways here are some links.

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

www.cbs.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Dont know what it means but it looks like a good drama to watch.

Good public info film from the goverment prehaps

Worth having a look to see who made the film and their links etc

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't know if "they" are preparing us for foreseen events but this certainly does sound like an interesting new show. I know that I, for one, will give this show a viewing or two.

Speculative fiction, on the screen or in literature, has always been intriguing to me. It's always interesting to imagine oneself in a scenario where everything has been turned around and to imagine how one would fare when the proverbial "crap hits the fan".

"Jericho" is on my Fall viewing list.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's on my viewing list as well.
I think the networks look to pick up whatever is the attention grabbers of the year, century whatever. Last year we had a bunch of alien shows this year nuke fallout.
Befitting with the times we live in I suppose and that' s what will keep people watching because we all wonder what if...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
When I was a kid in the 70's; they had a nuclear drama on television. It has been repeated on several occassions on the telly.

Personally, I feel that the media is used sometimes by the government to test people's reactions to certain events.

This drama seems to aim more at the people's reactions to a crisis rather than the crisis itself. It seems interesting. If we get it here in the UK, I will watch it and post later my reactions to the show.

The preview doesn't really give you the true feeling of the programme; so I just hope we get it here, so I can make a better judgement.

It would be great to know what other people think of the programme.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It's preparing us for pedestrian plots, dim dialogue, and decreasing story time in order to get us to watch the commercials and buy whatever it is that the comercial sponsors are selling.

Really.

I've had friends who worked in and around the television industry. The government doesn't come in and throw money at people to do material -- if that happened, it would be headlines in VARIETY and other trade papers because everyone and their performing dog would be trying to get a slice of the show as a writer/actor/gaffer/electrician/etc. And there'd be thousands of stories on the government involvement.

Hollyweird can't keep ANY secrets!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to seeing what it's all about. It's not showing up yet of TIVO listings, but I've got a keyword search going...

I don't think that we're going to get another "The Day After" out of this, but it should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
have none of you realised that Jericho is in fact a town on the west bank Israel.
supposedly the oldest settlement in the world that seems a bit of a coincidence.

Jericho.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There is so much "conditioning" going on....

There are people on the "right" in Hollywood who would invest in such a show in order to promote the governments agenda....

Hmmm.... It does sound like an interesting show and its something i'd want to watch out of curiosity.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
SrWingCommander I had very similar thoughts about the show when I first saw advertisements about it, which started around the middle of the war between Israel and Hezbollah.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
and add to this the mocumentary of President GW Bush's assassination and you can clearly map out the fututre.

War escalates, president gets popped, then wwIII lays the slap down across the entire middle east.

priceless.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's preparing us for pedestrian plots, dim dialogue, and decreasing story time in order to get us to watch the commercials and buy whatever it is that the comercial sponsors are selling.

Really.

I've had friends who worked in and around the television industry. The government doesn't come in and throw money at people to do material -- if that happened, it would be headlines in VARIETY and other trade papers because everyone and their performing dog would be trying to get a slice of the show as a writer/actor/gaffer/electrician/etc. And there'd be thousands of stories on the government involvement.

Hollyweird can't keep ANY secrets!

I meant "they" tongue in cheek. I don't see the government officially spending any money for this sort of thing. And there aren't all that many "right" sided people in hollywood. That being said, the subject matter seems a bit off for L.A..

On top of that nuclear war/terrorism is a threat (as is the EMP effects which is what this appears to be more about) that hollywood has never really taken all that seriously. There was "the Day After" in the 80's, but that was ABC. It would surprise me if hollywood wants to look at it seriously, in light of the fact the left seems to be down playing "homeland security". Or at least only wants to talk about what the current adminstration has done wrong, and not what about they can do.

I can't wait to see the show, but it seems that it's part public reaction gauge, part information presentation.

It will be interesting.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well, did anyone watch it??? I didn't check the main forum yet so maybe there are some threads I didn't see.

Ok, but I have a feelling the nuclear and post attack effects are going to be vastly underscored.

We will need a few more episodes to see.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Just a reminder to all. Jericho season 2 starts next month. I believe Feb. 12th is the starting date.

Who's going to be watching?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I thought it got cut after the first series? Then I heard a load of people appealed to the production company to at least conclude it, so they were doing a couple of episodes as a finale kind of thing?

I haven't heard about it for a while though so I may be wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Its on the telly here in South Africa too! Will watch a few episodes and post my thoughts here thereafter. I saw the promos but wasn't at all interested. However, if its causing such a stir on ATS, best I take the time to watch.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LovingSoul

lol well don't expect too much. I only watch it for a laugh because the production, casting, acting, continuity and consistency is so bad that it's good!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yes, Jericho is back for season two, seven new episodes in all

I don't know what it's future will be after that. Either dead and gone or farmed off to one of the cable channels from what I hear.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I wouldnt get to excited guysits a good show but thats bout it.
focus more on the town peoples inner lives rather than survival. its addictive show ill give it that but if its trying to soften us for a near future blow then it fails miseribley.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Perhaps it here to make us ask questions of ourselves as to how prepared are we?

One line post are better than no line post aren't they?

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Sanity Lost]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join