It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Had a Puppy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well, not ME, of course, but I got an email from my breeder and found out that my German Shepherd baby boy was born last night!

I have never had a purebred dog before so talking about "my breeder" sounds very strange, but there ya go.

I'm so excited and wanted to share the joy with my friends at BTS!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Congratulations BH! Puppies are some of the coolest things the good Lord created.
I have a new Jack Russel and he makes me happy.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Congrats, BH!

I know you have been anticipating this for some time. I guess you'll be on pins and needles for the next 8 weeks, or so. ?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Congratulations! And best wishes for a long and happy lifetime with your new doggy.

My wife and I just got a new puppy last February (a mutt, not a purebred, but with a lot of German shepherd in him!) and he's brought enormous joy into our home. Puppies are a lot of work, but the rewards more than make up for the occasional chewed-up shoe or stained rug.

Congratulations again. You're going to have such fun!

Baack

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
*Phew*

Congrats BH!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Congrats! I just got a new 10 month old pup. He is very well trained.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thanks, everybody!

Here's a pic of the surrogate mom and all the pups! Yes, one of those black blobs will soon be mine!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Awwww...they are so cute.

Congrats, having a puppy is such a joy. The house breaking part can be frustrating but it doesn't take too long to get them trained.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
They are beautiful! Look at those little puppies cuddling their mom!

My aunt once bred her female shepherd to my uncle's police dog, also a shepherd. I was present when her litter of puppies was born, and I remember the excitement and joy. The momma dog, Sassy, was ever so happy and was eager to show us her puppies. I got to choose which of the litter I wanted. I picked the runt, we named him Czar, and he ended up growing to be the biggest one. We had a wonderful relationship that lasted his lifetime.

Shepherds and huskies are my favorite dogs. Congrats. Your puppy will definitely grow to be one of the best friends you ever had. And from the looks of the puppies and their mom, it will be a beautiful creature!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You think the mom's pretty, have a look at their dad!

Wotan Vom Temar

And yes, raising a puppy is a great fun! I raised my 2 girls together 4 years ago and their puppyhood was one of the best times of my life!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Soz all!!!!!

My PC decided to have a nervous breakdown halfway through my post!!!!

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Way to go BH!!!!
The pups look lovely, I wish you and your new best friend all the best for a great future. I will never forget getting my grusome twosome Lewis and Ripley, how fast they grow!!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
BH.
Mom looks a little tired in that picture, just wait until those youngun's begin feeding

Mom also looks like she isn't missing a thing and would protect her babies fiercely.

How soon do you get to take him home?

We took our husky home at 6-1/2 weeks.

But, she was paper trained by then and soooooo cute. And still so small. She actually almost looked kittenish

She drove our old dog a bit crazy, but our old dog taught her a bit about behaving around her elders

We got her from a breeder, a first for us back then.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We're getting him at 8 weeks. The breeder said the mom (Leisa) was looking at her husband hoping he had food in that picture.

This is our first foray into the breeder world, too. I did tons of research and got personal recommendations before deciding on a breeder. Checked out medical history and pedigrees. Whew! It's a lot of work!

Your little husky puppy sounds adorable. 6.5 weeks is really young. I bet she was a cutie! She still is!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
And like proud puppy parents, we took lots of pictures.
Alas, it was pre-CDs.

I know you can't wait

Yeah, picking a breeder was some work, but there weren't many close to us and the kennel we chose has had champions.

She was a handful.
Huskies are known for their independence, stubbornness, energy and speed. Aaah, BH, you have given me a trip down memory lane

Maybe you'll share some photos and puppy moments in the future

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Maybe you'll share some photos and puppy moments in the future

You can count on that! We got a video camera just so we can document his life!

Couple of videos of our current 'family' here:

Slideshow
Video

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Presenting Jaia!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Aw man.

Look at that pupperino..!
Very handsome fellow..

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
He's gorgeous, BH.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
they are sooooooo cute!!!

and you are soooooooo lucky!!!

how much for one

just kidding

anyway, is that the actual color of the pups eye???

if so, that is soooooo cool!!!

new topics

<<   2 >>

join