It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America controlled by Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Is Israel blackmailing the American Goverment into conflict in the Middle East and were Mossad behind the 9/11 attacks. Why has America poured billions into the country with not a penny paid back. Is the American Goverment controlled and infleunced by the Jews and are they frightened of Israel starting a nuclear exchange in the Middle East. Under Bush's definition of rogue states is Israel a rogue state and if they were behind 9/11 why has not America attacked Israel as Bush said he would attack any country that attacked America. Even if they were not behind 9/11 are they not still a nuclear armed rogue state that is threatening to engulf the Middle East in war with the possibility of starting WW3.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
America is not controlled by Israel.

Take a look at the Israel/Hezbollah conflict...that's why the U.S. pours so much money into Israel. Israel is being used by the U.S. in the global war on terror. So, actually it's the other way around.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
By the way...

Adolph says hi.

Very tired rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Those Freemasons though, for if you believe in the 9/11 conspiracies (why wouldn't you?) than both countries have always been manipulated.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
crmanager its not rhetoric Im asking genuine question to illict genuine response and to hear the views of others who may have more info on the subject.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
it's not Israel as such that controls America, it's the massively overpowered christian and jewish powerbases based in the us that have the real power.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't think that Israel is a rogue state, by definition. They're a free and legitimate democracy, unlike the crooked Islamofascist government in Iran and the dictatorships in North Korea, Syria, Libya, etc. Regardless of what some people on here may believe, Israel isn't a nation that's hell-bent on destroying its neighbors.

That being said, I certainly don't support a lot of the decisions that the Israeli government has made over the years, especially in regards to their treatment of the Palestinian people. But I do understand their right to exist and their right to defend their people from acts of terror. I just feel that they fail to do anything to address the root cause of this terror- that being the extreme poverty and unemployment in the Palestinian territories and the negative influence and weapons shipments by certain outside nations.

Anyway, my personal definition of a "rogue state" would include the following: a dictatorship, theocracy or otherwise unelected regime. It could also be a government that claims to be a democracy and holds elections that are rigged and are complete farces. This nation should be a danger to its neighbors and possibly other nations around the world. They also often repress their own people and use labor camps and propaganda to mold their people into slaves of the state. They are also often completely unpredictable. They don't make what we would consider to be rational decisions, and building up their military is more important than feeding their people or building their nation's infrastructure. Of course, a rogue nation doesn't have to meet all of the above criteria. Those are just some of the things, off the top of my head, that I would use to define a rogue nation.

Now, according to "Labor Law Talk Dictionary," which I will link below (and hopefully do so correctly according to ATS rules!), the definition of "rogue nation" is...

Noun 1. rogue nation - a Third World state that possesses weapons of mass destruction and sponsors terrorism

"Labor Law Talk Dictionary" LINK

That is just the abbreviated definition. If you click on the above link, there is a more thorough explanation as well as a list of "criteria". It also states in part that the term "rogue nation" or "rogue state" is almost exclusively used by the government of the United States, and has not gained world-wide acceptance. Sort of like the Bush Administration's attempt to change the term "suicide bombing" into "homicide bombing", which as far as I can tell has only been used on occasion by Fox News.

So, the short answer after the very long answer above, is that no, I do not consider Israel to be a rogue state. But you'll find no shortage of ATS members who disagree with me, I'm sure!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sol/Ras I agree with both of your statements the Israeli's do have a right to exist and maybe if those who spend their efforts on promoting war and instability would turn it to the positive then we might see and end to this long running conflict.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Correction: America controls Israel and Israel seeks America's permission before doing things such as violating U.N, ceasefires and bombing certain civilian heavy areas in Lebanon.

Seriously, they come to us for direct oversight on world affairs quite often, especially right now, I see an extremely, extremely close collaboration between America's intelligence assets and Israel's military, which is being hush-hushed, but its an attempt to counter balance all the support Hizbollah has been getting from other countries.

top topics

join