It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a question for all enlightened beings...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
what was the first tool used to decieve humanity?...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I would have to say religion...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
i mean the very first, need a hint?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
hahahahahaha...seventh. I am glad to see you have a chronological list of man's tools of deception.

Sure, why don't you give me a hint...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
and those who would make you believe such things care not about you...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I would sugest perhaps the issue is of individuality is what has been interfered with, in that the scope is so much broader than what is being sugested.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
First tool to decieve man? Sex, obviously. Its a prerequisite for life and requires no thought to put it into practice as a means of manipulation. Sex is the underlying driving force of all life on this planet, humans included. All other animals use it as a form of manipulation and control. You don't get to mate unless you're "good enough" in nature, after all.

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage

the plane of seperation.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The knoledge of the good and the bad, the positive and the negative, the light and the darkness...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
The knoledge of the good and the bad, the positive and the negative, the light and the darkness...

this is the plane of seperation.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Love was meant to be defined by the individual it is there right.

It is still Love and in general we can agree upon what in general, is an indication of how it is properly expressed.

One example is to point at yourself then places your hand upon your heart and point at the other person.

This means I Love you.

From there the variations are specific to individualism.

As far as traditions in respect to these variations, in and of themselves, they are cosmetic without the individual sentiments, acts and efforts.

Wars between masses because of love make little sense. Unless you can prove all the men in China are trying to get all the women in the US pregnant and not pay child support.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
This means I Love you.
Any thoughts?

i love you, too.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You ask alot of questions and tell alot of things..but the problem is, you only seem to make sense to yourself. If you want to 'control' minds first you have to make sense to that mind, not think you are. The only thing I've really noticed about you that stands out is that you feel everyone else here at ATS is under some illusion and in need of enlightenment by *bigsage*

I regret that the movie The Matrix had little little affect on me then what it has for some, evidently. Maybe this is where my mind closes the door.

I used this particular post to address my opinion or feeling about you and I think your little so called experiment on the members here backfired thus you changed the title and your 'tune'. We weren't the experiment, you were, look closely..

What I believe the first tool to deceive humanity is going to greatly differ then what you or the next person believes. It takes different things to deceive different minds
and if you are the slightest bit 'enlightened' you'll see very clearly my answer. First I thought you were an unusual person with some really abstract thoughts going on, then you turned arrogant but now you are seemingly acting Godlike towards us petty souls..If you know so much more then 'we' do then stop with the game playing and enlighten us..please. So far you've proved nothing, atleast not to me.

I'm not trying to mean just being honest..games don't sit well with me. I have this little theory about games..they are played by foolish people who care not about who the players are, they just wait for the weaker player to fall into their little game so they can feel mighty.
Magestica

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

this is the plane of seperation.

Knowledge of the good and the evil, the yin and the yang, this is what make us suffer...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Do not work on you if you are, "enlightened",.
Just remember that those who would place themselves above you are probably looking at you like a piece of dirt to be swept away, or a bug to be stamped into oblivion,while they reap untold amounts of profit from your habits and have you looking at them as if they actually deserve what they have.
The truth is always the reverse of what the masses are led to believe.
Politicians are the lowest form of life on this planet.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

See the title of this forum...
I'd say it was at least the first big idea of how to control (and thus decieve) fellow human beings, and elevate one's self....(by being a deity's agent)....

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The first deception was the false hope that the knowledge of good and evil would relegate mankind to the status of God.

It might be worth pointing out that gaining the knowledge of good and evil DIDN'T.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The very first thing? Our creators.................

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
do you mean the first tool used by man to deceive man? would it be the spoken word?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Clothes

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join