It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

charges brought over latest uk terror raids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
just found a link on sky.com claiming up to 14 people have been charged in the latest terror raids link now all we have to do is see if any of them make it through the legal system

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The link says only 11.

Out of 23 people who were arrested, only 11 are being charged.

From the article:

He said video and audio recordings, bomb-making equipment, electrical components, hydrogen peroxide and martyrdom videos had been found.
"We have found more than 400 computers, 200 mobile telephones and 8,000 items of removable storage media such as memory sticks, CDs and DVDs," he said.

Why does this remind me of all the "evidence" they supposedly discovered in a conviently parked car at Boston's Logan airport that supposedly proved the guilt of the alleged 9/11 hijackers?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ive read the BBC website they are saying so far that 11 have been charged over this so called terror plot: But goes on to say that 8 have been charged with conspiracy to murder and preparing acts of terrorism.

Also the female who was arrested was released without charge.

So we have went from 21 down to 11 Wonder if there will be anymoe charges brought over the next couple of days.

Eleven people have been charged in connection with an alleged plot to blow up several transatlantic airliners.

Eight have been charged with conspiracy to murder and preparing acts of terrorism.

news.bbc.co.uk...

When these cases go to court expect a Media Frenzy!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

He said video and audio recordings, bomb-making equipment, electrical components, hydrogen peroxide and martyrdom videos had been found.

you forgot to add:

Police experts have removed 6,000 gigabytes of data from the seized computers

Bomb making equipment, including chemicals and electrical components seized, police say

A number of video recordings recovered

Not all of the evidence gathered can be planted evidence, obviously they have found something substancial to charge these 11 with this.

Ops nm you already posted the info

[edit on 21-8-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
im suprised that you didnt mention this one - "a 17-year-old faces a charge of possessing articles useful to a person preparing acts of terrorism"

cant wait to hear what 'articles' these were. an a-z of london? a bus pass? a shoe-box?

anyway, the court case will be interesting - thats where people should be found guilty or innocent

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The link says only 11.

Out of 23 people who were arrested, only 11 are being charged.

it claimed it was up to 14 earlier, guess they must have updated the page

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
the videos probably sealed the prosecutions.

now i don't know much about video manipulation, but I know its far, far harder to do than image manipulation.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
the videos probably sealed the prosecutions.

now i don't know much about video manipulation, but I know its far, far harder to do than image manipulation.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Peyres]

not really, if you have the right software and the time you can easily do it
also you would have to be a computer nerd

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Going with past cases! I.E: I.R.A. Suspects they will do their upmost to make sure these so called terroist suspects are prisoned. I am just so glad we do do not have the death penalty in the UK.

Hopefully they will get a fair trial...

But the way I look at it nope they are not going to get a fair trial at all ....

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
What's wrong with having the death penalty? Whats wrong with society ridding itself of murderers?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
if they are genuanly (sp) guilty then yes they should have been charged with something like treason as well and sentenced to death, unfortunately Blair removed the death penalty for people who are charged with treason

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

What's wrong with having the death penalty? Whats wrong with society ridding itself of murderers?

Whats wrong with it you ask? It has been known in the past that So called Murderers were hanged here in the UK, Alot of so called Murderers were falsely hanged as a result, turns out quite few of them were innocent.

I am glad I live in a country where we do not have the death penalty at all.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Police experts have removed 6,000 gigabytes of data from the seized computers

It's the most funny thing i ever heard! 6000 GIGS!! 6 TERABYTES!!

I would be able to write the plot in a little text file of about 4 kilobytes, but no, hell, they wrote it in a text file of 6000 gigabytes!
Even if they would have THOUSANDS of pictures of the plane or things like that, it's close to IMPOSSIBLE.

Do they take us for morons? I think so. They really think nobody know what you can put in 6000 GIGS of data... YEAH right, 6 TERABYTES... Big numbers big publicity?

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
at 6 terra bytes the only thing i can think of that would take up that amount of space is a loooooooooaaaaaaaaad of mad mullah promo vids

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Reuters have a small video clip on this;
Video
Does that work for every one?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
One thing they probably wont find is airline tickets or passports. Of cause this wont be mentioned in the mainstream media - it has already come out that none of the suspects had these. The whole thing is a farce - the UK investigators wanted more time for evidence, but Washington pressured the UK govt to act sooner - why would they jepardise a conviction without gathering evidence they believed they needed in the first instance just on external pressure?

new topics

top topics

join