It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Note: these questions are based on the assumption that god actually exists.

One question that has always made me sit still and think and ponder for hours, is how God came to be, and if he was not created how his different plane of "Existence" can interact with ours? If god has always existed, does it mean that the rule of "Everything has a beginning" is not true?

In short, if god always existed there must have been life outside of nothingness. Can our universe be just like another chapter in a book? Or another painting created by an artist?

And if something/someone created the artist, it means something that created the artist had an creator aswell, and on and on. Is existence/reality infinite? If not, how far you think it would go back?

I leave the hard nut cracking to you. If it hasnt been cracked before in this forum, that is.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Very good point but the answer can only be from ignorance.

It really depends what you choose as a yardstick to judge reality.

Ants or flees can see the mass of our bodies but cannot conceive our universe,
we in term can see the mass of the universe but have no idea of how small or big it may actually be.
Some Mystics say that we are the egg that has been hatched by the union of the Microcosm and Macrocosm.
The egg they call Akasha or numerically the Zero; the Demiurge (God?) pierced the egg and our dimension/level was created.
There are many "mystic answers" you just have to choose which fits your imagination best.
I don't believe there is a credible theory of what might have been before "Big Bang"

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
No one knows and no one has a factual answer to how the universe got here. The monotheistic god is a middle eastern creation that has appeared THOUSANDS of years after more established civilizations worldwide. You will not find another story quite like the middle eastern monotheistic belief system. There is nothing in comparison to the god of the middle eastern monotheistic beliefs.

We don't know how the universe got here and most probably never will. We need to abolish religion and put our resources to more important matters. Tired of these god damn jihads.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If you equate God as 'infinite potential' then I can see there being no beginning - it just always is. Otherwise, I get caught up in the same mind-bending ponderings.

new topics

top topics

join