It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap Abundant Energy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
An Irish company has claimed to have created a new technology that will produce free clean and constant energy. This is based on the interaction of magnetic fields. Should this be true the ramifications will be seen through all areas of life the least of which would be zero emissions. This technology will also violate the principles of the conservation of energy. An attempt was made for independent validation from academic institutions, it is being claimed that the few that agreed to look at this technology all confirmed it, but all are refusing to go on record. A challenge has now been issued to the global scientific community to test the free energy technology and publish there results. The Challenge was made in an advertisement in the Economist.

www.gizmag.com
August 20, 2006 Steorn, an Irish company, claims to have produced a groundbreaking (we do not use this word lightly) technology which is based on the interaction of magnetic fields and produces free, clean and constant energy. If the claims are true, the new technology will enable a significant range of benefits, from the convenience of never having to refuel your car or recharge your mobile phone, to a genuine solution to the need for zero emission energy production. It will also provide a secure supply of energy, since the components of the technology are readily available. Steorn’s technology appears to violate the ‘Principle of the Conservation of Energy’, (energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it can only change form) considered by many to be the most fundamental principle in our current understanding of the universe. Fully aware that its claims will be considered bunkum by anyone who has graduated kindergarten, Steorn today issued a challenge to the global scientific community to test its free energy technology. Steorn has placed an advertisement in The Economist to attract the attention of the world’s leading scientists working in the field of experimental physics. From all the scientists who accept the challenge, twelve will be invited to take part in a rigorous testing exercise to prove that Steorn’s technology creates free energy. The results will be published worldwide.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Everyone who reads this site has seen these claims before. This is something we all want, and because of that most if not all of the claims in the past have been bogus. So what is it that makes this one any different? The challenge issued to the scientific community perhaps. The advertisement in the Economist was asking for scientists not investors. The story also says that the technology will be licensed and given for free use to under developed countries. My cynical side still says this is bogus, but I really do hope we will need to re write the laws on the conservation of energy. For now I am sorry that I cannot get in on the challenge to do the testing.

Related News Links:
www.allheadlinenews.com
www.theage.com.au
www.sciam.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Calling ATS members... 10 questions of another kind
Why is this not in production? Great energy invention!
Zero-Point Energy Generation (Free energy)

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
All of this sounds eerily similar to the claims of Joe Newman about two decades ago.

Joe Newman

The company does face an uphill battle in academia and patent offices, but if it works, putting a few in the hands of ordinary citizens would be the best way to convince experts of its efficacy. No sane academic would put his stamp of approval on a "perpetual motion" machine under any circumstances.

[EDIT] Well, on second thought, this academic, Roger Hastings, PhD, defended Newman's theory, even while NIST called Newman's motor a "perpetual motion" machine.

[edit on 2006/8/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Grady,
Those are some good links with good info. thanks. Even though I did not know about those particuler links, I was aware that this claim had been made before. Like you I am just hopeing that the people who are selected to run independent tests on the technology that when they publish the results it will be done in such a way that we will all be ableto read about there findings.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I actually attended an event back in the mid-eighties where Newman rented the Superdome to exhibit his machine. It was condsiderably underwhelming. I've always rooted for Newman, however. Academia has been very cruel to this man, which is an odd response when one considers that the facts should suffice.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I actually attended an event back in the mid-eighties where Newman rented the Superdome to exhibit his machine. It was condsiderably underwhelming. I've always rooted for Newman, however. Academia has been very cruel to this man, which is an odd response when one considers that the facts should suffice.

Grady,
Sory that it was underwealming. I like playing with mangents so if I had the opertunity to go to something like that I probably would. It is unforchant that it will probably be years untill we will hear anything about how this technology works.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well we all know what the Government DONT have control of, they destroy or steal. Look at Nicholas Tesla's inventions, he created the same technology that we now take for granted, like the idea of Cell Phone towers (in fact these towers were originally used to provide power without the use of telephone wires). If they cant market it themselves, they destroy it whether through CIA/FBI intervention or they besmirch it until someone under government control "INVENTS" them.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by adam_hayden98237
Well we all know what the Government DONT have control of, they destroy or steal. Look at Nicholas Tesla's inventions, he created the same technology that we now take for granted, like the idea of Cell Phone towers (in fact these towers were originally used to provide power without the use of telephone wires). If they cant market it themselves, they destroy it whether through CIA/FBI intervention or they besmirch it until someone under government control "INVENTS" them.

Adam
I do think you are right about the technologys being stolen and or supresed. But in this case I dont think it would be the government as must as it would be the energy companies, and the countries the control the energy. So if something unforseen happens I think that might make this technology very importand and authentic.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am quite happy to see that this thread has not devolved into a gripe-fest about the laws of thermodynamics. It is entirely reasonable to imagine the possibility of deriving a source of energy from the interaction of magnetic fields. When one questions the ability to "create energy from nothing" it is helpful to remind them that at one point humankind didn't understand that we were drawing our oxygen from an invisible "ether" which no one could see or smell or taste (no fart jokes please). Neither the lack of understanding, nor the inability to quantify the mechanism of interaction with the atmosphere rendered our ability to breathe obsolete, just out of our intellectual understanding for a while.

Assuming that this discovery (which seems to be more of a re-discovery of Tesla's initial discoveries) hinges on an interaction with the constantly moving magnetic field generated by the Earth's rotating liquid core, then we're not talking about creating something from nothing, but simply harnessing another form of "ether" in the ever-present, highly active magnetic field generated by our own Mother Earth. Go Humans!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain

Assuming that this discovery (which seems to be more of a re-discovery of Tesla's initial discoveries) hinges on an interaction with the constantly moving magnetic field generated by the Earth's rotating liquid core, then we're not talking about creating something from nothing, but simply harnessing another form of "ether" in the ever-present, highly active magnetic field generated by our own Mother Earth. Go Humans!

Chaosrain,
I was thinking most of the same thing. If I come across more info on this thechnology I will post it hear. I would like to try a few small experments hear. Kina like to play with mangnets

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yes Tesla already found this power source. He had a small box with no moving parts, that powered his car. It wasn't a battery.

The thing is, people need to stop trying to make money on these inventions. You will be killed before you get a patent, and the invention will be suppressed. They need to make the design, and hurry up and give that design to everyone for free. When I say everyone, I mean everyone. Inventions like these need to be widely known, because if everyone knows about it, the government can't suppress it. As much as you want to make money on it, you need to bite your losses, and save the world with it for free. Or you may never get the chance to see your invention enter the world.

The inventor of the water car would probably tell you that if he was alive. He tried so hard to get a patent, that he was killed before the long process was complete. Now, nobody knows exactly how his invention worked so well.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
The thing is, people need to stop trying to make money on these inventions. You will be killed before you get a patent, and the invention will be suppressed. They need to make the design, and hurry up and give that design to everyone for free. When I say everyone, I mean everyone.

If cheap abundant energy is not the biggest lie in the universe, the biggest lie surely must be that anyone could research, design, produce, and distribute such a device with no capital. Most cannot raise such capital without investors and investors invariably want a return on their money. Call it the $=$(x) theorem, or some such.

The only other way is to have the government do it with tax money...wait a minute. I seem to have bumped into a paradox here.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
And a paradox it is.
The government does not want to make things avaible to the public that will hurt big bunsiss that keeps the people in government in power. The little people with the invenchen cant market it with out ventcher capital.
So we have the paradox.

But hear is to still hopeing that this technology will beacome known to the public.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Grady, I believe LAES was refering to distributing the design, and not the actual invention. Basically, going out and saying "Look everyone, take this thingamajiggy and hook it up to the whatchamacalit. Now plug your house into it, voila!"

Production and distribution--especially on even a small kind of "mass" market level, let alone global--would be better left to those with plenty of venture capitalists to hound. But designing it could, in theory at least, be done with a notebook and a pencil. If it's similar to anything Tesla created, I'm sure you wouldn't need a bank behind you to create a prototype (I admit I don't know much of Tesla's history; for all I know he could've made Gates look poor.) But I know most of the earth-shattering ideas that have come around were done by someone with a few hours to kill before bed and after work, just putzing around with a piece of paper and something to write with.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
Yes Tesla already found this power source. He had a small box with no moving parts, that powered his car. It wasn't a battery.

The thing is, people need to stop trying to make money on these inventions. You will be killed before you get a patent, and the invention will be suppressed. They need to make the design, and hurry up and give that design to everyone for free. When I say everyone, I mean everyone. Inventions like these need to be widely known, because if everyone knows about it, the government can't suppress it. As much as you want to make money on it, you need to bite your losses, and save the world with it for free. Or you may never get the chance to see your invention enter the world.

The inventor of the water car would probably tell you that if he was alive. He tried so hard to get a patent, that he was killed before the long process was complete. Now, nobody knows exactly how his invention worked so well.

AMEN!! I say here's finally a good use for viral marketing! Put the schematics into a virus that spreads itself around the world anonymously and quickly. Put the information in everyone's hand's quickly (except Mac users as they don't get viruses like this)!

Seriously though, it doesn't make sense to try to market these anyway as they will change the economic power structure completely and level the playing field for all of us (hence, we'll all be rich). That's precisely why the energy corporations and oil shieks DO NOT want this information released.
It's inevitable though it the world doesn't blow itself up first!

Peace,
~Jammer+

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
Grady, I believe LAES was refering to distributing the design, and not the actual invention. Basically, going out and saying "Look everyone, take this thingamajiggy and hook it up to the whatchamacalit. Now plug your house into it, voila!"

I had an idea that was what LAES meant and the back of every Popular Science and Popular Mechanics has had for years the plans to some device that promises to revolutionize the world.

However, taking any idea from the drawing board to the production line is an expensive, time-consuming proposition. And most of us can't or won't go to the trouble to assemble our own computers or other electronic devices, much less build a "perpetual motion" machine. Google Heathkit. Joe Newman's machine comprises 55 miles of coiled copper wire.

Newman's motors contain up to 55 miles of wire, and the voltage is rapidly switched as the magnet rotates. He elaborates upon his theory in his book, and uses it to interpret a variety of physical phenomena.

www.josephnewman.com...

The reason retail is such a big deal in the civilized world is that most of us don't want to grow our own food, build our own houses, build our own cars, make our own clothes, etc.

Even the Amish shop at WalMart.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Let me explain myself. If one guy knows the secret to free energy after a few years of his own research, and nobody else knows how it works but him, and he gets greedy and tries to make money off of it. Chances are the oil companies will pay billions of dollars to buy him out, or kill him, before he can share his secret. Thats a fact.

Inventions and ideas of this magnitude need to be secretly published for all to replicate. It doesn't matter who will, and who wont attempt to recreate this invention, but it does matter if the concept works and everyone knows how it works.

Put simply, all those who know the secrets will be killed, and the secrets die with them. You have to let EVERYONE know the secrets, so even if the oil companies killed the creator, that secret is out and there is nothing they can do to stop it. What are they gonna do, kill everyone?

If I develop the exact blue prints to make a working free energy device, I will secretly mass publish those blue prints to all the scientists, armature inventors, and anyone else who wants it at my expense, just so the "cat is out of the bag".

[edit on 22-8-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
AMEN!! I say here's finally a good use for viral marketing! Put the schematics into a virus that spreads itself around the world anonymously and quickly. Put the information in everyone's hand's quickly (except Mac users as they don't get viruses like this)!

You are not the first person to think of that. I have though of this, as well as many others. Either a mass virus, or mass e-mail, or 1,000,000,000 Kinkos copys spread over citys via aircraft. Get the secret out.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
I am quite happy to see that this thread has not devolved into a gripe-fest about the laws of thermodynamics. It is entirely reasonable to imagine the possibility of deriving a source of energy from the interaction of magnetic fields. When one questions the ability to "create energy from nothing" it is helpful to remind them that at one point humankind didn't understand that we were drawing our oxygen from an invisible "ether" which no one could see or smell or taste (no fart jokes please). Neither the lack of understanding, nor the inability to quantify the mechanism of interaction with the atmosphere rendered our ability to breathe obsolete, just out of our intellectual understanding for a while.

Ya it is technicly possible to make a propetual motion device. Think about the univers is infinite = infinite energy. Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The web is a pretty good way to get information and ideas out there.
It has been done with information that people and governments dont want out there. That is why countries like China have been useing data mineing to try and block it some what sucessfully.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I am convinced technology like this is possible.

I downloaded a documentary a few months ago that's introduced by Arthur C. Clarke called "It runs on water". It shows, detailed and in operation, three different devices which are more than 100% efficient.

One device is a water-pump/hammer which heats water to boiling in seconds and is between 105-130% efficient. The engineer that made it saw water heating itself in water pipes that were vibrating from water hammer. So he came up with this device which is like a golf ball surfaced drum rotating in a slightly larger drum with the water fed into it. It heats the water to boiling in seconds. He makes the devices in his workshop and even installed one in the local fire department for their showers. The firemen got the device independantly inspected by an engineer and he was astonished when he confirmed it was more than 100% efficient.

There was also a guy who found an method for efficient electrolysis of water. Instead of the standard electrolysis his machine uses low voltage but extremely high frequency electricity. It shows you the machine get filled with tap-water and he switches it on and instantly hydrogen comes billowing out. He then lights on outlet pipe and it ignites to form a constant flame. The energy released in the form of hydrogen was upwards of 1000% of that used to seperate it from water.

I noticed all the machines had a similar premise which is extremely rapid vibration/oscillation. Going off my high school physics knowledge (my favourite subject at school and responsible for my highest grades), I would hypothesize that what these machines are doing is forcing individual atoms to interact in such a way that their individual magnetic fields interact with each other and generate electricity in probably the same manner in which this articles device does.

The freed electricity from the devices in this documentary went to actually causing rapid electrolysis or rapidly heating water. I believe the vibration/oscillation from the devices simply freed electricty which gave the impression the device was either heating the water or generating hydrogen.

The response from the bulk of the scientific to these devices was mixed, some were intrigued (one physicist to the point of lauding the devices) whilst the rest dimissed it out of hand due to the impact it would have on established scientific thinking. The law of conservation of energy is a misnomer if you ask me, it should read theory of conservation of energy. How many times does science need to be turned on it's head before they stop using absolute language such as "law"?

The last great smasher of all things sacred to science was Einstein, which was less than 100 years ago. If there is one law in science it is that nothing humans theorize over is set in concrete.

However the closing of the documentary, also by Arthur C. Clarke, was sobering. He said that although free and unlimited sources of energy would be good for the planet, in that it would eliminate fossil fuel emissions, it should also be remembered that the use of electricity always results in heat emissions. Now if energy was completely free and unlimited to the entire 6 billion people of the Earth, the chances of the planet heating up passed what we could survive as a consequence is very real.

[edit on 23/8/06 by subz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join