It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The point of my bar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I would like it very much if someone could please answer a few questions about my grey bar.. thing.. under my name.

my bar is at 0m when saved.. but what does that mean?

What is the bar for?

Does a warning effeect the bar?

Does applauds?

Does the point system relate to the bars?

What can you do to get applauded? I have been applauded twice, but warned twice also, is that like an equalizer or something?

Sorry for being such a Noob here with the bars.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The bar is merely an indication of how many times you have been applauded, and how many times you have posted. The more you post, the longer it gets, and the more you get applauded, the redder it gets. When you get so many applauds as to break it, it goes black. Valhall and The Vegabond have this *problem*, as well as a few others.

I do not understand what you mean when you say "my bar is at 0m when saved", so I can't answer that.

The points system has no relation to the bar at all, but I'm not sure what a warn does. I thought it was just a points deduction, but Im not sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
when is the open bar?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What is the bar for? It increases in length the more posts you have, maxing out at 4000.

my bar is at 0m when saved.. but what does that mean? The gif name changes as you get applauded...1m,2m, etc.

Does a warning effeect the bar? No

Do applauds? Yes, your bar changes color until you reach The Black Bar of DOOM

Does the point system relate to the bars? No

What can you do to get applauded? Write quality, well-researched posts

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I was going to add that it fills up across the width of your profile around 4000 posts, but I see that it has already been covered here.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the help guys

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'll answer the name of the bar for you, you've said yours is currently 0m I believe.

Well we've stated that the more Applauses you recieve, the redder the bar becomes. Well the higher the number, the redder the bar really.

Every 10 Applauses you recieve, it adjusts itself accordingly.

After 10 Applauses you will notice a color change and then it will say 1m.gif and so on and so on until you break it and are infected with the Black Bar of Doom.

new topics

top topics

join