It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair 'feels betrayed by Bush on Lebanon'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Blair 'feels betrayed by Bush on Lebanon'

The alliance between George Bush and Tony Blair is in danger after it was revealed that the Prime Minister believes the President has 'let him down badly' over the Middle East crisis.

A senior Downing Street source said that, privately, Mr Blair broadly agrees with John Prescott, who said Mr Bush's record on the issue was 'crap'.

The source said: "We all feel badly let down by Bush. We thought we had persuaded him to take the Israel-Palestine situation seriously, but we were wrong. How can anyone have faith in a man of such low intellect?"

More...

:shk:

Now, I'll wait for all the posts that say it isn't true...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
"How can anyone have faith in a man of such low intellect?"

Haha I love this!

It's Bush, what did you expect.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"With such low intellect?"

ermmmmm......sounds more like political maneuvering to me than any real beef with the lebanese conflict.

What was bush to do?

Israel is an ally....they are an ally fighting an enemy?

Duh! the enemy of my enemy is my FRIEND!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hmm, we will have to see what comes of this. I think it all depends on Iran in the coming months.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
you must remember that Tony Blairs Spinless goverment capitulated to the IRA - Good friday agreement any one? An IRA saying when facing charges in norther Ireland. walk in 18. A refernce to the 18 MONTHS jail times they recieved for murder and terrorism under Blaires 'agreement'. (we leave, pack up all our bases, send thousands of troops home, disband regiments, and the IRA keep all its guns, all its infrastructure, and never have to give a thing in return)

So whats to say that they don't want israel to stand up for itself ? Just because he lacks a spine to fight true terrorism doesn't mean israel has to follow suit.

Well done for Bush making Blair look like the yellow terrorist supporter he is.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Blair is just another slimeball politician and, like his counterparts the world over, cannot be trusted. If ANY of them told me the sun was shining I'd feel obliged to step outside and check for myself rather than accept their word on it

Poor Tony, feels so let down by Bush, my heart bleeds

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
seems to me that Blair is just squirming after the *##* has hit the fan, and now that it is possible than this situation could esculate he's doing the usual "not me guv" routine

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Duh! the enemy of my enemy is my FRIEND!!!!!

Originally posted by Britguy
Blair is just another slimeball politician

This pretty sums up the entire thread: Welcome to the great game of politics!
But doesn't this thread belong to the BelowTopScret section?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Exactly Mdv2, it's hardly a secret that Blair is a slimeball

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Tthis thread should belong in the UK politics section on this thread! since it has alot to deal with Tony the lap dog Blair

Off with his head I say Both of them Blair and Bush..

Will not add any more comments..... think I have said enough with the above quote

top topics

join