It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for the home page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Most of the subject headlines should be gotten rid of as this website deserves a still more organized layout; at least I think they're not really necessary.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Could you offer some suggestions to how the home page could be more organized?

I believe everything is laid out as it should, categorized to the smallest detail. Every Forum is named clearly with a description of what it contains.

The buttons across the top are clear, popular threads are accessible with one click from the home page.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Could you clarify for me what you mean by subject headlines? Are you referring to forum descriptions?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What I meant was the grey bars that organize the forum themes such as: General Forums, Sponsored Forums, Current Event Forums etc., should be done away with. I doubt anyone has ever gotten confused as to the specific meaning of any one of the forums as each have their own descriptions underneath the links that leads up to each of the forums. However, the forums' different colors/shades should be kept as it adds greatly to the overall atmosphere of this website.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by risitar]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So what you are basically suggesting is that in order to become more organised, we should remove a method of organisation from the main home page?

I'm sorry, but no. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
So what you are basically suggesting is that in order to become more organised, we should remove a method of organisation from the main home page?

Yes, that is correct. To delete or not to delete: that is the question.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think the ATS first page you come to should be a log in window, maybe look like a safe or something, you enter your pass and the safe opens and the main page opens up.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How about adding the >> that takes you to the last post for the Hot Discussions and Hot Topics.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
"Cross The Streams!"

Originally posted by SimonGray

I'm sorry, but no. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Aw c'mon Simon, think outside the box!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I don't think that this is very easy. The Administrator have to re-code the php files of the board and maybe the SQL database to remove all "category" bars.

Usually it's a standard : Category-->Forum-->(Sub-Forum)-->Threads

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
We have a front page? I've not seen it in forever, so I didn't really know that we had one. I kinda always figured the main page was the myATS tab at the top. Shows what I know.

TheBorg :-P

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Well, looks like we DO have a front page. Fortunately for me though, I didn't see anything that needed any help there. All looks to be in order. Just wanted to give another
to the 3 Amigos for the nice front-page work, even though I don't visit it until I have to log back in.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by risitar
I doubt anyone has ever gotten confused

I guess you have never really delt with the public before. You would be supprized at how confused people get.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN

Originally posted by risitar
I doubt anyone has ever gotten confused

I guess you have never really delt with the public before. You would be supprized at how confused people get.

I'll get you next time Inspector Gadget (from the hit kids TV show of 90s fame at least in Canada). Granted it's a beautiful front page, however, I was just a wondering of if there could be a way to make it better than that idea should indeed be persued. Until then, happy posting!

new topics

top topics

join