It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 22, it was nice knowing you all

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickh
Well it's been 30mins since Iran were supposed to do their thang..and no news about it yet.

Although...Iran have just done this, doubt it is of any significance though:

cnn.com

A Romanian oil rig off the coast of Iran came under fire from an Iranian warship and was later occupied by Iranian troops, a company spokesman said.

Yeh, I read this on CNN, and its nowhere to be seen on any UK sites. Surely thats an act of war against Romania!!!!!!!!!!! This is outrageous, and no-one has batted an eye-lid. Its unprovoked. How could workers on an oil rig start fireing at Iranian warships

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

[edit on 22-8-2006 by coolheretic]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm ignoring ALL posters who submit one line entries.

If you've only got one line to share - keep it to yourself until you can convince us of your profound wisdom with something other than a sound byte.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
We dont even know if these people have nuclear capabilities, yet we are ready to kiss our proverbial arses goodbye.

Oh my word!!! Looking around, you'd think its a holiday and all the excitement and excrement is just too overpowerful.

I am afraid of (US)- we are the ones in this entire planet who have dared set off the big ones and killed masses of people.
The rest of the world, mean as it is, never has done it.

Something will go off, i promise, but it wont come from where you think. Mark my words.
What better way to have a national police state and NWO implemented? Not to mention ratings, and people pleading for "protection".......OMG....this is insane.

I need water to swallow this one. A tall glass would be nice.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Gotta love this headline from Fark.com:

In a blaze of apocalyptic fury, on this religiously significant date, the Iranians reply righteously with "...a comprehensive reply that can open the way for resumption of talks for a final agreement." Oh, nevermind

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Fail to see how any of the events posted here are going to arise in an apocalyptic event thats going to engulf us all in a ball of flame...ok a comet or asteroid strike out of the blue yes but Iran..? Not computing for me im afraid...ill worry about the stress and strain of moving house..its a lot more worrying to me at the moment.I just dont see enough information posted in the thread to led me to change that view..

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna

If you've only got one line to share - keep it to yourself until you can convince us of your profound wisdom with something other than a sound byte.

Technically a one-liner is also a post in which there is nothing to add to the discussion at hand. Is it possible for you to ignore yourself for that? Also, why do you feel it's neccessary to incite drama by posting something like that? Thirdly, why do you think we care who you're ignoring or not?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by Shawnna

Technically a one-liner is also a post in which there is nothing to add to the discussion at hand. Is it possible for you to ignore yourself for that? Also, why do you feel it's neccessary to incite drama by posting something like that? Thirdly, why do you think we care who you're ignoring or not?
/

OWNED!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, it's about 12:30 noontime here in the Eastern US, which makes it about 7:30PM in Tehran (I think), and no Armageddon yet. But there was this announcement from Iran:

Iran Delivers Decision on Nuclear Incentives Package
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran's top nuclear negotiator said Tuesday that Tehran was ready to enter "serious negotiations" over its disputed nuclear program but did not say whether it was willing to suspend uranium enrichment — the key Western demand.

www.foxnews.com...

Sounds like more of the same bluster and stalling tactics from them.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think we all (myself included) need to take a deep breath and consider from where all of our information comes. Read this, wake up, and relax.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well... it's 8.10pm here in England and I'm watchin from a high window
at the building where I work and nothin' yet.

Maybe somebody got the date wrong, nuh?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Dang i'm tired of this..
Tired of waiting for the fireworks..i'm going home..
and if there are any more prediction threads..dang we gotta form up a anti-prediction group on ats and "HECK NO IT WON'T GO!" the predictions.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Dang it all, nothing has happened so far....the reason I'm so upset is because college starts on the 28th, I was hoping to get an extension on my summer vacation.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
man...I got so wasted yesterday, got laid with this ugly girl, and no end of the world......

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
After reading the last few replies, I must say, there is hope for our younger generation after all! You folks know how to put an apolycapse in it's proper perspective.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
im sorry to report this , but we were kinda wrong. the apocalyptic 8/22/06 actually did take place. it happened in a parallel universe. let us all pray for ourselves in this other dimension. peace out.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Really? I thought it was all those "happy thoughts" that kept it from happening.

apc

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
so when I come to surface here in a cpl hours there wont be fire and brimstone raining down on me? That sucks!

Damn you Tehran!! can't even start a decent global jihad on time... pathetic.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If predictions are written on ATS you can be assured that it will NOT happen.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelslayer
man...I got so wasted yesterday, got laid with this ugly girl, and no end of the world......

funny!

there is one reason i was hoping the world would end today. we finally would have had a winner to the last to post thread.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join