It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt and Mars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've found some pretty impressive information today. It's not new stuff, but since i wasn't aware of it i'm really, well, impressed

The Earth-Mars connection

It is certain, too, that the principal Giza monuments form an accurate terrestrial 'map' of the three stars of Orion's belt as these constellations appeared in 10,500 BC. (see above) Who could have been observing the skies over Giza in 10,500 BC and who, at that date, could have had the technical capacity to realize such monumental works as the Sphinx and the pyramids? Egyptologists assert there was no civilization on Earth at that time, let alone one capable of planning and building such immense, well engineered structures. If they are right, why do the alignments of Giza so plainly and repetitively mirror the skies of the 11th millennium BC?Former NASA consultant Richard Hoagland is convinced there may be a 'terrestrial connection' between Giza and Cydonia - the region of Mars where the mysterious structures are located - perhaps a common source that imparted the same legacy of knowledge and symbolism on both worlds. Hoagland's interest in Giza began when he met Dr. Lambert Dolphin, a scientist from the Stanford Research Institute (SRI) who had conducted radar and seismographic research to locate hidden chambers near and under the Great Sphinx. Dr. Dolphin was captivated by Hoagland's idea of a 'Martian Sphinx' - the Face - and , in 1983, was instrumental in helping Hoagland set up the Independent Mars Investigation Project under the aegis of SRI. Hoagland argues that the Face on Mars is 'not merely the image of an terrestrial hominid...lying where it has no business being. One half (the right) is also the perfect image of a cat; specifically a lion - the king of beasts. So the Martian sphinx is in truth the combination of two "families": hominid...and ...feline.'

source

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Im not. the more I look at the supposed "pyramids" on mars, the more I believe they look like sand dunes.

Do they have any other photos of the face on Mars that show it to be a face? I think they claimed they took new pics that showed it was a trick of light, but you never know.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What really intrigues me is its intelligent design (the constructions present in the Cydonia region). It can't really be pure accident.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What construction are you talking about? The rocks and sand dunes in that region? I'd like someone to show me just one picture of something constructed by intelligent beings, or stupid beings for that matter....everything I have seen, and I've seen quite a bit, is natural.

Hoglund refused to use the new pics of the "face" on mars to back up his claims, because with the higher resolution pics, you can see it's NOT A FACE.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by sensfan]Noface

[edit on 21-8-2006 by sensfan]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah, the "face" turned out to be just a natural geographic occurance. There are some more recent pictures of it from a different angle floating around.

Although I dont discount the possibility that mars (at very least USED to) be crawling with life, I have yet to see any indesputable evidence of intelligent architecture.

And I guess its possible that NASA was lying....................Dont think so, but its possible. They have been known to be dishonest before

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
here's another quote from the website i mentioned.

The description also fits the lion-bodied, human headed Egyptian Sphinx. Another coincidence is that the ancient Egyptians called the Sphinx Hor-em-Akhet, meaning 'Horus in the Horizon'. Horus - the hawk-god, the divine child of Isis and Osiris - is a name derived from the Egyptian word Heru, which translates a s 'face'. Helped by a mathematician, Erol Torun, Hoagland has also identified a number of intriguing mathematical and geographical connections between Cydonia and Giza. Torun was among the first to realize that one of the large; 'pyramids' on Mars, the D&M Pyramid, contains a variety of functions and constants used in a sophisticated mathematical system known as tetrahedral geometry. Evidence of such high mathematics in supposedly natural structures is strongly suggestive of a conscious design.The most important recurring feature found in the mathematics of Cydonia is the value 0.865 - derived from the ratio of 'e' (an important mathematical constant equal to 2.7) and pi (the mathematical constant of 3.142 used to work out the properties of spheres and circles). This Hoagland terms the 'message of Cydonia' A trigonometrical function, the arc tangent of 'e'/pi, gives the value of 40.8 that is the Mars latitude on which both the D&M Pyramid and the NK Pyramid are sited. Amazingly, another trigonometrical function, the cosine of 'e'/pi, gives the value 30 - the exact geographical latitude of the pyramids of Giza on Earth. Hoagland has demonstrated that the Great Pyramid of Giza contains 'tetrahedral' functions identical to those of the D&M Pyramid on Mars, and Torun has shown that the positioning of the Great Sphinx, relative to the pyramids, expresses the 'Cydonian ratio 'e'/pi. 'The odds of such correlation happening by coincidence on two neighboring planets are somewhere in the region of one in 7,000, says Hoagland. What makes coincidence look even less likely is a bizarre link to another ancient site on Earth. One of the key angles of Cydonia, repeated again and again, is 19.5 degrees. this is precisely the latitude (19.5) degrees north. Which is also the exact latitude of the pathfinder-landing site.

yet again, i'm no math expert. but if this aint thought provoking just shoot me.

now seriously, is there any serious data that denies this quoted information ?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Where are you quoting that info from? Is that from Hoglunds site? If so, just browsing around his site should show you that he is full of it. Also, check out the link to the new pic of the "face" I posted above...where is this lion, or cat face he is seeing? Nowhere, that's where.

Hoglund is a waste of time. IMO of course. (and many others)

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Where are you quoting that info from? Is that from Hoglunds site? If so, just browsing around his site should show you that he is full of it. Also, check out the link to the new pic of the "face" I posted above...where is this lion, or cat face he is seeing? Nowhere, that's where.

Hoglund is a waste of time. IMO of course. (and many others)

here it is

Mars-Earth Connection

top topics

join