It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you unbreakable??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've had a fair few accidents where medically I should be dead but im still standing so I decided to make a thread.

I just thought id share my newest and by far closest near death experience. I dont mean to be an egotistical prick or anything but I'm one hard headed mofo. Literally.

How many people can actually say they were hit head first by a speeding car and not only got up and walked away from it but hardly even felt it. I was drunk and stoned but it still should have hurt.

Heres some pics for your viewing pleasure.
www.shroomery.org...
www.shroomery.org...

Its only been a few days and im already healing up nicely. Swelling went down a bit and im able to move my fingers a little more.

Heres how it went down. I was walking out of the bar at around 3 in the morning on friday night. Unluckily I got split up from my brothers and friends. I was crossing the road and a drunken driver sped around the corner and hit me and drove off.

I dont remember too much but I remember thinking it was like getting punched in the face ridiculously hard. Soon after I got up and started walking home thinking I was fine. Luckily there was a witness and they called an ambulanc which got there pretty fast because when I looked at the police card the next morning it said they found me only a block away from the bar.

I dont remember much but in the hospital they were telling me I wouldnt get in the ambulance and I was saying it was only a scratch. I remember bits and pieces of the paramedics trying to stop the bleeding and they got me to sit down. When I was sitting down I remember looking at the ground and seeing huge drops of blood hitting the ground and eventually the immobilized me got me in the stetcher and put me in the ambulance.

One thing I remember in the ambulance is the paramedics asking me if I knew first aid so they obviously searched through my wallet and found my first aid card I got about a week earlier. Another thing they asked me was if I took any drugs on top of the booze. I thought the best thing to do was tell the truth so I admitted I took some ectasy.

After that I remember pretty clearly the surgeon stitching me up. I remember I was cracking stupid racist jokes which I thought were hilarious and the surgeon was getting pissed off because whenever I laughed the stitches pulled apart. Another thing I remember is the surgeon saying "I like your outlook you maniac". I found that pretty funny.

After that all I remember before waking up the next morning is them giving me a bottle to piss in but it wouldnt come out because I was lying down so I kept getting off the bed and standing up to piss and that really pissed the nurses off. It came out eventually and they must have gave me an injection to sleep because all I remember after that is waking up at 10:00 the next morning.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
...CONTINUED

Next morning I woke up and I was dying to take a piss so I pulled the drip outta my arm and went to the bathroom. There were also these sticky pads stuck to my chest so I ripped them off too. Once I looked in the miror I was surprised to see I was a bloody mess. My face hadnt been cleaned so it wwas covered in blood. Didnt take me long to remember what happened.

After taking a piss I walked back to my bed to find my clothes and the nurse was pissed because I pulled the drip needle out and it was bleeding. The nurse started asking me all sorts of questions and eventually she pulled my clothes and walled and # out from under the bed. I showed her my medical card and started getting dressed. Before I left I wasnt very surprised to see my pillow and bed sheets were covered in blood.

After I got my card back I started walking towards the exit and the receptionist and nurses stopped me and said I cant leave yet. They said the police need to ask me some questions. Then they gave me this crackhead shirt to wear because the paramedic used my t-shirt to stop the bleeding.

I really wasnt in the mood to answer questions so once I had a chance I got the # outta there. When I got home my ma freaked out she thought Igot in a bar fight. A few hours later I went to another hospital to get an x-ray on my hand which was #ed up. I found out my hand was broken in two places.

All in all the damage is 15 stitches on my forehead, a broken nose and a broken hand. All I can say is im one lucky bastard I didnt get killed. I talked to the police after and they said the witness said it all happened so fast all they saw was a black car driving away. They have no suspects. I hope they catch the bastard so I can sue his ass and make a nit of money off this.

Werdly enough I dont feel any pain and I havent even taken an asparin. The broken hand pisses me off because I wont be able to work until it heals. On the bright side Im gonna have a pretty badass scar. Women love that kinda #.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Heres the other 2 serious accidents I've had. Nothing compared to my last one but worth noting anyway.

1.) I was about 15 and I was drinking on a 1 story rooftop with a bunch of friends. We were always hurting ourselves up ther but this topped it off. There was a small shed we used to get up and down off the roof. As I was getting down my foot got stuck in the gutter. I fell head first onto the shed roof, rolled off the edge, fell over the brick wall into the neighbours garden and landed on a pile of leaves. The near death part was the fact my head missed the wall by about an inch. I had a messed up leg after that but no broken bones.

2.) I was at work tearing down a brick wall last summer. As I was cleaning up I wasnt paying attention to the loose bricks overhead. A pile of them fell down and a few of them hit me in the head. Amazingly it didnt even hurt all that much. Must have just skimmed my head because realistically falling bricks shoulda been enough to crack my head open. Then again so should a speeding car but I didnt even have a concussion.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As if the initial accident wasnt bad enough, I got in a fight with a friend a couple of days ago and he punched me in the head and split the scar open again. I had to get 6 more stitches. I'll put up some pics when I have time. I also broke my baby finger again when I punched him in the nose.

When I got to the hospital my clothes were covered in blood but it wasnt my blood. They thought I killed someone at first.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirate_Pimp
...CONTINUED
I found out my hand was broken in two places.

I believe you are breakable. But I'm glad you walked away. AAC

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Crazy stories man. Awesome things can happen, some people could have died in your situations.

Troy

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
sounds intensley fabricated...but im sure everyone has had near death experiences, i know i have. If you want me to share just ask, im just saying that your not unbreakable, and not that lucky.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I like how you start the story with "I was drunk and stoned", and then expect us to believe that you remember all these fantastical details.

Mariella

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Perhaps -

A friend and I were traveling on a dark road outside of Taos, New Mexico on a road trip back in 1998. It was begining to snow, and the road was rather slick.

I was curled up in the backseat, sandwiched between two guitars and two backpacks when the car went off the road. As the car began to flip over, I remember closing my eyes and praying for safety.

The next thing I knew, I was hitting the ground. No bruises, no scrapes or scratches - just the wind knocked out of me.

Somehow I managed to fly out of the back window of a Volkswagon Fox without even so much as a bump on the head.

The car, meanwhile had flipped three times and was completely wrecked.

My friend who was driving came out of the incident with a small scrape on his hand, but suffered no other injuries.

Hope this qualifies.

top topics

join