It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Police Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
400 - 500 Police offers DESERTED THEIR POSTS after Katrina!

You want to know the real story behind this. There were never really that many who deserted their posts after Katrina.

about 700 of those police officers were made up. They were not real. These cops only existed on the payroll. Their money was recieved by government officials and high ranking officers. They did not desert their posts.

www.policeone.com...

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Kazkek]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok, so let's see what you got.

You have a link, yes. That looks great on a post, except for one thing, it is not a source for your argument, unless you want to back up that officers left their posts when they shouldn't have.

You have a point, yes, which maybe could go under "Skunk Works" because you are denying the existence of human beings which were there.

I tell you one thing, and one thing only that I will ever post directly to you on your thread. It is false as far as I know. The fact that you can't even provide proof or even half proof for this leaves me wondering what point your link was to provide. I looked at your registration date thinking that maybe you were just someone completely new, and not realizing the stretch you were making.

However, you have been a registered member longer than I have, and though that does not trump my credibility on this forum, I still do leave an amount of respect to it. Please provide some form of validity to your claims, and I promise you, if you can, I will do my best as a resident of this city to see that your claims gain as much evidence as I can help provide.

Please do not insult my intelligence though by making a statement such as the one you have, and then providing a link that contradicts your claim.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I was gunna say someting but a.... Well honestly I looked at Niteboys Avatar and I can no longer think.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sorry that was just one link that I found. I've been away from the forums for a good while.

That wasnt a very good link.

Just go to google and type in "Phantom Cops"

You will then see what I mean.

Tony Snow, right before Eddie Compass resigned as Chief of police from the NOPD, released an FBI investigation on the Phantom Cops of New Orleans. The 700 virtual police officers that were not there.

www.freerepublic.com...

katrinacoverage.com...

katrinacoverage.com...

and for the real show stopper.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ya this was reported on here before when the actual statement by tony snow was made.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Kazkek]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I can believe it, but you gotta provide some better links than these. Want to get together at some point in doing some research? Plaquemines isn't that far, and if you're up to it, i'll meet you downtown for some research. If one thing is there that we both know is true, just as any city administration can lie, they can just as easily leave open tracks to find.

I'm all for it if you are. You're not very far.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think the premise is plausible. New Orleans is so corrupt it stinks, but 700 phantom police is a bit hard to swallow. I'd like to see a more recent follow-up to that story. One hundred, I'd believe. Seven hundred would be hard to conceal even in the best of times.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hey Grady

That's the thing. When it involved the city school board, and all of those "fake" employees that were recieving benefits/wages, it was not even a hundred as far as I can recall. 700 is a humongous stretch. There are probably a few that are fakes. It is corrupt, but can't do much about that at the present moment. I can tell you what I will do. Tonight happens to be one of those "town hall" meetings. I'll see if I can sniff around with some police captains and ask questions. Are they honest? Of course not! Or at least not the ones that will be there tonight, I've caught most of them redhanded at one time or another. They play honest-like.

But they're very easy to catch in a lie.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You might get a candid answer, if you ask enough police. When I used to live on Constance Street, my landlord was a former Chief of Police. I can't remember his name now and I can't find it on the internet, but he was Chief in the early eighties, if that helps. He died in about 1993, if memory serves. Maybe it will come to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Grady, you're making me think way back. That was in Barthalemy's time, if I'm not mistaken and before Chief Pennington. Maybe Orticke? Or was that the interim?

Needless to say, politics have been crooked here for a long time, as you obviously know. Constance Street, eh? I use that street to zip through uptown as fast as possible. I will ask. I have a recorder on my mp3 player. I will clear it out, and use that to record in case I get a scoop. I think it would be far out for a site like this to get one, but alas, I'm getting my hopes up already on someone admitting it. It would never be published in the TP, they sold out a long time ago. On the local level, I can definitely see how media can be completely bought out.

Getting the truth here would be nice for a change.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well, niteboy. I hope you're not locked up or worse for asking too many questions. We'll be awaiting your report from the town hall meeting.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
LOL I thought this was a thread about those crooked arsed ba#####s caught on live tv stealing and looting for all they were worth (which is jack diddly squat any how)

I howled with laughter when i saw that thieving scum looting....come on they were the Police for goodness sakes looting....rofl.

If those at the bottom are happy to loot, those at the top sure as hell ain't going to be afraid of bending the books alot are they??

I know it was messed up then, but it was THE FIRST HOURS OF THE STORMS>>>>ROFL.

Thieving is as thieving does. Bet the bosses just lead by example.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Well, niteboy. I hope you're not locked up or worse for asking too many questions. We'll be awaiting your report from the town hall meeting.

Pshhaw, it was nothing. I was too floored with my simple questions, and the answers I received. This Superintendent needs to be fired for his simple ignorance. I just can't even believe the simple questions got such stupid answers.

I should have given a card with ATS on it, so he could come learn how do deny ignorance. Especially after being told "crime had gone down" when he was basing it per capita upon pre-Katrina population numbers!

I just couldn't believe it. He denied everything of course, and I pressed on, nothing. It was a big waste of time for the whole community. Almost everyone left in complete disgust.

The only person that had a good answer was the guy representing the Department of Justice, who, though he spoke way too much, started discussing the issue, and I loved watching Superindent Riley squirming behind him in his chair!

I'm sorry that there isn't anything to report.
Maybe if I can find a renegade retired cop or someone affiliated with a political bone to pick. Sorry though, I wish I could have done better.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You gotta go with the facts, son, and if those are the fact, what more can I say. I'm not surprised that they would compare current crime figures to the pre-Katrina population. That, of course, is the lowest kind of dishonesty and speaks more to the issue than anything else anyone could have said.

Sure the raw numbers have gone down and when you derive a per capita rate based on a non-existent population, that only makes it look better, if you're an idiot.

Don't forget that there was a crime spike everywhere New Orleans refugees went.

Having lived in NO for 22 years, the most genuine advice I can give to you is to get out while the getting is good. You survived the storm. Don't press your luck.

[edit on 2006/8/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
LOL I thought this was a thread about those crooked arsed ba#####s caught on live tv stealing and looting for all they were worth (which is jack diddly squat any how)

I howled with laughter when i saw that thieving scum looting....come on they were the Police for goodness sakes looting....rofl.

If those at the bottom are happy to loot, those at the top sure as hell ain't going to be afraid of bending the books alot are they??

I know it was messed up then, but it was THE FIRST HOURS OF THE STORMS>>>>ROFL.

Thieving is as thieving does. Bet the bosses just lead by example.

If it were food they were taking I would have understood it. But they were like leading the looting LOL. I was in Law Enforcement for 8 years and everyone in LE knows the most crooked cops lived and worked in New Orleans. Katrina only reinforced what we all knew to begin with. What a way to protect the community huh?

top topics

join