It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is George Walker Bush Watching You on his Computer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Or are his agents only?

The technology exists.

Who in the government, if any, is "Above the Law"?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If he's watching me on his computer, he has a very sad, lonely, pathetic life.

Is there an actual purpose to this thread?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
One purpose is "whatever works" to make the USA the greatest nation in the History of the World!!! Another purpose is to make all nations great with sufficient learning from the USA's experiences. Another purpose is a little bit of humor, as technologically watching somebody without their knowledge is a little bit humorous to me.

God Bless the USA!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, George, shame on you. You have bigger

and better fish to fry.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
dgtempe, do not be paranoid!!! Human power is microscopic compared to God's Power!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Amen and Hail Mary.

I'm not paranoid. What gave you that impression???

BTW, this snake i have on my signature is believe is a dud. Its not moving....

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
dgtempe, do you think I sinned for cracking humor? Is humor a sin? I believe it could be, but I am not sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
What is the point of this thread? Of course George Bush is not watching any of our computers, that is insane.

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Boatphone, technology exists to WATCH YOU and your computer!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Boatphone, technology exists to WATCH YOU and your computer!!!

So, GWB is watching me play minesweeper simply because the technology exists to do so?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
ArbitraryGuy, he might be watching you because a complex mathematical formula told him to do so. Playing minesweeper might not be the optimal use of your time as we all have to fight Al-Qaeda.

I am partly kidding but not entirely so.

God Bless the USA!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This thread makes me feel dumb enough to watch Big Brother.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
kegs, who to you is actually Big Brother?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
In the context of this idiocy, it's the show for the intellectually challenged on the magic goggle box.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I would think he is far to busy to be watching us on computers but I imagine Uncle Sam might be. But then again the only thing you ever see him do is address the nations. If time is not an issue he might be.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
OK, I'll bite.
Is Bush
a. Watching me as a person, looking at me picking my nose or touching myself in inappropriate places?
b. Watching what I'm doing on me PC?
c. Watching the dataflow to and from my PC?

And what technology are you referring to?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Yes, Bush is watching all of you on his computer, better put your pants on.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Yes, Bush is watching all of you on his computer, better put your pants on.

We agree on something!!! LOL...best get dressed, people...cause not only is George monitoring you personally, you know your little video camera? They have it turned on and are watching you too.....

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yes the technology does exist. I you have read the intel documentation for the Pentium chips you know that the processor has a “System Management Mode.”

IA-32 Intel® Architecture
Software Developer’s Manual Volume 3B:
System Programming Guide, Part 2

SMM provides an alternate operating environment that can be used to monitor and manage
various system resources for more efficient energy usage, to control system hardware, and/or to
run proprietary code. It was introduced into the IA-32 architecture in the Intel386 SL processor
(a mobile specialized version of the Intel386 processor). It is also available in the Pentium M,
Pentium 4, Intel Xeon, P6 family, and Pentium and Intel486 processors (beginning with the
enhanced versions of the Intel486 SL and Intel486 processors).

24.1 SYSTEM MANAGEMENT MODE OVERVIEW
SMM is a special-purpose operating mode provided for handling system-wide functions like
power management, system hardware control, or proprietary OEM-designed code. It is intended
for use only by system firmware, not by applications software or general-purpose systems software.
The main benefit of SMM is that it offers a distinct and easily isolated processor environment
that operates transparently to the operating system or executive and software applications.

The cool thing is that it has complete unfettered control of the hardware i.e. harddrive, NIC, modem, etc... It could monitor almost every thing that happens on it without the user or the operating system knowing its there.

If someone thought they had a good reason to they could update this system and monitor every thing you have on your computer. It would be completely undetectable by any software you run.

top topics

join