It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

future weapons assult rifle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
for anyone that watches future weapons
what was the rifle he was using the one with the scope perm put on and
has great accuracy at around 250 yards
its suppose to replace the m-16

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It was the

IMI Tavor TAR-21

And for information about the SHOW

Hope that helps you

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It wasnt supposed to replace the M-16, it was a new weapon for isreail

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Looks like a funky OICW look alike thingymajig with a bullpup P90 look, but functional. Could that be from the US sponsorship?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I think the G36C or G36K will be the next M-16.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
I think the G36C or G36K will be the next M-16.

i reckon the next us rifle will be a bullpup type rifle. they offer so many benefits over normal (non bullpup) rifles. also i reckon that the us will design their own rifle or have a rifle designed specially for them.

justin

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Very nice weapon..looks like something out of Halo 2.Certainly seems to be a force towards shorter bullpup type rifles than the larger battle rifles seen over the years.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Very nice looking gun, looks really light too.

I thought that the Xm-8 is gonna replace the M4/M16?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem

It was suppose to but the whole program when to hell when US gun manufactures got upset and started to lobby their congressmen (XM-8 was produced by H&K and it was largely going to be manufactured in the US). Now there’s supposed to be this new competition with US manufactures offering up their products (all are essentially interim upgraded current weapons, none totally new and long-term replacements like the XM-8). BS if you ask me, the XM-8 was ready to go out of testing and into service and it was good rifle, now the whole program is in lingo and not going anywhere, so for the time being we’re still using the M-16.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Looks like a funky OICW look alike thingymajig

OICW is completely moduler. you can take off the majorty of the body and it'll look like a stockless m16. on a side note this gun is also made by H&K

[edit on 21-8-2006 by imwithstupid]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by Zenem

It was suppose to but the whole program when to hell when US gun manufactures got upset and started to lobby their congressmen (XM-8 was produced by H&K and it was largely going to be manufactured in the US). Now there’s supposed to be this new competition with US manufactures offering up their products (all are essentially interim upgraded current weapons, none totally new and long-term replacements like the XM-8). BS if you ask me, the XM-8 was ready to go out of testing and into service and it was good rifle, now the whole program is in lingo and not going anywhere, so for the time being we’re still using the M-16.

Its such a shame the way things go some times. I wonder how US marines feel about the proposed new weapons?

Modulated weapons just make so much sense. On an MP5 for example, if you want to have a tac-light fore-grip then you have to replace the whole grip whereas with rail-mounted guns like M4S-System or XM8 its soo simple.

I am a fan of the M4 range myself and Im not in the army so it wont really change my life that much but it would issue in a whole new range of weapon platforms instead of updating old designs.

The G11 & OICW are both great weapons but they are big rifles. The TAR really looks practical because of its size and customability.

But who knows, if WW3 starts tomorrow then maybe I will put more thought into which rifle I'd want.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
It wasnt supposed to replace the M-16, it was a new weapon for isreail

are you sure?
because im sure it was being used by americans (unless israelis have american accents)

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The guy (bald headed dude) who hosts the show "Future Weapons" is an American and former Navy seal. And yes the weapon in question was made and is intended to be used by Israel, NOT the US.

BTW Jews who may have dual citizenship with Israel or who move to Israel later on in life can be from all over the world. Some are from the US, Russia, France and Germany for example. There is no set accent, some speak English really well others don’t.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It has been in service since 1991 but I have never seen an Israeli using one in combat.. is it Special Forces or standard issue?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
It has been in service since 1991 but I have never seen an Israeli using one in combat.. is it Special Forces or standard issue?

Thats because you don't look it up.

www.defense-update.com...

www.scgonline.net...\

www.defense-update.com...

Here is some info, its meant for the Israel's Defense Forces, both for special forces and conventional forces.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's mainly SF, but IDF is slowly spreading it to regular troops as M-16s wear out, but as they still have wast stock of M16s and M4s it will be a long time until it's the primary rifle (if ever) just a cost issue

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What was the name of the first weapon reviewed?

The one that drops from a jet and then splits up? Can destroy 40 tanks at once?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'd prefer to see an orchestrated effort between all the NATO countries on developing a new cartridge first. One in the 6.5-7mm range that would have effective terminal ballistics to at least 600 metres. Developing a rifle when a new standard hasn't yet been established is foolhardy. The 5.56/7.62 cartridges are dated and have their shortcomings (I'm a longtime 7.62 fan) and to continue to develop arms based on these calibers is a mistake.

[edit on 21/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
What was the name of the first weapon reviewed?

The one that drops from a jet and then splits up? Can destroy 40 tanks at once?

the one that can ayyack on a range of 3 football fields after launch
with mini bombs that can track onto the heat sig and attack and destroy with deadly accuracy, forgot the name

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i reckon the next us rifle will be a bullpup type rifle. they offer so many benefits

i reckon that the us rifle will be designed an Chinese .
i reckon that the us rifle will be designed an Chinese

i reckon that the us rifle will be designed an Chinese
it is neither US nor ISRAEL

[edit on 23-8-2006 by huws]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join