It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret techniques in the New Testament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There is a tract in the New Testament that contains, in the Greek, exactly 1000 characters. In this tract God is referred to 8 times. In each instance the first letter of the Greek word for God, or the first letter of its definite article when it has one, is an even number of letters from the beginning of the text. When these 8 positions are added together and divided by 8 the result identifies the first letter of a word in the text that defines God accordingly to a particular philosophical viewpoint.

The odds against this happening by chance are:

All 8 first letters being an even number of letters from the beginning

256-1

Total dividing by 8

4-1

Identifying the first letter of a word (average number of letters in a word in the text is 5)

5-1

Thus we have odds of 256*4*5 = 5120-1 against this happening by chance.

What the odds against the word being a definition of God are I don't know.

So - where is this tract?

Here lies a problem ... I discovered this tract by removing from it all references to Jesus Christ.

Romans 1,1-17

Paul, A SLAVE OF CHRIST JESUS, called to be an apostle having been separated to the gospel of God, which he promised beforehand through the prophets of him in writings holy, CONCERNING THE SON OF HIM, THE ONE COME OF THE SEED OF DAVID ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, DESIGNATED SON OF GOD WITH POWER ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS BY A RESURRECTION OF DEAD PERSONS, JESUS CHRIST THE LORD OF US, THROUGH WHOM WE RECEIVE GRACE AND APOSTLESHIP FOR OBEDIENCE OF FAITH AMONG ALL THE NATIONS ON BEHALF OF THE NAME OF HIM, AMONG WHOM ARE YOU ALSO CALLED TO BE OF JESUS CHRIST, to all those being in Rome beloved of God, called to be holy: Grace to you and peace from God the father of us AND LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Firstly, I thank the God of me THROUGH JESUS CHRIST concerning all you, because the faith of you is being announced in all the world. For witness of me is God, whom I serve in the spirit of me IN THE GOSPEL OF THE SON OF HIM how unceasingly mention of you I make …. etc.

After removing references to Jesus from the Greek text of Romans 1,1-17 one is left with a 1000 character tract that has the word God neatly arranged to identify the author's concept of God.

The author was a Mystic of some sort - the word identified is, in Greek, HDH, "now", "the present moment".

Someone else added Jesus Christ to the text.

All references to Jesus Christ and Christianity in Romans are later interpolations and additions.

So -

Paul, called to be an apostle having been separated to the gospel of God, which he promised beforehand through the prophets of him in writings holy, to all those being in Rome beloved of God, called to be holy: Grace to you and peace from God the father of us.

Firstly, I thank the God of me concerning all you, because the faith of you is being announced in all the world. For witness of me is God, whom I serve in the spirit of me how unceasingly mention of you I make ….

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Paul wrote his letters with NO intention of a hidden message. What would be his purpose? So thousands of years later we are able to get it?

Also, Romans would of most likely been written in Aramaic and/or koine Greek.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
... stretching coincidence even further (if what I've discovered is merely the product of chance) is the fact that the positions of the 8 words from the beginning of the text similarly identifies a word that defines the opposite of HDH, "the now", "the present moment" - i.e. Time.

new topics

join