It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret failing to capture my attention.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
the heat of battle...
definately one on the path of truth...
for within zero lies the same potential as one are magnitudes given a name men to discren the difference between...

Indeed my thoughts exactley!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
"Things" move like the tides.....
ATS is like the "birds and the bees".....sometimes it is good...sometimes it is not....
One must take the 'good' with the 'bad'....

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by Seekerof]

i agree with what i think you are saying there... i personally think ATS is going through a rough patch.. but i am staying i think it is important that the conspiracy community sticks together...

maybe it is the changes that we have had.. allthough nobody admits it it seams that everybody seamed to get upset after major changes..

i know change is good, but when your heart is fond of something.. like a pretty lady..its hard to accept her for what she is if she has put on 200lbs...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Really, no need to apologize. Don't feel sorry it makes me like a outsider. I will try to come more often in week days.

Hey, come around on the weekends, too. And always remember that this is an interactive type scene, you have the ability to start razor-sharp and riveting threads that are awesomely entertaining and at the same time informative! All assistance is most welcomed!

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Quanitity does not equal quality.....

With the advent of BTS all the babble has been moved over. As a result ATS is back to its TRUE function, and the real topics - such as the tank hit - are starting to show through.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am actually pleased the BTS has been created. I spend all my time on ATS, Ill probably rarely go to BTS. Why?

Cuz if i want stupid brain jellying mindless droning about whose favorite model is better or what color underwear do you like, I can go to a million boards for that crap. I was getting tired of the stupid chit chat and pointless postings on ats, now, with BTS, those who seek the mind numbing can dwell there, and ATS has been cleaned up of such pointlessness.

It was simply cinsuming the whole boaord, thats practically all people were rambling on about.

Now with BTS, I dont have to see it, people can carry on elsewhere. This means less activity on ATS, because all the non conspiratal posters dwell over there. Thus....... we are left with the serious ones here.

I suppsoe one day Ill venture ober to BTS, maybe. But for now, Im enjoying the cleaner, more focused ATS, even if its a little less active.

Another reason this board has been somewhat dead, of course, is one thing that spikes activity is the occurance of a major event somewhere, or a sudden discovery of a pattern of events of a major and easiy observed nature. Right now, the news and world activity has been dead and muted. But it should pick up soon enough.

We have discussed just about everything possible that we can discuss and examine alot...for now.

But, something will come up. im surprised more people arent examinign the cali wildfires.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't know why, but I don't have the energy to really think about topocs I want to post in. There are so many threads that don't interest me, so I can't really find anything I want. I tried looking in the prevous threads, but still nothing. Maybe I just posted too much in the last few days.

Well, I'll take a break from ATS today, and resume posting tommorow.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Anybody with an analytical brain looking at this topic will quickly recognise the causal factors in the ennui being described.

While there are a number of issues affecting motivations at this time, including bad BB politics, declining interpersonal relationships, lack of space to bury hatchets, and real world phenomena that are not yet being described here, the main thing that stands out (that cannot be discovered in survey results because the surveys weren't designed to uncover it) is this:

There is a lack of leadership in the generation of decent Topics that capture member interest. People will come looking for Topics to post on, and find none, and not see themselves as part of the solution. Sorry for repeating what has been stated by a couple of the Mods on the previous page. Are they part of the solution?

That is another indication of a certain vacuum at ATS in the past month. I apologise that I have chosen to simply observe it, and see what the board looks like without me and a number of others I have mentioned elsewhere. I will return in due course and fill the vacuum, in part. I have really not even progressed beyond first gear in six months at ATS. It will happen, in time, as the Board improves I will improve with it.

But to post on good Topics, you need to generate good Topics.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Have you guys noticed? Most posts in Ancient Civilization and many other forums are mostly news from major newspapers. People are getting more stupid and stupider each day, at least I am.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   

People are getting more stupid and stupider each day, at least I am.

Heh.

Here's a novel idea. The moderators and some people that have been here longer seem to be saying that certain threads have already been made and discussed.
In a world where we get pounded with information every second of every day, our opinions are fast evolving. Not to mention new members are coming in. Maybe its time we re-start a few old discussions and see what new views come up.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I don't want to sound discouraging but Above Top Secret doesn't get any interesting topics like it used to. Couple of months before that board was great. Now it is kind of on the low side?
But still it is one of the few boards that have variety of topics.

i agree. it has been getting kinda dull over there

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yeah. Some threads are so long, I don't even want to read it.
Most of the later responses don't really address the topic anyway, it digresses so easily. It is not worth reading.
What old threads do you want to re-start?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nothing in paticular as of yet. But I'l browse some of the categories and see if I can dig up something interesting that hasn't been discussed in a while.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If you can't beat them, join them.

Just because you got a lickin, doesn't mean you can't keep tickin.

You always get what you ask for but not in the way you expected.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I used to read another board for many years ( I won't mention which one) and I'm amazed at this board cos everyone seems to be friendly instead of being attacked for their views.

But I have to agree that some treads do tend to loose momentum or focus and topics get repeated again and again. I'd like to see more discussion in some places, but on the whole it's great...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join