It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did India Air Force finally made the choice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
For long time, I've been waiting to hear about India's pick for their Medium Fighter Competition that include Eurofighter Typhoon, Rafale C/D, F-16, F/A-18E/F and MiG-29. They were supposed to made the choice last May and apparently they haven't made up their minds. Does anybody would already know about their selection to replace the aging fleet of Mirage 2000 and MiG-21? I would recommend them to pick F-16.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i think u r wrong.....coz......this is second time .....when india refuse to buy f-16...coz now they have better choice.....like mig-29(letest version) or like any europian fighter ...typhoon or rafale.....

i know american fighter like f-16 ....or f-15, f-18,f-22,f-35 are great fighter of the world....but just look around past.....u will uderstand....

any.....next think i may be worng....but for f-16 ...no way

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The likely result is to be an increase in the number of a/c from 126 to 200 and a 126-74 split between the MiG-35 & the 'Super Bug'.

And i think the result is likely to come by this October.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Its stuck up because of beauraucratic bulls**t...

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Its stuck up because of beauraucratic bulls**t...

You have to admit, its a very difficult choice. There are more than just technical considerations here right. I mean this deal is likely to guide the future of India's Foriegn Politics and set the tone for future geo-politics.

What do you do? Do you stick with the old & trusted ally Russia, or go with the only Super Power and emerging ally America (who i might add was not considered trustworthy until recently) Then there are the French, who have had a long standing defence relationship with India. Not to mention the British and their offerings. And the Swedes....

My my, spoilt for choice aren't we

new topics

top topics

join