It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America-Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have been browsing on various sites regarding the relationship with Israel and the USA the sites I have looked at imply that America is blackmailed by Israel into supporting it, providing arms and money. The reason given is that the US goverment is afraid of Israel starting a nuclear war in the middle east and therefore a possible world conflict, what do you think?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hardly because the subsidization of Israel was a crucial stepping stone in what would become Operation Desert Storm. When Kuwait was invaded by the Soviet as well as U.S. backed Iraq, the Saudi's were confident that the U.S. was indeed ready and fully prepared to fight a desert war as they already had enough expirience with the Holy Land.
Israel probably isn't necessary anymore with regards to U.S. hegemony in the Middle East, but they are nevertheless obligated to do what they can for them just ala their bases over in Germany for God knows what reason.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yes I agree I could not get my head round this one becuase in reality we all would and should be concerned about the Middle East I dont know why thes sites singled out the USA.

join