It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits refused to fly until Asians kicked off plane

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What in the world are we going to do? They(The radicals) win if do anything, they win if we do nothing. In most of your minds they are always right, and we are always wrong.
A plane blows up, and you all are screaming where was the authorities? If they stop an terror attack most of you scream, where are our civil liberties?
What has happened to sanity?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lorentrook
What in the world are we going to do? They(The radicals) win if do anything, they win if we do nothing. In most of your minds they are always right, and we are always wrong.
A plane blows up, and you all are screaming where was the authorities? If they stop an terror attack most of you scream, where are our civil liberties?
What has happened to sanity?

Strawman argument. What plane blew up?

Listen. all of life is a calculated risk. Do you drive to work? You shouldn't. 43,000 people die each year in cars.

Use some perspective. It's not that easy to down a plane. It's not that hard to screen passengers. It's easy to get all emotional and illogical. Logic will tell you that going about your business and holding on to the our historical ideals of personal rights is the best way to not be a victim.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
didn't the great statesman 'bush' say that we can't let the terrorist change our way of life?? the terroist haven't...but the govt has.....
perfect example of parinoia....parinioa produced the the govt and media...quick to point fingers at 'muslims' or people that 'resemble what we think a muslims should look like' are behind the terror PLOTS...

terrorist wouldn't have to actually do another attack.....the govt is doing the work for them...changing the perception of the masses....

Actually, I'll lay the blame at the door of muslim terrorist scum. The inept Govts. are just trying to cover their ass. The muslim terrorist scum are to blame. They are the ones purposelly blowing up planes and buildings and busses and subways and ....

Peoples reactions are only natural when they begin to realize their govts. are handcuffed. When was the last time the west was attacked by Hindus anyways? Happens all the time I'm sure. Must be a govt. cover up. Hindus are blowing up planes and such all the time but we don't hear about it oooooorrrrr maybe they aren't.

It is unfortunate that some non muslim people would be put thru this embarrasment because of the inaction of their and our govts.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
"What plane blew up? "
sorry didn't make myself clear, meant "if"

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_Peel

Few would know the difference between North Africans and Arabs.

Well is there one? In all seriousness I ask, because many Algerians and Moroccans consider themselves as both.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_Peel

Strawman argument. What plane blew up?

Listen. all of life is a calculated risk. Do you drive to work?

He very probably does drive to work, but no doubt he wears a seatbelt, as the law requires now in most civilised parts of the world. The idea of this is to reduce the statistical risk of injury if in an accident, although he would, like any sane person, try his best to avoid an accident in the first place.

Likewise it is reasonable to expect heightened awareness and concern (as opposed to paranoia) in times such as these. It is simply the self-preservation instinct that kicks in and, IMHO, perfectly understandable.

I would say therefore Mr_Peel that your argument is in fact the 'Strawman' argument.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
daily mail, not surprised at all. i flew from london the day of the recent bomb threats, i bought a daily mail (because they have good crosswords (not that i could do it coz i wasnt allowed a pen)) and they had pictures of 9/11 explosions all over the place, words like "SATAN" in bold capital letters in the headlines! total fear mongering if there ever was.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I´m not religious but Jesus (if he really existed...) told something that is very true:

The only way to fight violence is with love. (if its not exactly this is something like this)

i´m not saying we should love the terrorists but, one thing we canot do and that is to atack all the islamic people like if they all were terrorists.

First, because obviously only a very tiny percentage of islamic people really are terrorists, just like a very small percentage of wite people are terrorists (eta, ira, and so on...) So it´s unfair.

Second, because making generalizations like that will only cause anger among that etnic group and probably make more poor, jobless, poorly instructed young islamic men to joint terrorist groups... So it´s stupid!

If we want to fight terrorism we have to go to the causes of the problem, and in my opinion the real causes are: poverty, education, unemployment, too much religion and manipulation by the religious extremist leaders.

Probably there are more causes, but if the westen countries could deal with these I´m sure the world would be alot safer.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
derfred,

Thanks for that comment. Here is what he said:

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. - Matthew 5: 43-48

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
derfred,

allegedly.

Nobody knows for sure if Jesus even existed, but I believe that religion is the root of this entire problem.

Remove religion from the world and you would find a lot more peace and harmony.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
derfred,

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. - Matthew 5: 43-48 "

Hi,

don´t need to thank

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

allegedly.

Nobody knows for sure if Jesus even existed, but I believe that religion is the root of this entire problem.

Hi,

I would say that the problem is the extremism, and not only the religious one but, all forms of extremism (excluding the extreme sports

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If we got rid of or never had religion it would just be something else, it's an unfortunate aspect of human nature that we seek out ways to seperate ourselves into groups then create conflict with different groups.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Most of you think the people on the plane should of ignored these 2 individuals....

With that line of thought....Ricard Reid would have suceeded in setting off his expolsive shoes. The people next to him did nothing. Luckily (for the passangers) a flight attendent took notice and stopped the plane from being blown up.

You do understand that you're comparing a man who tried lighting his shoes on fire, to two men who did nothing wrong?

I find it very funny when people justify their fears with "Look at the recent group who tried to blow up the airplane!" Like this is proof that no other race/"religion" is ever capable of committing terrorism.
I bet the same people would simply shrug off any plots or attacks by non-arabs as just a rarity, never to happen again.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain

First, I'd suggest you check out books by John Dominic Crossan. There was a man named Jesus, it's been documented. Was he thee divine son of God? ...probably not. Crossan spends his time trying to figure out the historical Jesus, and what his real message was. Worth checking out!

Second... to remove religion from the world, all religion, is incorrect. There are a number of religions which tout non-violence.. By removing them, it'd seem that one would actually be for violence..

And besides that, we can't just get rid of certain religions and not others.. Best we can do is try to reason with them, be it on a logical or spiritual level. (Is this possible, yes. Is it probable, no. But, isn't it worth a shot?)

I'm curious if America cleaned up its act, became moral and ethical -- would these people still be angry with us? Is it simply a function of shoving one's finger in the face of authority? Or do these people have an actual point that is missed because of the emotional reaction to their rebellions?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Regardless if Jesus even existed or not, your telling me it would be better to ignore messages of peace, kindness, respect and acceptance and just destroy the believers because of their belief in, umm, peace and respect?

Well, that sounds very NON-Peaceful which the way your saying is probably coming from an athiest, IE you. You are more of an obstacle to peace than religion is.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join