It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran fires 10 Short Range Missiles Within Their borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran -
Iran test-fired 10 surface-to-surface short-range missiles on Sunday, a day after it launched a series of large-scale military exercises throughout the country, state-run television reported. The Saegheh missile had a range of between 50 and 150 miles, the report said. It did not specify whether the missile was capable of carrying a nuclear warhead, but it was not believed to be.

Iran Fires Missiles

This was done as part of their "war games"

Everyone knows it is saber rattling and least and a prelude to war at worest.

It seems to me, if Iran keeps posturing, it just may get attention, but not the kind it wants.

[edit on 8/20/2006 by mrmonsoon]

mod edit: Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 20-8-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
All of this is tied into their "response" they will give to the UN on Tuesday.
I imagine its just all propaganda and saber-rattling. Worst case scenario is that they really are going to try to start a war on Tuesday and these "war-games" which are going on are just them getting all their troops and equipment into position. Its easier for them to do this under the guise of "war-games" than it is to just make a massive military build-up for no reason which would raise eyebrows.

But mainly i think the Iranians are putting on the dog and pony show for those they keep captive in their petty little tyranny.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Mrmonsoon, this is an anti-Israeli, pro-terrorist/muslim/Islam board so threads like this wont get much response. Just a heads up.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So Iran fired 10 missiles within their own borders.....whooppee doo. I have no problem with this as they've done nothing wrong here. What's wrong is the media frenzy that ensues. Are they not entitled to test weapons just like many other nations do?

brill

new topics

top topics

join